Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

4.5

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I own this foundation in 3 shades-1.2Y, 1.2YG, 2.0YG, 2.1P and 2.1Y. All 5 have yellow undertones to them, with the1.2 YG and 2.0YG shades having the most yellow to them, due to them having added gold accents to them And, out of the 4 colors mentioned, the only ones that stay true to color are 1.2Y, 1.2YG, and 2.0YG, and 2.0YG, while 2.1P and 2.1Y definitely oxidize for sure. I initially started with 2.1P, and even went on to order 2.1Y, however, due to neither of them being perfect matches for my medium skintone, due to how much they ended up oxidizing on me, I had to find much lighter shades to mix them with, which is how I ended up buying 1.2Y, 1.2YG and 2.0YG. Unfortunately, if you have a true medium toned complexion like I do, neither the 2.1P or 2.1Y, are truly suitable for anyone who is not super tan in complexion (which I am not). Because both 2.1P and 2.1Y both happen to come off much more yellow and quite darker in tone than what is shown on the Internet of both of these shades.

Shades 2.1P gives off a very yellowish, very brown look to my face that does pull orange in undertone quickly after application. and 2.1Y, gives off a very yellow, very tanned look, to my face, that pulls even more orange in tone quickly after application than 2.1P does! I have an undertone that sometimes pulls more pink, while sometimes my skin's undertone appears more peachy. Which is why, when it comes to buying foundations online, it is always such a really hard task. Within The Ordinary's Medium category of shades, it's unfortunate that there's only 2 shades offered. Because for a lot of people that have medium complexions, these two shades definitely will not be a perfect match for you at all!

The opening to the pumps on The Ordinary foundations stay with foundation on them. It's hard to avoid this due, to the way that the foundation comes out. So, that is definitely something to be aware of, which is why, I keep all of The Ordinary foundations that I have within the individual boxes that they came in.

Now, I have never had to have to wait a long time to get any of The Ordinary foundations that I have ordered at all, which was a great thing. There are currently 21 shades offered, however, please be aware, that finding a complete shade match may be impossible for quite a number of people, so having to mix more than one foundation shade to get ones perfect match is something that I can see many people having to do, just like me. Also, please be aware of the oxidation situation that is common to quite a lot of The Ordinary's Foundations.

Right off the bat, The Ordinary's Coverage foundation doesn't provide full coverage upon initial application. However, it can be built up to ones desired level of coverage, even full coverage. I have only tried this foundation with a foundation brush and not a beauty blender (or one of its dupes), a cosmetic wedge, or my fingers. With a brush, you can get fuller coverage, than if one were to use their fingers or a beauty blender instead. Oh and even though the Coverage version is supposed to give more coverage than the Serum version, I don't notice a huge difference between the two coverage wise at all.

When it comes to my skin, I have sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin. Plus, I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face as well. I can say that that the use of a setting powder over this foundation is necessary. As, this foundation does not dry down to a matte finish, but instead has a finish that borders somewhat on being dewy, yet still looks natural. However, unfortunately, this foundation will transfer if not set well with powder, no matter your skintype.

The Ordinary Foundations have absolutely no scent to them at all. Also, I do not experience any really noticeable issues with them creasing or caking on me, however this may largely be due to my setting the foundation very well. And, I have not experienced any issues with this foundation causing lots of acne breakouts to erupt on my face at all, even though I have tried a lot of foundations have caused me to breakout constantly.

The Ordinary Foundations have become my go to foundations. As, I switch back and forth between the Full Coverage version and the Serum version, based upon my personal preference for the day or night. I think that any skintype can wear this foundation. Of course with any foundation, you have to set it well (with my powder of choice being the Ben Nye Banana Powder), for it to wear for a very long-time on the face, and for it to stay completely out and not transfer. If you happen to have oily or very oily skin, you will need to touch up with powder, or use an oil blotting sheet or sheets throughout the day, in order to keep your face as matte as possible for a very long time, until you take this foundation off. Because of my dry skintype, I set this foundation very well, and I don't find myself having to do any re-touches with powder throughout the day at all.

Personally, I plan to continue buying the Ordinary's foundations, because they happen to work well for me, I can adjust the shades to my personal liking on a daily basis, and due to their being very expensive, i can order several at one time, and still end up paying a very reasonable price overall. Personally, I would certainly recommend anyone giving this foundation a try, whether you are a teenager that's new to makeup, or a female that is of adult age as well. And, if you end up not liking it, you can always return it.

