Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate

3.5

Water,Glycerin,Butylene Glycol,Phenyl Trimethicone,Propanediol,Sucrose,Hydroxyethyl Urea,Alteromonas Ferment Extract,Hydrolyzed Rice Extract,Acetyl glucosamine,Trehalose,Algae Extract,Caffeine,Cholesterol,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water,Sodium Hyaluronate,Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate,Dextrin palmitate,Acrylates Crosspolymer,Sorbitol,Sodium Polyaspartate,Tocopheryl Acetate,Carbomer,Dehydroxanthan gum,Citric Acid,Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate,Benzophenone-4,Pentaerythritol,Sodium Hydroxide,Sodium Citrate,Disodium EDTA,BHT,Chlorphenesin,Phenoxyethanol,CI 14700,CI 19140,Tetra-DI-T-Butyl Hydroxycinnamate

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This one did not work for my skin. I used it as a hyaluronic acid serum (after toner, before oil and moisturiser), and while I do think it did help my skin retain a little more moisture, it did not do too much to hep, and worse, caused me instant breakouts... even on my cheeks where I never break out. Red dry bumps on cheeks and sizable bumpy pimples on forehead... not impressed at all. I do have breakout prone sensitive skin, but a terrible reaction after just one use (& continue over the course of many days), is really troublesome.

For a much much better result, I will return to my Vichy Mineral 89, which I highly recommend.

Just a boring product trying the copy the looks of Chanel’s Micro Serum; which works much better than this one!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Of all the tiny personal achievements of 2017, one is that I finished this dumb bottle of goo. This product is one of those interesting studies of the intersection of perception of price, packaging, desires and likes.

I first received this as a sample and it was in a little sample squeezey tube. I used a healthy squorch of it before my SPF and foundation in the am as the Clinique counter staff said it acts as a moisturizing primer. I liked it well enough and really felt that it made my skin look great so I bought a bottle.

I'm not sure what I thought I was buying, because I had seen ads for this product and should have known it was 39.50 and packaged in a pump bottle - we all have the internet, obviously. If this were $19.50, packaged in a squeeze tube and marketed as a light moisturizer rather than "hydrating! supercharged! concentrate!" I would be all in on a five lipstick rating. This packaging is ugly and cheap and clunky, the kind of thing that only looks good in an ad with gorgeous lighting. To its credit I was able to extract every last drop without resorting to bottle surgery, but it's so unnecessary.

It isn't sticky, it doesn't smell and it does seem to anchor my makeup a little bit, though it's not like it's one of those silicone super glue putty primers. It's really not bad, it's just not worth this price.

One of my favourite moisturizer! Never clogges pores and its just amazing znd hydrating and light. The only con is that the packaging is clear and it feel a little sticky and like (almost urine) on the skin.

This is a nice lightweight moisturizer. I've been using this underneath my heavy cream but over my Retinol Serum. If you have more dry skin you might enjoy using this as a layer in your beauty routine. If you have more oily skin you might enjoy using this alone. I love that it doesn't contain fragrance, too. My only wish was that it contained more beneficial ingredients, and that is why I layer it with products that do contain beneficial ingredients. My more informational and detailed review video is below.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I stumbled onto the brief 25% promotion on Clinique's website this week and I immediately thought, "Gotta get that pink gel." I've been looking for lightweight daytime moisturizing products to follow my toner and essences, and was thrilled to see that this hydrator has a good range of beneficial ingredients, so I've been clocking it for awhile. If you do some research online you'll find that it's not 100% noncomedogenic or all natural -- but it is Clinique, so that's not a huge surprise, and honestly just a little dab'll do ya. Yes, I took a gamble on the full size but in all honesty I was very relieved to find the hydration of this concentration to be very long lasting and gentle without causing greasiness or interfering with makeup application. Everyone's skin is different, but after struggling with and finally resolving two years of cystic acne (conclusion: pH is everything!), I felt this performed well and did not irritate my skin. It's a good size and since I use such a small amount, I'm not too worried about believing that this will last long enough until the next discount promotion, but that's because I'm cheap, not because I don't think it's worth it.

I received a large sample size of this product and just finished it after a couple weeks of use. I am very acne-prone and unlike others who reviewed this and had breakouts, I did not! I enjoyed using it underneath my moisturizer, as a light moisturizer and even on my feet for my terribly cracked heels. I patted it under my eyes as an eye 'cream' too. I will repurchase the full size once I run out of my other HA serums.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Non-acnegenic? Not so much. Sure, this moisturizes well, but any claims that this won't cause breakouts are patently false. I've attempted to use my sample of this three times, and each time, it made me break out. My skin is acne-prone to begin with, but it really only flares up if I use products that promote acne. This was the only change in my skincare regimen, and as soon as I stopped using it, my acne subsided. As a test, I brought it back into my skincare routine and sure enough, breakout city. Eliminated it again, breakouts ceased. For good measure, I tested it a third time, yielding the same results.
I received mine as a sample, but I certainly won't repurchase. I'll stick to my Andalou Daily Defense, which is my holy grail day cream, and my Sukin night cream. Those do wonders for my skin and give me the creamy, dewy complexion that I love without making me look like an Italian entree.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This latest addition to the Clinique Moisture Surge family is ALMOST but not quite a winner. Why it is not exactly a champion for me, I'll explain in a moment. Let's first have a look at the good sides: first the packaging, ALELLUYAH! Finally a product in a hygienic pump, no idiotic pipettes. Elegant looking, quite a large bottle, it could have been glass, but oh well, at least there is a pump. Also the price, I don't know why, I was expecting this to be priced at £50 price bracket (am I shopping too much at Space NK?) and instead it was a pleasant surprise at £34. However, it seems to be going down fast but at least it is 50 ml. Little beads in the gel contain vitamins E & C and there is no alcohol or fragrance.

Let's move to the downsides. It is surprisingly rich for what it is. This product will be my HG during colder months but in the Scottish summer, not exactly hot but warm enough, humid and cloying it can be a bit heavy. I have stopped putting anything on top and use it around the eyes and neck as well. I was not expecting such richness at all when I bought it to help my normal but dehydrated skin. It sinks right in but I need to top it up with a more cushiony moisturiser sometimes which turned out not to be a good idea but it works well with my face oil. It works well with my sunscreen as well.

Unfortunately when combined with my usual moisturiser (The Body Shop Nutriganics) after a week of such dual everyday use I have now a large spot in the middle of my forehead and another one brewing on my cheek! I'm pretty sure it is down to this product as it is the only new thing I have introduced in my routine. I tried to use it without TBS cream (which has shea butter which some skins find spot inducing, my dry skin just laps it up!) and the spots did not disappear, actually this second one on my cheek just turned up! But I'll be using it and let's see if it is a culprit. Unless of course all these spots are because of stress...

I love the Moisture surge gel in yar but this serum is far to much for me. My skin broke out with cystic acne and whiteheads. In my opinion it is a serum for dry skin not for all skin types. It hydrates very well. But it gave me the same reaction as the one for dry skin, the fortifying hydrator. That one was also too heavy for my skin.
The price is good and the package is very nice and handy.