Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 3/17/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love the packaging. Finish is nice.

Not really "full" coverage, more of a medium coverage. Has a weird smell. Transfer easily and do not stay for long.

Not really suitable for oily skin as my face gets really oily after a few hours.

on 12/22/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really enjoyed this foundation and was happy about buying it, since it was under £6 and arrived early(I got mine from cultbeauty). The shade I got was 2.1Y which I was on the fence about as at the moment, my skin tone is quite pale opposed to the summer when I get quite tanned. From reviews I watched on YouTube, I thought the shade would be too dark to wear in the autumn and winter but surprisingly it matched quite well and this is one of the foundations that have matched me the best. It’s just the right amount of yellow/warm tone and a bit olive(which I think matches my complexion better than a warmer tone). For my oily skin, it wasn’t the greatest as it did get quite oily quickly and I noticed it transferred very easily. However, my friend complemented me and told me my face looked very Dewey, rather than greasy, as if I made it Dewey on purpose which I was rather happy about.

I have acne prone skin with scars so I looked for coverage in this foundation and it definitely did deliver! I was quite happy with the consistency as it wasn’t thick at all, nor too runny so I felt comfortable putting it on. It didn’t break me out and covered up the majority of my dark scars, which I typically use concealer to cover after foundation application.

I mix this in with a paler foundation at the moment as it fits my skin better and since my skin is combination and dry in some areas, it has been helping as my foundation is quite matte. Overall, I recommend it and think everyone should try it, it’s under £10 and worth a try!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Truly awful foundation which never quite sets (despite generous application of translucent powder)... and left my normal/slightly combo skin looking greasy within an hour of application. (I caught a glance of my reflection in the office elevator and almost gasped audibly).

I tried this with a number of mattifying primers ....but nothing stopped it from sliding down my face. Trust me...this is one foundation you do not want to wear to a soirée...for fear of leaving traces on the cheeks and couture of your fellow revellers. Air Kissing from a safe distance is the way to go if you do!

For shade ref 2.1y = NC42

on 12/6/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to like this product. Honestly though, it wasn't terrible. It has a great range of shades and I was able to find a suitable one without ever trying it in person & just navigating through the shades on The Ordinary website. It's also very affordable. But I've tried better. This sorta oxidised on my skin (maybe I should've gotten a shade lighter, but the same tone) over time, didn't last very long on oilier areas of my face and most of all, wears terribly under sunscreen which is a big no for me. I know it has SPF15, but I've been trying to be diligent with sunscreen because I'm trying to quicken the fading time of my hyperpigmentation marks. This foundation got very cakey when worn over sunscreen. After that I only used this at night but I never ever go out at night anyway, and when I do I've already been out during the day so I would've applied the foundation in the morning so I still would've used sunscreen underneath. I ended up giving this away to my sister (whom I've been estranged with over the last year lol family issues - given to her via my mum) and that's how much I didn't need this foundation in my life. It's an okay foundation, but not the best. If you don't wear sunscreen underneath makeup and your skin isn't too oily, it could be alright for you though.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this because of all of the wonderful reviews I've seen on You Tube. Great coverage and low cost, they said.

Pros: The price point is wonderful. Under $7 for a 1 oz bottle is great (plus shipping, of course). The packaging is great. It's a plastic bottle, but it has a good pump on it. It's not fancy, but it's practical. The color range is fabulous. I love how they have warm, cool, and neutral. (I ended up settling on a 1.1N. I am fair (although more so in winter) and pull neither yellow nor pink.)

Cons: I usually use two products in the morning: A moisturizer and my foundation. I use Kat Von D's Tattoo Foundation, and get great coverage with not a lot of product. With The Ordinary, I end up using FOUR products: Moisturizer, primer, a second primer for pores on my oily sections, and the foundation. The foundation doesn't seem to set, either. I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply. It takes forever to apply because it just sits on the skin. I tried using a brush, but because it doesn't set it just streaked everywhere. I also use a lot of product for the same amount of coverage. It leaves me wondering if I would really save money in the long run, because I'd be ripping through bottles of this stuff, where a bottle of KVD lasts me months. It settles in pores, therefore I have to use the primer and a little of The Porefessional in my oily spots. The finish is very matte, which doesn't bode well for my fairly dry skin. KVD is matte, but not THIS matte! (Although I agree with other reviewers, this might be good for oily skin. But beware of the pores!)

IF you need light coverage and have oily skin, this might work for you. Maybe it would set quicker?

THEREFORE, I will not be repurchasing. The application time is the biggest drawback for me, as it doesn't set. It's annoying, frankly. And I just don't think I'd save money in the long run. With shipping I'm paying over $10 a bottle for this, and with KVD I pay $35. I really do think that I go through about three times as much of this.

