Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

3.0

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 9/11/2017 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is amazing for the price, I can't believe it. I wouldn't say it's full coverage, but it does build nicely.

I am about nc10-15 and tried 1.0N and did not like it (it was too neutral/pink for me and oxidized. I decided to give this foundation another try, as I was in a Deciem store and could swatch and try them in person. I got 1.1N (perfect for NC15) and 1.2Y which works for me with a light tan, even more yellow toned and perfect.

The packaging is nice and lightweight, nothing fancy but effective, although the pump area can get messy and grubby since it's a black matte texture.

I'd say try it, it's so cheap and really nice, if it doesn't work for you it's really no lose. I have dry-normal skin and it sat nicely. I set the foundation with Laura mercier loose setting powder with a wet beauty blender sponge and got very nice looking skin.

on 9/6/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The price is good and the packaging is great. This foundation is just so-so. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's great for a light makeup day or quick application. It has great coverage but makes my skin look meh and flat. I don't notice any youthfulness or plumpness after applying, which I get with my other foundations. It doesn't stay on my face as long either. I don't have to use a setting powder with this foundation because it seems to dry down a bit. I appreciate that aspect because powders tend to bring out my skin texture. The colors are slightly off. There isn't a good shade for neutral tones. I found they are very yellow or pink. My perfect match is Nars Gobi (NC15) so I purchased 1.1N. It is a bit too light so I think 1.2N is better. I like how thin the formula is while still giving coverage. It doesn't accentuate my skin texture or pores. I will continue to use it, but not sure I will purchase more.

on 8/25/2017 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the 1.0 NS with the silver highlights. It didn't work as a foundation itself for me as I have a lot of redness to cover but it is AMAZING to mix with my UD Naked Skin foundation. It adds this perfect subtle highlight and lightens my foundation to the prefect shade. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this as a foundation additive, just a couple drops and boom gorgeous finish.

on 6/26/2017 5:24:00 PM

It makes me wonder if YouTube beauty gurus are paid to sell a product. I have tried to wear this foundation and every time I am disappointed. it transfers, it becomes patchy and it does not last more than a couple of hours. It looks horrendous on skin. Just a horrible foundation. This is the worst foundation I have ever tried. Regardless of its price I would still expect a semi decent foundation. Nope it is not decent at all. It's not even comparable to our "drug store" brands (us Australians don't use that terminology). It is not worth the price eventhough the price is cheap, that's how bad this stuff is.

Edit: ok girls and guys I tried a different approach for application. I used a silicone based primer I then used my real techniques brush to blend this product out instead of my beauty blender, I then used my Estee Lauder double wear powder on top of it. By doing this the foundation has lasted all day with out it breaking up or disappearing! Infact it looks lovely. It's not a foundation that you can't wear it on its own I believe the Estee Lauder dw powder is what changed this foundation into a wearable and actually decent foundation. For this reason I changed my vote from a 1 to a 3.

on 5/30/2017 8:57:00 AM

Well it's about as good as a foundation as one would expect from something so cheap.
I got the lightest neutral shade for my NW15 complexion. and while it look really white upon application, it did oxidize to a shade that matched me well.
I applied over my moisturizer with a damp BB, and I liked it initially. It covered well I think (but I don't really have much to cover, just redness), and it had a satin finish that looked pretty. The problem came later on, about 4-5 hours in, when I realized it somehow had vanished from my cheeks so that some of the redness showed through. I hadn't touched my face or anything, so it just kind of vanished on its own. It also started looking a bit grainy, like it had sank into pores (but didn't look TOO disgusting, like some other foundations tend to do).
It didn't irritate my face or anything, and I can't say if it breaks me out because I only wore it once.

I think I will keep using it when I run errands but I don't need it to last for a long time, it's not a bad product at all, but it doesn't compare to my go-to foundations (Smashbox and ELDWL).

The price is really good, cheaper than d/s foundations, but I wouldn't rebuy.

I thought that I was so lucky to purchase Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation before they were sold out.

I purchased three shades, 1.0P, 1.1P and 2.1 P. All are suppose to be for fair skin with pink undertones. They took ages to get here to Australia but they finally arrived and I have been playing with them for about two weeks now. Comes in a pump bottle and one pump is enough to cover your whole face and neck.

1.0P and 1.1P are very light but 2.1P came out mustard yellow. If you mix in the lighter shades, it does make it wearable but on its own it is not for fair skin.

All I can say is BIG disappointment. This is suppose to be their full coverage foundation as opposed to their serum which provides light coverage. This foundation didn't even cover my redness after two applications. I tried, blending with my fingers, brush and blender and all ended up with the same result, very poor coverage.

Within an hour the foundation was wearing away on the high points of my face, forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. My face looked like I had patches of foundation showing through my real skin, my skin felt dry, red and splotchy but looked oily and shiny. It is very cold here in Australia, heading into winter so I can't even blame it on hot weather, making my foundation slide.

I used The Ordinary Primer and my usual Kat Von D primer and neither helped this foundation to stay put. My skin looked red and my nose shiny, which considering I have very dry skin and haven't suffered from oiliness in over 30 years is a feat in its self. This foundation just doesn't last, even with a good dusting of finishing powder and setting spray.

I applied the darker 2.1P foundation which was very yellow and then applied the lighter 1.0P over the top for a fuller, lighter shade coverage that matched my skintone but nothing I did could save this foundation from a negative review.

It showed every flaw, pore and wrinkle to spectacular effect and is not worth the money spent. It may be a cheap foundation ($13 in Australia) but I have had cheaper foundations work much better.

After being very impressed with their skincare range their foundation is a huge letdown.

As for the YouTube Gurus who give this product a thumbs up review, they are all #influencersforprofit and I would take everything they say with a grain of salt, it's all part of their pay check. I only ever use YouTube to try and colour match skin tones, I will use my own brain to make up my mind if a product is good or not. The best places for honest reviews is right here at MakeupAlley and go by what the majority say as it is always suspicious when one or two positives out of a whole bunch of negatives say it's great, that's usually the company trying to even the score. Instead of letting the people speak they should be spending their time improving their shabby product.