SinfulColors Cherry on Top

SinfulColors Cherry on Top

1 review

on 6/10/2017 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Cherry on Top is a very HTF limited edition polish from the Pretty Vintage collection by Kandee Johnson for Sinful Colors polish. There are 12 polishes in the collection, and this was one of 5 that were released separately and are hard to find. I have 6 Walgreen's in my area and only one of them got this last 5 piece exclusive release. I only happened to stumble upon them and was able to pick them up, but I have found them on line on sites such as eBay for an upcharge plus shipping, so this is available just not readily so. This is a really pretty polish and I had to seek it out once I saw several bloggers/you tubers raving about it. This is a nice red, a bit youthful, and it has a warm gold shimmer. The polish dries to a satin matte finish so it has some sheen to it like satin or a wax candle, but it is not shiny like a gloss. It is not totally matte either, and it looks like I dipped my fingertips in a wax candle. I really like the look of this. I have fair skin and a lot of reds look harsh and much too vibrant and the contrast is not a complimentary one, but this one actually is warm enough and soft enough with that satin matte finish that it works for me. I am still not very comfortable in red polish, but I am getting used to wearing it and trying to get out of my comfort zone. This one is really nice and I loved the easy one coat formula on this. I did two as is my norm. I did not top coat, but you could if you wanted a shiny glossy finish. This polish dries very fast! Not only dries, but it sets too and there was no tackiness or sticking when I touched my nails together. This polish has a rich thick formula and it glides on smoothly and easily even with the small standard sized Sinful Colors brush. This has so much gold in it that it almost borders on being a red-orange rather than a true blue red. I think that is why I like it on me so much, it isn't old lady red. It feels youthful and happy. I see now why everyone has been raving over this one. I've had this on for 5 days now, no top coat, and while it has some normal tip wear, there are no chips and the side edges haven't worn off either. Overall, this is a fantastic polish for less than $2. If you can find it, great! Do pick it up, but don't go on a wild hunt for it. I like it but it's red so a single bottle will be enough for me.

Popular Polishes