Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

3.5

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 7/31/2017 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Key points:-
The yellow shades pull VERY yellow. I had a very hard time matching myself to this foundation (I had to buy 3 shades.) I mix a "yellow" and "red" to get my correct undertone (olive-golden).
It oxidizes a bit. So go down if you're in between shades.
It's got solid medium-full coverage but can easily be blended out to a sheer coverage.
It has a demi-matte finish. I find you need to set it with powder.
More coverage and more of a matte finish compared to the serum foundation.
It applies well with brushed, sponges, and fingers.
Has a gorgeous, natural finish.
The packaging isn't great. The pump has that matte texture that gets filthy very quickly.

I really like this foundation. My biggest problem with it are the shades. While they have a good range, the yellow shades are far too yellow and won't suite most people. So if you're buying this (and I would recommend it!), you need to buy on Y and one R. If you have cool toned skin, I imagine the red shades will work just fine. They just really need to tone down the yellow, because it makes me look like I'm headed to the set of the Simpsons.
Aside from the undertone issues, it really is gorgeous. It has a beautiful finish. If you're a fan of a natural, undetectable base, this will work for you, while providing you with flexible coverage. I only use it around the center of my face and blend outwards. I also use it for concealing on most days since it builds up well enough to serve that dual purpose.
I have oily/combination skin and I use a matte primer, set with a loose powder, and use a setting spray (I do this with all foundations though). It lasts well for me. I just blot occasionally throughout the day and I'm good. It doesn't stick to dry patches on me. One thing about Ordinary foundations though, I think your skincare is key. Since they're fairly simple formulas, they won't do the work of hydrating your skin or keeping you matte, that's going to have to come from your skincare/primer. These are mostly just pigment. If you want a formula that will do more, this isn't it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 2.1Y (NC37 for reference)
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- medium coverage
- satin finish
- easy to blend
- does not settle into fine lines

CONS

- rubs off easily
- oily

COMMENTS: Medium coverage with a satin finish. Very easy to blend and does not settle into fine lines. It does however, rub off very easily (especially after blotting) and has this oily consistency upon application. I have to add some loose translucent powder with this or it won't adhere to my skin (especially my nose). The consistency is quite slippery, which is why blending isn't an issue whatsoever. As long as I don't touch my face, it stays on just fine. It still looks pretty decent at the end of a long day or being outdoors in warm weather, which is good. I like it, but not enough to buy it again.

Will not repurchase.

on 6/27/2017 2:17:00 AM

Hmmm I am a NC42. I got the 2.0Y and find it pulls very very yellow. I like everything but that too yellow tint. Normally I can use a yellow foundation but this is extremely yellow. So beware!

on 5/27/2017 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Only recieved this today after a 1 month wait. Have wore it for most of today and so far I am really pleased. I have shade 2.1Y which is a tad dark but once I get a little more tanned it will be perfect, would say similar shade to NC35. Wears well, I have combination skin and this is holding up fine. Gives a lovely light sheen to the skin and coverage is pretty good. I only put a thin layer on and it has evened out my skintone well.