Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

3.5

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 12/22/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really enjoyed this foundation and was happy about buying it, since it was under £6 and arrived early(I got mine from cultbeauty). The shade I got was 2.1Y which I was on the fence about as at the moment, my skin tone is quite pale opposed to the summer when I get quite tanned. From reviews I watched on YouTube, I thought the shade would be too dark to wear in the autumn and winter but surprisingly it matched quite well and this is one of the foundations that have matched me the best. It’s just the right amount of yellow/warm tone and a bit olive(which I think matches my complexion better than a warmer tone). For my oily skin, it wasn’t the greatest as it did get quite oily quickly and I noticed it transferred very easily. However, my friend complemented me and told me my face looked very Dewey, rather than greasy, as if I made it Dewey on purpose which I was rather happy about.

I have acne prone skin with scars so I looked for coverage in this foundation and it definitely did deliver! I was quite happy with the consistency as it wasn’t thick at all, nor too runny so I felt comfortable putting it on. It didn’t break me out and covered up the majority of my dark scars, which I typically use concealer to cover after foundation application.

I mix this in with a paler foundation at the moment as it fits my skin better and since my skin is combination and dry in some areas, it has been helping as my foundation is quite matte. Overall, I recommend it and think everyone should try it, it’s under £10 and worth a try!

on 7/31/2017 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Key points:-
The yellow shades pull VERY yellow. I had a very hard time matching myself to this foundation (I had to buy 3 shades.) I mix a "yellow" and "red" to get my correct undertone (olive-golden).
It oxidizes a bit. So go down if you're in between shades.
It's got solid medium-full coverage but can easily be blended out to a sheer coverage.
It has a demi-matte finish. I find you need to set it with powder.
More coverage and more of a matte finish compared to the serum foundation.
It applies well with brushed, sponges, and fingers.
Has a gorgeous, natural finish.
The packaging isn't great. The pump has that matte texture that gets filthy very quickly.

I really like this foundation. My biggest problem with it are the shades. While they have a good range, the yellow shades are far too yellow and won't suite most people. So if you're buying this (and I would recommend it!), you need to buy on Y and one R. If you have cool toned skin, I imagine the red shades will work just fine. They just really need to tone down the yellow, because it makes me look like I'm headed to the set of the Simpsons.
Aside from the undertone issues, it really is gorgeous. It has a beautiful finish. If you're a fan of a natural, undetectable base, this will work for you, while providing you with flexible coverage. I only use it around the center of my face and blend outwards. I also use it for concealing on most days since it builds up well enough to serve that dual purpose.
I have oily/combination skin and I use a matte primer, set with a loose powder, and use a setting spray (I do this with all foundations though). It lasts well for me. I just blot occasionally throughout the day and I'm good. It doesn't stick to dry patches on me. One thing about Ordinary foundations though, I think your skincare is key. Since they're fairly simple formulas, they won't do the work of hydrating your skin or keeping you matte, that's going to have to come from your skincare/primer. These are mostly just pigment. If you want a formula that will do more, this isn't it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 2.1Y (NC37 for reference)
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- medium coverage
- satin finish
- easy to blend
- does not settle into fine lines

CONS

- rubs off easily
- oily

COMMENTS: Medium coverage with a satin finish. Very easy to blend and does not settle into fine lines. It does however, rub off very easily (especially after blotting) and has this oily consistency upon application. I have to add some loose translucent powder with this or it won't adhere to my skin (especially my nose). The consistency is quite slippery, which is why blending isn't an issue whatsoever. As long as I don't touch my face, it stays on just fine. It still looks pretty decent at the end of a long day or being outdoors in warm weather, which is good. I like it, but not enough to buy it again.

Will not repurchase.

on 6/27/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hmmm I am a NC42. I got the 2.0Y and find it pulls very very yellow. I like everything but that too yellow tint. Normally I can use a yellow foundation but this is extremely yellow. So beware!

Video Reviews & Tutorials