L'Oreal Colorista Fader Shampoo

L'Oreal Colorista Fader Shampoo

1 review

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is actually really good.

It comes in a tube which i appreciate more than the usual shampoo bottles because you can get even the last tiny but of product left.

The shampoo works fine as a fader. I bought it to fade my green hair (La Riche Directions Alpine Green) and it really works as good as a dish soap. I think it is more effective than the usual clarifying shampoo but i would like to say a few things because i have read many negative reviews for this product:

1. This is a FADER shampoo. NOT a color remover. It WON'T remove ALL of the dye from your hair but it WILL fade it as much as possible.

2. It is NOT a miracle product to turn your hair from dark navy blue to baby blue at once. You need to give it time.

3. Massage your hair with it and LEAVE for 5 minutes and then rinse well with warm water. You will see the color going down the drain. Everytime i wash my hair the water turns pistacchio green but when i use this, it turns blue which means that it actually strips my hair off the semi dye.

I don't know how much it costs around the world but in Greece I bought it for 5 Euros which is a reasonable price so i will definitely buy again because it has already faded my once forest green hair to a light green. Not the most flattering color on my hair right now but it works and i have to fade it more before bleaching.

I forgot to mention that i dyed my roots brown with a permanent box dye and it has faded them a lot to the point that they look almost ginger so I think it might work on permanent dye too. I think it is better to use for semi permanent dyes though.

So... if you want to fade your hair as much as you can before using bleach, then this will do the job. If you want to completely remove your hair color, then i think you should either consider a color remover or bleach because this is not your product.