Bummer. I really wanted to like this.

on 10/30/2017 6:37:00 PM

I am slightly torn on this foundation because of how totally matte it is. I think if you have skin that is either normal, oily or very oily The Ordinary Coverage Foundation could be a good one for you to try. I have very dry skin, and even more so during the cold Minnesota winters. This foundation is just far too matte for me to use, and even with a moisturizing primer underneath.

Perhaps if you have dry skin and aren't looking for a full coverage foundation you could use this foundation by mixing it into a moisturizer and create your own custom tinted moisturizer. This foundation is so highly pigmented that it would work well like this. Perhaps that is what I will do with the remainder of this product. I really appreciate that this is a fragrance free foundation because those can be hard to find.

In my opinion this foundation would work best for a younger person (no fine lines for this to settle into), looking for a very full coverage foundation, who has skin that is very oily.

on 10/8/2017 12:51:00 AM

This pains me, as I LOVE The Ordinary and generally find that they are well worth the hype, but I do not understand the adoration for this foundation. It's even thinner than DoubleWear but in what I would consider an annoying, hard to manage way. Think of spreading water across your skin. Also, there is absolutely no way I would consider this full coverage. Medium, yes. But I have a couple dark spots of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and this barely covered them, let alone my other minor pigmentation issues. I needed quite a bit of concealer. Even with their high adherence silicone primer AND a setting spray, this stuff did NOT set or settle. It felt kind of tacky throughout the day and rubbed off easily, even when blotting. When I buy full coverage, I expect some staying power, too. Giving this a 3/5 because I think the price and formulation are pretty good, and I can see this working for someone with dry, mostly even toned skin.

on 10/2/2017 6:55:00 PM

I was very excited to try this foundation. Coverage-wise, it's comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear. It is quite full, but not FULL full. You will still need a concealer with this if you have scarring or hyperpigmentation, however, what I tend to do it make my own concealer from the foundation itself. I squirt out a bit into a little put and leave it open so the foundation dries out. I tend to do this before i go to bed, and in the morning the consistency has become thicker, like that of a concealer. I've done this with multiple foundations and it always works, and gives you a concealer that is the exact same shade as your foundation, because it IS your foundation, just thickened up.

Staying power: On oily skin, like mine, with no primer and no powder, this will stay on for about 4 hours until you look like a complete grease ball. If you blot with blotting sheets or some powder, it will stay on another 4 hours, but if you don't blot, it will slide off. I find this foundation doesn't ever set, it feels tacky if you touch it and it transfers very easily if there's no powder to keep it in place. With primer (I use their high adherence silicone primer), I find it stays on a slight bit longer, but it also tends to look better. And if I prep my skin well, use primer and blot a couple times or powder a couple times through the day, it will stay looking good for about 9 hours. Beyond that it just starts to disappear or too much has transferred off and it doesn't look good anymore.

Shade: I have pale skin with yellow undertones. I'm a part-time model but I have acne scarring, and I needed something to replace the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation I had been using for years because it just didn't give enough coverage. I couldn't find a shade close enough to the 51 (Vanilla Clair) that I wore. I had got a bit tanned over summer so I got the shade 1.2Y, because it was the lightest yellow shade they have, but I found it slightly too dark. It works if you blend it a bit down your neck, and if the rest of your body isn't any paler than your face, but it will definitely not match me when my tan disappears. I'm going to try the 1.1N, since it's the next lightest that might work. It is annoying that they have 1.0 and 1.1 shades with pink and neutral undertones but the yellow undertones don't start until 1.2.

Application: I apply this with a Real Techniques sponge. It looks good with the sponge either wet or dry. I've tried applying this with a stippling brush and it somehow made it look really dry and not well blended, I don't know why that was. As for applying with fingers, given how full coverage this is, I don't manage to do a good enough blending job with just fingers.

Look/finish: Finish is always dewy on me unless I powder it. I find that for the time that it lasts, it does look good. It was important for me that it looked good in photography and studio lights and it does. It looks very natural, especially if you apply it on in two very light layers with a sponge. It looks good in day light as well.

Packaging: no complaints. I like foundations with pumps. I do wish the pump had some sort of cap, since little drops left on the nozzle can smear, but I can't complain, especially for the price. That said, I also have the Serum foundation from The Ordinary in the same shade, and the pump on that malfunctioned from the first use, even though it's the exact same packaging. It would seem some are faulty.

Overall, I'm kind of stuck with this foundation. I can't afford to buy high-end foundations yet, and so far I haven't found a foundation at this price point that is as full coverage as this, doesn't break me out, looks natural (if applied well) and gets me by in my modelling jobs. When The Ordinary comes out with something not so super-dewy, tacky-feeling and transfer-y, I will definitely try it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Well shame on me. I fell for the hype. Bought a variety of colors as they were cheap and there was no place I could see in person. Mixing 1.0N and 1.0P was a good color match. I tried with different primers (including the Ordinary) and without primers. Tried different moisturizers. It never really set. Slipped off and settled in dry areas. I have dry skin and it looked awful. I’m so very disappointed.