Trader Joe's Blueberry & Acai Facial Scrub

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Trader Joe's Blueberry & Acai Facial Scrub
Blueberry & Acai Facial Scrub

WATER (AQUA), VACCINIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM (BLUEBERRY) FRUIT, COLLOIDAL OATMEAL, CITRIC ACID, MALIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, STEARYL ALCOHOL, FLAVOR, POLYLACTIC ACID, VACCINIUM CORYMBOSUM (BLUEBERRY) SEED, EUTERPE OLERACEA (AÇAÍ) FRUIT EXTRACT, CETEARETH-20, CYAMOPSIS TETRAGONOLOBA (GUAR) GUM, XANTHAN GUM, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, LEUCONOSTOC/ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF/SORBUS AUCUPARIA FRUIT FERMENT FILTRATE, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) ROOT EXTRACT, LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL, URTICA DIOICA (NETTLE) EXTRACT, ACACIA SENEGAL FLOWER/STEM EXTRACT, ADANSONIA DIGITATA (BAOBAB) EXTRACT, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) FLOWER EXTRACT.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I was extremely surprised at how good my skin feels and looks after I started using this. I have purchased the scrub several times and will continue. Please Trader Joe's do not change or discontinue this product. I have also bought for other people and they like it also.

on 10/27/2017 1:49:00 AM

So first of all... first time really exploring Trader Joe’s for anything other than their Triple Ginger cookies. Both my sister in law and boyfriend rave about the Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner line, so I went in for that, and happened to find this in the same aisle. I misread it and used it as a mask - a couple thin layers on for 30 min before scrubbing it in and washing off with warm water. The consistency is amazing - not uber goopy like some products, and it straight up smells like dessert. You don’t need to use a ton, either. I definitely will need to be using moisturizer after this, as it did dry my skin a bit, but I think I’m just dry in general during the fall. All in all, for a >$6 impulse buy.... I’ll probably go grab a couple more jars next week ;)

on 6/21/2017 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I may go out and buy a bunch of these since I am afraid they will discontinue! This is a great product. Uses acid and some granular particles to exfoliate.It definitely refreshes my skin without being overly powerful. Be careful though if you have a lot of acne or scabs - it will burn any open skin a bit (to be expected!). Trader joes definitely delivers on this product for a great price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing scrub. Price is excellent for the quality of the product. I used it in the shower and had no problems with consistency (not too slippery) or the scent (very nice). My skin felt well cleansed and refreshed. I plan to use it two or three times a week because it is very effective.

Trader Joe's has some very nice beauty products that are worth a try. Always well price and good quality.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

You know that section of Trader Joe's where they keep the random and/or new products? I always look, but the offerings rarely find their way into my basket. But this, this I had to have. As I stood scanning the shelves, I smelled the most delicious natural blueberry scent. I thought it was food before I spotted this scrub. I grabbed a box and, sure enough, the smell was emanating from it. I have been trying to cut back on impulse beauty purchases lately, but at $5.99 I thought, what the heck?

This product comes in a jar packed in a little box. The jar is weighty glass. It looks nice and allows you to get all of the product, but I'd prefer a tube for hygiene/freshness, especially since this scrub is made from actual blueberries, among other things. (See the full ingredient list from TJ's website below.)

The product itself is a deep mauve color and the packaging warns that it can stain. I wouldn't want to get it on my clothes, but the white washcloths I use to remove it emerge from the laundry without any sign of it. The texture is almost edible--like a thick smoothie, with a smattering of blueberry seeds. (Obviously, you do not really want to eat this!) The actual exfoliation, though, comes from acids: citric, malic, lactic, and possibly some others.

I spread a small amount on my face, massage it in very briefly, leave it for a minute, and then remove it with a washcloth, before doing a final rinse. Afterwards, my face feels like I've used a strong (but gentle) acid toner. I've been using it about twice a week and feel this is plenty. As with all exfoliants, you must wear a sunscreen during the day.

All in all, I have really been enjoying using this product. I love my chemical exfoliants, so this is a nice addition to my repertoire, especially since it's the best blueberry-scented product I've used since the Body Shop discontinued its blueberry body butter.