Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

3.3

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 8/19/2018 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I read all the reviews and was excited about this product, I ordered 1.2N and when it came I have to say that it was a fantastic colour match for my skin, I used my porefessional primer and put on my foundation, it went on easy, blended well and looked good. After about 3-4 hours I checked it and it had separated slightly so I decided to wash it off, took ages to wash off and had to cleanse twice.
Today I used my Smashbox Primer and out the foundation on, it was harder to blend today and after an hour of wearing my glasses it had all separated on my nose and I was left with horrible looking make up.

Tomorrow I'll try it without any primer and see how it looks but if it separates again then it will be a bummer.

on 6/22/2018 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I guess that the problem with this product is the misleading name. You think it is something like EL Double Wear, something longlasting, mattifying and with lots of coverage. Instead I would compare it more to a nourishing, natural looking foundation with medium coverage and decently long lasting.

I have been experimenting with foundations lately because I'm getting older and I have the impression that not matter how good, every foundation will highlight my skin texture with pores and lines. I have always preferred the matte finish to the dewy because I have an oily T-zone but now it is starting to make me look caked up. This is when I started testing all the "nude" and "naked" textures, starting with EL Double Wear Nude in Ecru, to Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in 12 and Les Beiges in 10, to UD Naked in 2.0, 2.5 and 1.5. The Chanel were the worse - Velvet was like applying sandpaper on my skin and the Beiges was just too watered down, no coverage whatsoever and gone by midday. Also, the shade range is very poor because it only caters for yellow toned skin and both contain alcohol. The ED and UD were much better in terms of shades, consistency and natural, luminos look, but coverage and lasting power were not really satisfying, or at least not so much to stray from my current favourites, MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Foundation in NW20 - the one in the tube, Clarins Extra Comfort in 105 (for days when my skin is dry) and EL Double Wear in Ecru, for days when my skin is particularly oily and using only a bit and with lots of buffing.

I have bought this foundation online because I needed to spend a bit more in order to get free shipment, and I was prepared to be very disappointed because some vloggers had scathing reviews for this foundation. So imagine the pleasure when I opened the package, saw the little pump bottle, tried a drop on the back of my hand, decided that it felt quite good and the colour seemed to be perfect. On my face it went like a dream. It is quite liquid and viscous so I didn't apply much because it didn't dry fast and it seemed highly pigmented, I started instead with some little dots and worked through my face, using my fingers only and adding some layers where I thought I needed. I finished with some powder only on my T-zone because I liked the skin like texture (yay!!!) and because the first time I try a foundation I don't want to use any helpers to see how it performs on its own.

So, this is my verdict:
This is a beautiful foundation if you find the right shade, have a normal to combination or slightly dry skin, don't need too much coverage but prefer the natural look. In this case this is as good, or even better, than some high-end foundations I have been trying lately.
Although the consistency is quite liquid, it feels very creamy, almost emollient like a BB cream and it is very easy to apply with fingers first and to buff into my skin with a brush, also because it doesn't dry very fast, it actually takes some time. On the more oily areas it behaves like my other long-lasting foundations: it starts melting after 4 hours but nothing some blotting or few touch ups couldn't fix.
What I really like is that my face looks radiant and this is something that I have missed from the other high-end foundations. It just has that luminosity that at my age is an important factor.

The most important advice I can give are: don't plaster your face with it at once but start with just a little and build up where you think you need, using only your fingers, like if you were applying a BB cream or moisturizer, and buff with a brush at the end. And give it the time to settle and dry. Also, don't apply it on a skin that is already overloaded with mousturizer, sunscreen and primer. It is just too much for any skin and this will only exacerbate the problems that you are trying to cover up.

One problem could be finding the right shade as in the medium and deep section they seem to be very very yellow toned. I have 1.0N and it looks perfect for my winter NW18/20 complexion. I guess I could also wear 1.0P and everything in the 1 to 1.1 range but anything above could turn too yellow/orange on my neutral skin.
Although I have many different expensive foundations I have been enjoying using this a lot more lately. Probably in summer it won't work because it is too emollient and I probably won't be able to find the right shade, but for my winter skin this is great.

on 1/16/2018 10:15:00 AM

Affordable with nice packaging but I do not consider this a quality product. Does not apply well, sits on skin and does not blend, and then it goes flakey throughout the day.

on 11/15/2017 4:32:00 AM

I have 1.2Y and it's the perfect shade for me. It's been hard to find a shade that is both light and yellow at the same time. Everything always comes up pink on me. Revlon's Superstay in Buff is called yellow-based but it's pink af on my face.

I use only a little bit, less than one pump all over the face, blending with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush to really work it into the skin. Then I set the middle of my face with a little bit of loose powder. I do have oily skin but if I set this foundation with matte powder in winter, I find my skin gets dehydrated after a couple of hours. That's not a good look. We'll see about other seasons. I have worn it without any powder and it's fine, but toes the line between glowy and greasy.

