NARS Liquid Blush

NARS Liquid Blush
Liquid BlushLiquid BlushLiquid Blush

4.5

Dimethicone, Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Propanediol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Bis-hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/PEG-2 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/23/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me forever and a day to try these out – but when I finally did, WOW!

I never thought I would elevate a liquid/creamy blush to HG status, so what a surprise how much I love these. I first purchased Orgasm and fell in makeup love so hard, I ran out the next day and grabbed Dolce Vida. These glide on smoothly over or under powder (major plus!) – they blend and sheer easily and can also be built up. The shades are super opaque, and they wear easy 6-8 hrs on me, if not more. These do not emphasize texture at all, and are basically liquid to powder in formulation, yet never look drab and dry, nor do they end up a greasy mess. The formulation is a bit hard to describe – it almost looks (prior to shaking the bottle) as if there is oil in this. I find these to be interesting, unique, innovative, and beautiful in color and performance.
I loathe the powder form of Orgasm – nothing like this shade IMO as this one isn’t a full on glittery mess and the shade of pink doesn’t seem the same either. I can apply this with fingers easily (again, under or over makeup) and get a flawless finish, or a beauty blender. Dolce Vida is a bit darker and sort of a dusty rose shade, so I prefer to use a beauty blender and/or stippling brush.

There are indeed some cons to this product though… #1: Price. I do find these are way overpriced at $30 each. I also find the pump dispenses far too much product, and a lot of this goes to waste. On the other hand, it would prob. take ages to get through this bottle (or equivalent to hitting pan). That’s another con I suppose: this stuff will likely turn/go bad before its even close to used up.

These are great to try if you have dry skin and are on the hunt for “healthy glow” blushers. Shade wise, Orgasm is the most unique, as even though Dolce Vida is lovely, it can be easily duped in shade (not formulation though!). I say try one, as these are pricey – and grab the shade that’s more unique/less dupeable.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Although I like this blushes, I'm still wondering why NARS discontinued the cream ones. They had a better color variety in the cream (from very light/neutral in "Penny Lane" to very vibrant in " Cactus Flower"; but I digress, the liquid blush is a very pigmented blush. And like the cream blushes, it doesn't lift my foundation and blends effortlessly in the skin. Initially I purchased Torrid and Dolce Vita but both were not exactly what I was looking for and exchanged them for Orgasm. I have light medium skin with yellow undertone and Orgasm has a beautiful coral pink shade with the right amount of gorgeous sparkly deliciousness. The packaging is "very NARS" and it has a good pump one of those you can easily control to not get too much product out. I recommend this and will repurchase again.

on 4/19/2018 4:41:00 PM

Love at first sight. Half a pump is enough for both cheeks and somehow it looks even BETTER as the day goes on. It kind of melts into your skin and I was amazed how good it looked after 9 hours. It is a silicone-based liquid so FYI for anyone who is sensitive. I have Torrid but I'm debating Dolce Vita next because that's one of the all-time great lipsticks.
$30 at Sephora.com for a 0.5 ounces of product in a frosted glass pump bottle.

I have two NARS liquid blushes - Orgasm and Torrid and I love them both equally. I've tried the powder version of Orgasm and I liked it when it was 'the' blush to wear but my tastes have changed over time, primarily because what suited me in my younger years doesn't flatter me in my mature years. The liquid version of this blush isn't as glittery as the powder form and the staying power is superior.

These blushes are very pigmented so a little goes a long way. I find one pump more than enough. Speaking of the pump packaging, it's easy to squeeze too much product if you're not careful so use caution.
The formula is superb and blends easily and effortlessly.

Orgasm does have a bit of shimmer whereas Torrid doesn't. I'll wear Torrid in the summer when I like warm, coral toned looks.

Yes, these blushes are expensive and given how little product I use, they will last me for quite some time.
A worthy investment.

I think what shocked me the most was the sticker price. 30 dollars for a blush is just way out of my price range. Don't get me wrong the color and pigmentation are pretty but for thirty dollars? I think it's too expensive.

on 10/12/2017 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The best liquid blush I ever tried...long lasting, pigmented but very subtle, super easy to work with. I think most people are happy with up to one pump for both cheeks. I tend to like it more natural glow so half a pump is good for me. I think the fact that it comes in oil makes it so easy to blend over the foundation or powder with ruining the makeup. I apply the liquid blush with the Real Techniques stippling brush. Super happy with this blush.

on 8/21/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I returned my powder blush in Orgasm many moons ago. It just looked like I smeared gold shimmer on my face whenever I tried to apply it. The pigment refused to show up. It was NOT a good look.

I decided to give the liquid formula a try on a whim. It is a beautiful blush and I was very pleased! A little too much sparkle in it for my taste, but it looks like a peachy and dewy flush on my cheeks. It is a sheer product (do not expect tons of pigment on medium to dark skin), but looks so natural. I think you would be able to get away with fooling people into thinking it was as natural flush if it wasn't for all that shimmer.

The packaging is very tedious though. The cap is a tight fit and the nozzle is prone to unscrewing. Then there's the problem with the pump spilling product all over itself. I don't like making a mess and I don't like wasting my blush. I expect a lot more from a brand like Nars that is known for having sleek and simplistic packaging. Hope they fix the problems with this first batch.

Final verdict: 5 lipsticks for the product and 1 lipstick for the packaging.

I will try out Dolce Vita next. I want to see how/if the matte formula differs.

on 8/8/2017 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Being dry skinned I typically go for blushes that are a gel, cream or liquid. NARS blushes are legendary, and I knew I would have to try these. I have fair olive skin which makes finding a flattering blush a bit tricky. I opted for Dolce Vita which is the darkest shade, though I don't typically go for dark blushes My experience in the past is that liquid and gel blushes can be sheered down. NARS liquid blush is easily the most pigmented blush I have ever used, powder or liquid. A single pump is far more than anyone would need for both cheeks, this product requires only a tiny amount. I dispensed a single pump on the back of my wrist, then dabbed my finger in the product and applied a dot on each cheek. Once applied the color was totally opaque, I blended it out a bit and it was still very harsh. I ended up using a damp Beauty Blender to sheer this out which worked wonderfully. Being that this shade goes on quite dark this could also be suitable for darker skin tones. I'm an olivey NC15-20 and this looks great so long as it's sheered down, it imparts a nice glowy flush. This is my new favorite blush.

on 7/27/2017 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I will begin by saying I really love the powder form of this blush. The liquid is highly pigmented and I find it too hard to use. Someone who is less klutzy may do well with this but I have trouble getting it too look subtle, it almost looks like old-timey "rouge." Using less does not seem to help as it tends to settle in and not spread out evenly. If I mix it with moisturizer it removes my foundation and I am not immune to cosmetic induced acne even in my dotage. I will stick to the powdered "Orgasm," I have tried the cream form and didn't like it either. The powder form to me, is perfection.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have always been a fan of NARS Orgasm blush, so when this line of liquid blushes appeared, I knew that would be my first choice. Great packaging, and the tiniest bit of product goes a long way in creating a soft and natural flush. The product itself is not inexpensive, but I could see it lasting a really long time. Comes with an attached plastic wand for application (like nail polish, without the brush), which makes for easy and neat application. Love it!