2.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I think this has been reformulated and definitely undergone a packaging improvement. The first time I bought this was from TJ Maxx and the applicator and brush were horrendous. The brush was awful and the powder leaked all the time. I had to transfer it to an empty finishing powder container with a sifter top and carry around a separate brush. The powder would also sting a bit if I started to sweat and left a really heavy white caste on the face. I tried this again at Sephora recently after noticing that the tester brush applicator looked slightly different than the one I had bought previously. I have persistent melasma on my cheeks and forehead from my last pregnancy that's improved quite a lot but requires me to be pretty diligent with sunscreen. Using this for a finishing powder would save me a lot of hassle for reapplication during the day and give me added protection. This time around the brush is much softer and applies well and the formula doesn't sting when I sweat. I didn't have to transfer this to another container so this is portable and convenient. This sets makeup well as a finishing powder and doesn't make me look like a ghost. I think its overpriced but this is a far better product than the one I tried a couple of years ago. *update* I've been using this daily for a month and have zero complaints. Even though sometimes it seems like there's not much on the brush it somehow dispenses just the right amount to set my makeup or touch up. It's comfortable on and leaves no white caste at all. I wouldn't use it as a primary sunscreen but as a touch up for added protection over makeup this works great because let's get real unless you're at the beach or maybe an outdoor sporting event, few people are willing to ruin their makeup to apply liquid sunscreen every couple of hours.

About reviewer (283 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

from

7 months ago

I bought this in the beginning of summer so that I could reapply sunscreen over makeup but it really didn’t look good. First, it took me forever to realize I had to remove the pin in the middle so powder would come out. As another person said in their review, it settled so weirdly into my skin and made it look like I had white polka dots all over my forehead. It accentuated my pores and lines, and just made my forehead look super textured. This reason alone is enough to make me not repurchase it, but I have to add that the brush sucks as well. It’s too small which makes it annoying to apply and it’s rough on the skin. My skin was a lot oilier when I bought this and it still made me look super dry. Definitely don’t recommend.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

1.0

7 months ago

This packaging is so stupid that i cannot even figure out how it works on my skin. It doesn’t seem like any product is making its way to the brush.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

9 months ago

I think this works pretty good as a touch up for reapplying sunscreen over makeup. I wouldn't suggest wearing this as a primary sunscreen, but I think it helps give extra protection over makeup. It comes in translucent and a few shades. I haven't had any trouble with the packaging. I take the cap off and tap it onto the back of my hand to get it started, then I give a light layer over my foundation . I paid about thirty dollars at Sephora, however when you run out of it you can order a refill online for eighteen dollars. I do wish the brush was little softer as it seems to be rough.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

9 months ago

A good idea, but poor implementation. Either the powder is not coming out or it spills all over. Problems to put it back and recap. Had a similar one from Noon, much better.Don't recommend.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0
from

a year ago

I only got to try this from a sample, but it performed terribly as a setting powder. It settled into my pores immediately so that I could see white polka dots where my pores are. I've never experienced this with any other setting powder. The shade was translucent, but it seemed to leave a white cast on my NC20, oily/combo skin.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

a year ago

Skin type: Very oily, acne prone & sensitive. First of all, this is the first powder that really helps to control my oily skin. The oils on my face reduces by 90%, so it DOES ITS JOB by resisting all of the sweats lol. All the shine is almost gone for the rest of the day & can be reapplied through out the day if you’re outside all the time(SPF). It was crazy because you will be grossed out to see my skin when I call it a day. I couldn’t believe this is a HG for me. I chose it because of it’s ingredient(mineral setting powder with SPF), also convenient to carry & use. However, the cons of the product is the application & price. It is very fun to apply but not when it comes to keeping it in your makeup bag. The powder leaks so the outer product now looks so dirty & old. The price is also a joke considering the amount inside & its impractical container. Overall, I would repurchase it because it is very hard to find powder like this anyway. If I could find something much cheaper & great, I would def skipping this one out.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

a year ago

I purchased this at Blue Mercury when I was in need of sunscreen while on a trip. The colour "deep" is perfect on my skin tone. No ashy or greyness, holds me shine-free for several hours. I am able to reapply it and it does not get cakey or oxidize. I had to return the first one, because there was a problem with the twist mechanism for the brush but the second one works perfectly. I can keep it in my pocket or purse for ease of application which is a bonus. I will probably by a second one to keep at work and keep one at home. This has replaced my LA Girl Pro loose setting powder completely because of application and having the benefit of having an SPF. I am hoping it works as well on my oily t-zone in the summer as it has this winter. It is on the expensive side, but it is the best sunscreen I have found for the price for darker skin.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

Bought this product so I can reapply sunscreen protection over makeup. I’ve found it to be mattifying and works well not to discolor my foundation. I bought this in the medium color. I wear Golden Beige in Bare Minerals, Natural in Bobbi Brown to give you an idea of my foundation shade. I’ve also worn this without makeup underneath and find that this gives a fair amount of coverage. I really like the dispensing mechanism and how the brush can be cleaned and a refill can be purchased. This product delivers on all that it promises and I would definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

High hopes for the convenience, and the extra nice brush that you can remove and wash. But this is heavy, doesn't blend well, and made me itchy. Immediately returned it.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age56 & Over