Garnier Ambre Solaire Sensitive Advanced Protecting and Hydrating Face Mist SPF50

No Image

2.0

1 review

on 6/7/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been waiting to find a spray sunscreen meant for the face at an affordable price point for many years! As promised, this is a very high protection spray sunscreen that goes on beautifully over makeup and sets perfectly matte. It's the perfect size to fit inside your makeup bag for touchups throughout the day. If I blot before reapplying, I don't need any powder on top.

The one reason this doesn't get top marks from me is that it betrayed the packaging. I've relied on Ambre Solaire Sensitive Advanced products for being perfume-free. For some god forsaken reason, they decided that the product you spray all over your face, of all their offerings, is the one that needs to be perfumed. And it's not a sunscreen smell, but a heavy perfumey smell that lingers on the skin. Blech. I still feel like I'm breathing in bug spray fumes 20 minutes later and my throat is burning.

I'll keep it in my bag, but I won't be using it except on days with very heavy sun exposure. Their body spray sunscreen is unscented (again, god knows why) so maybe I'll give that a go next.