I find that this foundation does not break apart on the skin or settle into lines. I don't use primer. But this is winter so my face isn't as melty as usual.

The coverage is great, but I'm not sure how well this would work for piling on thick. I suspect that, like all other foundations, it wouldn't perform as well as a thin layer. It also does not look good -- like every other foundation -- on peeling or flakey skin.

I don't know what else to say. This is a high quality no-nonsense product. The light yellow 1.2 really, actually, truly is yellow, and light, but not super pale. It costs nothing, it performs well unless your skin is angry and irritated. In that regard it isn't different from anything else. Except it's cheaper and better than most.

A+ from me.

I was very dissapointed with this,but since it was so cheap didnt think twice when buying it. Im a shade nc25 in mac for reference and summer shade nc 30 and higher. I bought this in shade Y 2.0 and epected it to match me perfectly. It doesnt really but i make it work with powders and etc. When applied it looks grayish and that just pisses me off. Im yellow toned, expected it to be something else,and then after sometime it oxidized it lookes Orange. The darker tone i bought i cant even use. I bought the y2.01 and omg its like im from another planet. That could be used for contouring almost i swear. Once applied the foundation doesnt set,i set it with powder. Will still use it,since it was that cheap but will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was surprised how similar this foundation is to Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation. I have extremely dry skin, so both do initially feel quite drying as they settle. This foundation did feel fine though, getting a little dry toward the end of the day (happens with every foundation for me) I'd say it felt better than double wear. It's still not perfect for my skin type but none are so this was a pleasant surprise that it is only £5 and fared better than Estee Lauders which is way more expensive! I find the packaging really cute, I like the simplicity and although plastic can feel a little cheap, it makes it easier for traveling. And I love a pump! I apply all foundations with a damp real techniques sponge as it's best with my skin, the coverage with this is probably light-medium, but buildable. Overall, I'm impressed, especially for the price.

I have such a love hate relationship with this foundation. I'm currently on the quest for the right foundation for me, because my skin in a nutshell is:
- Dry
- Very fair with cooler undertones
- Susceptible to rosacea

I got the colour 1.0 NS and it's a perfect match for me and so beautiful. The price is right too. Upon first application, at the end of the day on top of a bit of concealer, this looked so ugly and dry. After some experimentation, I discovered that this is best worn without primer on moisturised skin. This foundation never really sets, but does have good buildable coverage. I prefer my coverage to be light-medium, and you can achieve it with one pump of this foundation, but full coverage can be attained without cakiness, so that's an A+ right there. But now the formula; it never really sets, and will slip off quickly if you do not set this with powder. Be light handed with powder as if you apply too much, it will coagulate because the foundation stays wet, so a C- there. After setting with powder, a setting spray helps melt this into the skin, and it looks natural but really pretty. I live in Australia so it's really hard to get a hold of cheap drugstore foundations. This is definitely the cheapest one I've ever found (at $12 AUD a bottle) and I think it does a good job for the price. The price is definitely right on this one. Though you do have to go to some extra steps to get a good result, it ultimately is a great option for people on tight budgets and gets the job done well and you can rely on it if you need a good go-to foundation.

on 9/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm a hard sell when it comes to foundations. I have light-medium, acne prone skin, with neutral undertones, and finding a workable color, texture and finish is a major pain (I'm sure they hate me at Sephora). In my opinion, this matches the quality of the expensive brands. I purchased 2.0 N, and the color is perfect. It applied easily, with medium coverage and a natural-looking finish. My skin looks a bit candle-lit. If you find that this foundation makes your skin look dull, the color is probably a shade too dark for you. If I find that it doesn't last the day, or creates any other problem, I will update this post, but for now, I'm really happy with this.
UPDATE: I have used this multiple times now, and I still give it 5 stars. For those who complain that it's watery, you have to shake the bottle before dispensing. This imparts a wonderful finish to my skin and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day (I use oil at least once a day, so my skin doesn't need to produce more oil on its own). I find that it applies better and lasts longer on my skin if I stipple it on with a thick brush (ELF has a great one with white bristles) rather than a beauty blender, which just waters it down and makes it disappear before the end of the day.

I ordered this foundation because I was really intrigued by the inexpensive pricing and the decent reviews that I had found on it. I found this foundation to be pretty disappointing. When I first applied the foundation it went on really well, felt super lightweight, had decent coverage, and a natural finish. The first couple of hours it stayed looking really good but then after about 4-5 hours my t-zone was very oily (naturally a little oily in the t-zone) and the foundation started to bunch up around the sides of my nose and on my chin. I blotted with a blotting paper and it seemed to help for the rest of the day but it was still bunched up leaving a not so good look. I have other foundations that last much longer than this one, wouldn't recommend.

on 7/31/2017 10:49:00 PM

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It fit my fair skin 1000% and I got many compliments.
Usually foundation creases in my laugh lines pretty quick but this never did. The people who are giving it poor reviews must be confusing this with something else because it's perfect. Maybe it's only good for super super fair people?