NARS Liquid Blush

NARS Liquid Blush
Liquid BlushLiquid BlushLiquid Blush

4.5

Dimethicone, Water, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Propanediol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Bis-hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/PEG-2 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Although I like this blushes, I'm still wondering why NARS discontinued the cream ones. They had a better color variety in the cream (from very light/neutral in "Penny Lane" to very vibrant in " Cactus Flower"; but I digress, the liquid blush is a very pigmented blush. And like the cream blushes, it doesn't lift my foundation and blends effortlessly in the skin. Initially I purchased Torrid and Dolce Vita but both were not exactly what I was looking for and exchanged them for Orgasm. I have light medium skin with yellow undertone and Orgasm has a beautiful coral pink shade with the right amount of gorgeous sparkly deliciousness. The packaging is "very NARS" and it has a good pump one of those you can easily control to not get too much product out. I recommend this and will repurchase again.

on 4/19/2018 4:41:00 PM

Love at first sight. Half a pump is enough for both cheeks and somehow it looks even BETTER as the day goes on. It kind of melts into your skin and I was amazed how good it looked after 9 hours. It is a silicone-based liquid so FYI for anyone who is sensitive. I have Torrid but I'm debating Dolce Vita next because that's one of the all-time great lipsticks.
$30 at Sephora.com for a 0.5 ounces of product in a frosted glass pump bottle.

I have two NARS liquid blushes - Orgasm and Torrid and I love them both equally. I've tried the powder version of Orgasm and I liked it when it was 'the' blush to wear but my tastes have changed over time, primarily because what suited me in my younger years doesn't flatter me in my mature years. The liquid version of this blush isn't as glittery as the powder form and the staying power is superior.

These blushes are very pigmented so a little goes a long way. I find one pump more than enough. Speaking of the pump packaging, it's easy to squeeze too much product if you're not careful so use caution.
The formula is superb and blends easily and effortlessly.

Orgasm does have a bit of shimmer whereas Torrid doesn't. I'll wear Torrid in the summer when I like warm, coral toned looks.

Yes, these blushes are expensive and given how little product I use, they will last me for quite some time.
A worthy investment.

I think what shocked me the most was the sticker price. 30 dollars for a blush is just way out of my price range. Don't get me wrong the color and pigmentation are pretty but for thirty dollars? I think it's too expensive.

on 10/12/2017 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The best liquid blush I ever tried...long lasting, pigmented but very subtle, super easy to work with. I think most people are happy with up to one pump for both cheeks. I tend to like it more natural glow so half a pump is good for me. I think the fact that it comes in oil makes it so easy to blend over the foundation or powder with ruining the makeup. I apply the liquid blush with the Real Techniques stippling brush. Super happy with this blush.

on 8/21/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I returned my powder blush in Orgasm many moons ago. It just looked like I smeared gold shimmer on my face whenever I tried to apply it. The pigment refused to show up. It was NOT a good look.

I decided to give the liquid formula a try on a whim. It is a beautiful blush and I was very pleased! A little too much sparkle in it for my taste, but it looks like a peachy and dewy flush on my cheeks. It is a sheer product (do not expect tons of pigment on medium to dark skin), but looks so natural. I think you would be able to get away with fooling people into thinking it was as natural flush if it wasn't for all that shimmer.

The packaging is very tedious though. The cap is a tight fit and the nozzle is prone to unscrewing. Then there's the problem with the pump spilling product all over itself. I don't like making a mess and I don't like wasting my blush. I expect a lot more from a brand like Nars that is known for having sleek and simplistic packaging. Hope they fix the problems with this first batch.

Final verdict: 5 lipsticks for the product and 1 lipstick for the packaging.

I will try out Dolce Vita next. I want to see how/if the matte formula differs.

on 8/8/2017 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Being dry skinned I typically go for blushes that are a gel, cream or liquid. NARS blushes are legendary, and I knew I would have to try these. I have fair olive skin which makes finding a flattering blush a bit tricky. I opted for Dolce Vita which is the darkest shade, though I don't typically go for dark blushes My experience in the past is that liquid and gel blushes can be sheered down. NARS liquid blush is easily the most pigmented blush I have ever used, powder or liquid. A single pump is far more than anyone would need for both cheeks, this product requires only a tiny amount. I dispensed a single pump on the back of my wrist, then dabbed my finger in the product and applied a dot on each cheek. Once applied the color was totally opaque, I blended it out a bit and it was still very harsh. I ended up using a damp Beauty Blender to sheer this out which worked wonderfully. Being that this shade goes on quite dark this could also be suitable for darker skin tones. I'm an olivey NC15-20 and this looks great so long as it's sheered down, it imparts a nice glowy flush. This is my new favorite blush.

on 7/27/2017 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I will begin by saying I really love the powder form of this blush. The liquid is highly pigmented and I find it too hard to use. Someone who is less klutzy may do well with this but I have trouble getting it too look subtle, it almost looks like old-timey "rouge." Using less does not seem to help as it tends to settle in and not spread out evenly. If I mix it with moisturizer it removes my foundation and I am not immune to cosmetic induced acne even in my dotage. I will stick to the powdered "Orgasm," I have tried the cream form and didn't like it either. The powder form to me, is perfection.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have always been a fan of NARS Orgasm blush, so when this line of liquid blushes appeared, I knew that would be my first choice. Great packaging, and the tiniest bit of product goes a long way in creating a soft and natural flush. The product itself is not inexpensive, but I could see it lasting a really long time. Comes with an attached plastic wand for application (like nail polish, without the brush), which makes for easy and neat application. Love it!

I purchased the NARS Liquid Blush in their famed color Orgasm. The liquid blush is simply amazing- highly pigmented, blendable, and long lasting- I consider those three factors the makeup trifecta. I also love the fact that I can apply the blush under my foundation or over it- even on top of powder it still applies easily. This blush lasts all day easily. The fact that it still looks natural is quite amazing. I wish NARS hadn't made the decision to start testing on animals recently because it makes it difficult for me to want to keep purchasing from them when they do so. My more detailed review is below.