Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.6

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 5/2/2018 11:11:00 PM

I love the ordinary line....and i have purchased many items over and over again from it...however, this foundation isn't one of them. Granted, I have about 4 different shade in this foundation when i first wanted to try it out but i wouldn't be buying it again.

I like the fact that this foundation has a very broad shade line and is extremely inexpensive. It's a very thin foundation. Spreads easily on the skin and gives decent coverage. However, this foundation cakes up very badly around the nose area or anywhere that has creasing. Keep in mind i have dry / combo skin.

My gripe with this foundation (well 2) is 1) this foundation doesn't set. it stays wet the entire time and even with powder, it still transfers extremely easily.

2) This also broke me out like crazy... in cystic acne as well as under the skin bumps which never come to a head. They are painful and take weeks to go away.

on 4/24/2018 1:17:00 AM

I bought 2 bottles of the coverage and 2 of the serum (in N 1.0 and N 1.1). This is a bit better than the serum foundation in that it did not feel like a mask on my skin. However, it moved after 2 hours, when other foundations I've used do not budge for 6+ hours. Also, it emphasized lines under my eyes. Would not recommend.

I hate this foundation.
It sits on my skin, and it looks weird after 2 hours.
Would not repurchase.

on 3/17/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love the packaging. Finish is nice.

Not really "full" coverage, more of a medium coverage. Has a weird smell. Transfer easily and do not stay for long.

Not really suitable for oily skin as my face gets really oily after a few hours.

on 12/22/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really enjoyed this foundation and was happy about buying it, since it was under £6 and arrived early(I got mine from cultbeauty). The shade I got was 2.1Y which I was on the fence about as at the moment, my skin tone is quite pale opposed to the summer when I get quite tanned. From reviews I watched on YouTube, I thought the shade would be too dark to wear in the autumn and winter but surprisingly it matched quite well and this is one of the foundations that have matched me the best. It’s just the right amount of yellow/warm tone and a bit olive(which I think matches my complexion better than a warmer tone). For my oily skin, it wasn’t the greatest as it did get quite oily quickly and I noticed it transferred very easily. However, my friend complemented me and told me my face looked very Dewey, rather than greasy, as if I made it Dewey on purpose which I was rather happy about.

I have acne prone skin with scars so I looked for coverage in this foundation and it definitely did deliver! I was quite happy with the consistency as it wasn’t thick at all, nor too runny so I felt comfortable putting it on. It didn’t break me out and covered up the majority of my dark scars, which I typically use concealer to cover after foundation application.

I mix this in with a paler foundation at the moment as it fits my skin better and since my skin is combination and dry in some areas, it has been helping as my foundation is quite matte. Overall, I recommend it and think everyone should try it, it’s under £10 and worth a try!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Truly awful foundation which never quite sets (despite generous application of translucent powder)... and left my normal/slightly combo skin looking greasy within an hour of application. (I caught a glance of my reflection in the office elevator and almost gasped audibly).

I tried this with a number of mattifying primers ....but nothing stopped it from sliding down my face. Trust me...this is one foundation you do not want to wear to a soirée...for fear of leaving traces on the cheeks and couture of your fellow revellers. Air Kissing from a safe distance is the way to go if you do!

For shade ref 2.1y = NC42

on 12/6/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to like this product. Honestly though, it wasn't terrible. It has a great range of shades and I was able to find a suitable one without ever trying it in person & just navigating through the shades on The Ordinary website. It's also very affordable. But I've tried better. This sorta oxidised on my skin (maybe I should've gotten a shade lighter, but the same tone) over time, didn't last very long on oilier areas of my face and most of all, wears terribly under sunscreen which is a big no for me. I know it has SPF15, but I've been trying to be diligent with sunscreen because I'm trying to quicken the fading time of my hyperpigmentation marks. This foundation got very cakey when worn over sunscreen. After that I only used this at night but I never ever go out at night anyway, and when I do I've already been out during the day so I would've applied the foundation in the morning so I still would've used sunscreen underneath. I ended up giving this away to my sister (whom I've been estranged with over the last year lol family issues - given to her via my mum) and that's how much I didn't need this foundation in my life. It's an okay foundation, but not the best. If you don't wear sunscreen underneath makeup and your skin isn't too oily, it could be alright for you though.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this because of all of the wonderful reviews I've seen on You Tube. Great coverage and low cost, they said.

Pros: The price point is wonderful. Under $7 for a 1 oz bottle is great (plus shipping, of course). The packaging is great. It's a plastic bottle, but it has a good pump on it. It's not fancy, but it's practical. The color range is fabulous. I love how they have warm, cool, and neutral. (I ended up settling on a 1.1N. I am fair (although more so in winter) and pull neither yellow nor pink.)

Cons: I usually use two products in the morning: A moisturizer and my foundation. I use Kat Von D's Tattoo Foundation, and get great coverage with not a lot of product. With The Ordinary, I end up using FOUR products: Moisturizer, primer, a second primer for pores on my oily sections, and the foundation. The foundation doesn't seem to set, either. I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply. It takes forever to apply because it just sits on the skin. I tried using a brush, but because it doesn't set it just streaked everywhere. I also use a lot of product for the same amount of coverage. It leaves me wondering if I would really save money in the long run, because I'd be ripping through bottles of this stuff, where a bottle of KVD lasts me months. It settles in pores, therefore I have to use the primer and a little of The Porefessional in my oily spots. The finish is very matte, which doesn't bode well for my fairly dry skin. KVD is matte, but not THIS matte! (Although I agree with other reviewers, this might be good for oily skin. But beware of the pores!)

IF you need light coverage and have oily skin, this might work for you. Maybe it would set quicker?

THEREFORE, I will not be repurchasing. The application time is the biggest drawback for me, as it doesn't set. It's annoying, frankly. And I just don't think I'd save money in the long run. With shipping I'm paying over $10 a bottle for this, and with KVD I pay $35. I really do think that I go through about three times as much of this.

Bummer. I really wanted to like this.

on 10/30/2017 6:37:00 PM

I am slightly torn on this foundation because of how totally matte it is. I think if you have skin that is either normal, oily or very oily The Ordinary Coverage Foundation could be a good one for you to try. I have very dry skin, and even more so during the cold Minnesota winters. This foundation is just far too matte for me to use, and even with a moisturizing primer underneath.

Perhaps if you have dry skin and aren't looking for a full coverage foundation you could use this foundation by mixing it into a moisturizer and create your own custom tinted moisturizer. This foundation is so highly pigmented that it would work well like this. Perhaps that is what I will do with the remainder of this product. I really appreciate that this is a fragrance free foundation because those can be hard to find.

In my opinion this foundation would work best for a younger person (no fine lines for this to settle into), looking for a very full coverage foundation, who has skin that is very oily.

on 10/8/2017 12:51:00 AM

This pains me, as I LOVE The Ordinary and generally find that they are well worth the hype, but I do not understand the adoration for this foundation. It's even thinner than DoubleWear but in what I would consider an annoying, hard to manage way. Think of spreading water across your skin. Also, there is absolutely no way I would consider this full coverage. Medium, yes. But I have a couple dark spots of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and this barely covered them, let alone my other minor pigmentation issues. I needed quite a bit of concealer. Even with their high adherence silicone primer AND a setting spray, this stuff did NOT set or settle. It felt kind of tacky throughout the day and rubbed off easily, even when blotting. When I buy full coverage, I expect some staying power, too. Giving this a 3/5 because I think the price and formulation are pretty good, and I can see this working for someone with dry, mostly even toned skin.