Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Filtered by age: 36-43
Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

3.2

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is one of only a few mascara that comes in Brown.That is a big plus for me as Brown is a more natural color.Have Not experienced clumping or irritation to eye area. Superhero IT is my HG mascara except it does Not come in Brown. However this is Not bad.

I wear contact lenses and this irritated my contacts massively -- I had to take my contacts off after an hour of wearing this. If you look at the ingredients list, sodium laureth sulfate (surfactant used in shampoo, very drying) is in here, which may be what's irritating my eyes so bad. It does give impressive length, but there's nothing sexy about red watery eyes...

on 8/17/2018 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Clumps-ville on my lashes. Don't understand the hype. Formula doesn't work for me, clumps. Brush didn't really separate my lashes, and left me looking like spider legs. Good black pigmentation. Didn't flake. Didn't irrate my sensitive eye ( contact lenses). Always had to use my lash comb with every application. Used for 2 months for I really tried to like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was super impressed with this mascara when I first applied it. It really made lashes big and volumous and did a great job separating my lashes. Only one coat is needed. They indeed looked like false lashes and I was excited. But after formula started to dry, my lashes fell.

I did this mascara on one eye and Loreal lash paradise on the other. Lash paradise stayed lifted, but the Lancome side was down and straight.

If your lashes have a natural curl, you will love this mascara. But if you have stubborn straight lashes, not for you.

on 5/11/2018 1:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got a mini of this because I have too many mascaras in rotation. I love it. It def gives a fase lash look and really, ive strayed and cheated but Lancome mascaras are still top notch!

I've been through two tubes of this mascara, and I have loved it. It's just dry enough that it doesn't transfer when I'm putting it on. It gives great volume, it's good and dark, and it lasts all day but it's still easy to wash off. It hasn't flaked, but occasionally when it's hot it seems to wear off at the ends of my lashes at the end of the day. Still, one of my favorites though.

on 2/12/2018 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this. It’s so volumizing and lengthening. I always prime lashes first with Lancôme cills booster xl. Gives a false eyelashes effect.

on 2/8/2018 8:33:00 PM

I'm gratified to see the low score here because that's all it deserves. Frankly I would flinch at buying a mascara or any makeup item called "Monsieur Big". At best, it's cheesy and cringeworthy, at worst it's demeaning and crude and fetishises makeup and gives it a misogynist slant. Why give a makeup item a masculine form. I don't mind "meet Matt(e)" but I don't like the subservient connotations of "Mr Big", it really irritates me and if Lisa Eldridge names it then that is peculiar. Having said that, I might put the cat amongst the pigeons by admitting actually I don't like Lisa Eldridge. I mean, I watch her videos and I bought her book, but her manner and her estuary accent kind of annoy me. But I love her hair and outfits and she's always age-appropriate which is more than can be said for most you-tubers her age and above who pump themselves with Botox and filler and bleached hair and dress like teenagers. Lisa Eldridge clearly uses filler Botox and hair dye, but she does it in the best way possible. So if she named this then I can only suppose she is a Sex and the City fan? It's still odd.

Anyway apologies for that diatribe. So onto the product. I nearly bought this but my hunch was that it wasn't good. Coupled with the aforementioned name issue lol. So I instead placed my order for my beloved Hypnose and the lash primer. Both excellent. This mascara came as a sample so I got to see if my reservations were well founded. They were. This has a big unwieldy brush (ahem, now how to avoid sounding like a dirty joke) and size is good but sometimes too big is too big. I prefer the more elegant form of the Hypnose brush. The big brush picks up a lot of product and does give volume, but in a clumpy way. It reminded me of loreal punky mascara, if they still make that. And final nail in the coffin - it transfers and smudges. And then to add insult to injury it's hard to remove and needs a good eye makeup remover. In the Bin it goes. Monsieur big let down.

on 12/27/2017 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've only just got this mascara so far I'm loving It! I used Hyponose years ago and found it really good. I have been using Smashbox Indecent Exposure but it seems it may have been discontinued in the UK? So I started research into getting a new mascara that would be my go to. I have average lashes, not particularly short or fair but not long and thick either. I like the consistency of this product and the brush seems a good size and does the job well. I haven't had any flaking or smudging although I haven't really put it under any real testing yet as only worn it for a maximum of 6hrs so far. Been no irritation and I have quite sensitive eyes. The colour is really nice and dark. I got it in a set on sale and I'm really liking the kohl pencil too that came with it. Full price it is reasonable price being slightly cheaper than some of the other mascaras from high end names. If it keeps on as it's started I'll definitely be buying again :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is the best mascara I've used in a really long time. I see a lot of reviews saying that it smears but never has on me. Even when I sweat a lot. My co-workers thought I wore false lashes. I tried the smaller tube to test it out. Splurged on the full size and Prob a my will for a while. If I want EXTRA drama, I use 2 coats of this, followed by 2 coats of Maybelline Lash Sensation. It gets rid of any clumps and is super black.