I did buy this foundation from off of the Deciem website. The foundation currently retails for $6.90 U.S. dollars. So, even though this foundation may be inexpensive, I do consider it to be of great quality!

on 8/21/2017 4:29:00 AM

Overall this is the best foudation i found in 2017. I tried Two faced Born This Way and Estee Lauder Double Wear. All are full coverage foundation leave my skin so heavy and cakey. Deciem the ordinary is so lightweight full coverage and natural. Best price too. Highly recommend.

on 7/5/2017 12:29:00 AM

I have combination, acne-prone, sensitive skin with minor wrinkles under my eyes. I was using Revlon Colorstay and wanted to try something with "healthier" ingredients and a better color match.

After putting it on with my fingers, I noticed this foundation clung to my dry patches on my cheeks and forehead. It also settled into my fine lines under the eyes. I loved the color match though as it has many shades for medium yellow undertones. It also gives a medium coverage with one layer...I did not put more layers on.

4 hours later, my T-zone had completely gotten oily and there was no foundation on it. As great as the pricing and packaging was, I will not be repurchasing as I need a long-wearing foundation.

on 5/27/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I received this product after about two months (7 weeks and a few more days) of wait and I am very happy about it. I purchased 1.1N (I am NC15 in MAC mineralize moisture foundation) and it turned out to look like it's 2 shades too light on the back of my hand. It is alright after I blend it out on my face but STILL a tiny bit too light.
I might have tanned a little bit over the last few days because according to Wayne Goss 1.1N is similar to NC15, so anyone out there who's about to order, you might want to order just a shade darker.

First off I have normal-combination skin, occasionally dry cheeks when I put too much powder on my face, so I tend to only apply a thin layer. I applied this foundation at 11am and it still looked fresh after 9 hours of wear. I tried blending it with fingers, blush, sponge, and I couldn't see big differences in the finish or coverage. It is not as spreadable as I imagined it would be, but the consistency is still very easy to work with. It sets in quickly and has semi-matte finish.

In terms of coverage, it was able to cover my dark circles pretty well with just one layer; I did not need extra concealer for my scar marks as it already made it way less noticeable. But I never liked concealing everything on my face (including scars) anyway, so I understand that some people may think that the coverage is not enough. My scars were still visible when I looked closely but the redness did not show anymore and I consider this medium coverage. Building up is also an option thus full coverage can be achieved.
It looked natural on my skin but still a bit makeup-ish and I personally love this finish. This finish reminds me of Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.

It did not have a smell, at least I did not notice any. The pump has a smart design; you can swist it to the right and lock it to prevent leakage, and only swirl to the left when you need to use. I saw some people complain that it is not an airtight design but I think it is...?
It has not yet break me out so far, so I'd say it is a very good foundation, and with this price I would definitely repurchase.

I would update if it ever breaks me out or if I notice anything worth knowing.

Edit: after a few more wearing (longer than 9 hours) I notice that it indeed does not have oil control property. It is now summer in the UK and I tend to have oilier skin during summer so this may be why I did not have a problem with oil before but only now. After 6 hours I notice that the satin finish is gone and my face is more shiny, however when I compare this to "oily" to my boyfriend, he said my skin looked healthy and radiant rather than oily that he actually liked it better. He commented that my skin looked a bit dry after 1 or 2 hours of wear (to me it was just satin finish) so there seems to be a drastic difference in terms of the lasting power of this foundation depending on skin type. I did not use powder to set my makeup that day just to see how good it lasts on it's own. I noticed that it settled into my smile lines a bit after 2 hours of wear which I did not notice before. I used Benefit that gal primer(brightening) and moisturized my face with cream but not a moisturizing serum and the satin finish was lovely and lasted for two or three hours, so the short lasting power probably was not because of the layers underneath but the choice of primer could make a difference. I will also try setting it with powder and see how it goes. Will update if I find anything useful because this foundation really is lovely.

Edit 2: setting with powder help a bit, mixing it with powder helped loads but also made it very sticky and way less spreadable but still won't be enough to hold the oil... I have so far found no way to work around with it without taking away the beautiful finish and texture. In conclusion this is not a long lasting foundation, it never claimed to have oil control ability so if you're only wearing makeup for a few hours or wouldn't mind blotting throughout the day, this is absolutely perfect for you. Probably not for me because i do not like having to touch up all the time