3.7

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

The color is very pretty and unique—a silvery plum with green/gold shift. The bottle is smaller than say, OPI, which I like because I don’t feel product will go to waste as much as larger bottles. The brush is your typical flat kind, not too narrow or too wide. My biggest beef is the smell! Even hours after it’s dried, I can smell the chemical-y smell of nail polish. It definitely lingers and is very unpleasant. Because of that, I won’t be repurchasing.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Across The Universe is part of the current Out Of Space Stories collection, and can be easily found in stores that stock Essence cosmetics. The shade is a lilac/pinky mauve duo chrome, which I found a bit "meh" at first. However when I'd worn it for a few days and had seen the pearlescent finish in different lighting, my opinion completely changed; as well as lilac and pinky mauve, it flashes green, silvery blue and true pink in select lighting. A real chameleon of a polish. On me the base is on the thicker side, so it can be classed as a one coater - but I highly recommend wearing two, as one coat barely lasts one day on me, whereas two coats lends the pearl finish more depth and wears for double the time of one coat. I really like the brush width and shape - great for wider nails. And the £2 price tag? Fantastic; I highly recommend trying ot the polishes in this line.

About reviewer (1450 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

from

3 years ago

Across The Universe is a part of Essence Out Of Space Stories Collection, which came out earlier this year. I got so excited when I spotted this collection at my local Wilko that I bought the entire collection (7 polishes) and as they are only £2 each, I felt no guilt buying them. Reason for my excitement? Well, most of the drug store polishes are very same-y and to get anything more unusual I have to buy indi polishes, which are expensive (in comparison). So, seeing this collection on the shelf containing holos and duo chromes for £2! got my heart racing. Across The Universe is a green to lilac duo chrome polish. This polish has a strange sheer/pearl/pale quality to it, which I think you will either love or hate. I needed 3 coats to build up opacity, but this polish has a nice consistency making it easy enough to build up. I must admit that this polish didn't work for me by itself, but I absolutely loved it topped with pink glitter (Wah London Those Clingy Girls). Also when my work colleague wore this polish it looked exquisite on her pale hands (but again when she used glitter on top it looked better still). I would recommend you check out this polish and the rest of the collection.

About reviewer (740 reviews)

Age30-35