Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder Translucent Light

No Image

3.0

on 8/8/2018 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

On me, this powder looks a bit shiny and dewy. Not a good thing. Based on another reviewer's recommendation, I picked up No. 7's Perfect Light translucent powder, which is perfect for me. The Cover FX one is a "no" for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ive been using this product since April and have tried really hard to like it. I find it accentuates texture: fine lines, pores, and dryness. It mattifies but looks dry. My favorite way to apply it is with a damp sponge. like most powders, a little goes a long way. I have the shade translucent light and I do find it leaves a bit of white cast, though not nearly bad as many of my silica-based powders. Two powders I prefer to this one are the No7 perfect light loose setting powder and the it cosmetics bye bye pores loose setting powder(this one has bad flashback). Both of these powders are more blurring and kinder on textured skin. I can't speak for oil control as my skin is no longer oily but dehydrated/combo.

i bought this in travel size and holy crap it's amazing!! i hardly ever powder my face coz i hate looking powdery. this powder sets my foundation really nicely and doesnt make my face look flat matte. and it is soooo finely milled it is almost impossible to detect. now obviously i only use a light layer to set, i dont know what it would be like for baking, coz i dont like putting too much powder on my face.
i just wish it was cheaper lol. but i definitely will repurchase. i am pretty loyal when it comes to powders.

Ingredients-
Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Boron Nitride, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Stearoyl Glutamic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Dehydroacetic Acid, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytosphingosine, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I really wanted this to work out for me. The light color matched my light to medium skin. Their is a nice barrier so that the powder doesn't get everywhere. Sometimes it got a little powdery. Whatever. The only negative thing I have to say is my skin tingled a little weirdly after first putting this on. After about 20 minutes, the sensation went away. After I spray it with a facial mist, it looks much better. I decided to return this because I couldn't figure out why it was tingling almost itchy on my skin.

on 7/14/2017 8:46:00 PM

Not my favorite setting powder for summer. My skin gets oily within a couple of hours after using this, even if I barely spent any time out in the heat (out the door, to the car, then back into work). Coty Airspun keeps my makeup almost entirely matte and in place even when I'm out in the elements all day and it's a fraction of the cost. I might give this a go in the winter when my skin is less oily.

on 7/6/2017 11:46:00 AM

I have been using the illuminating powder and loves it very much......but sephora canada suddently stops carrying this product from their line and started to sell this perfect setting powder....instead of going through the hassle to order the powder online i went ahead and purchased the perfect setting powder hoping it's similary thing........but it's not...it feels drying and my face has been acting out since i started using it......the finishes is also more powdery and not as flattering as the illuminating powder.

on 6/5/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love this loose setting powder. Bought it to replace my Nars powder when I ran out and I prefer this one as it has a pale tint and looks slightly more luminous. The only con is the packaging is a bit messy.