Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.6

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 10/8/2017 12:51:00 AM

This pains me, as I LOVE The Ordinary and generally find that they are well worth the hype, but I do not understand the adoration for this foundation. It's even thinner than DoubleWear but in what I would consider an annoying, hard to manage way. Think of spreading water across your skin. Also, there is absolutely no way I would consider this full coverage. Medium, yes. But I have a couple dark spots of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and this barely covered them, let alone my other minor pigmentation issues. I needed quite a bit of concealer. Even with their high adherence silicone primer AND a setting spray, this stuff did NOT set or settle. It felt kind of tacky throughout the day and rubbed off easily, even when blotting. When I buy full coverage, I expect some staying power, too. Giving this a 3/5 because I think the price and formulation are pretty good, and I can see this working for someone with dry, mostly even toned skin.

on 10/2/2017 6:55:00 PM

I was very excited to try this foundation. Coverage-wise, it's comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear. It is quite full, but not FULL full. You will still need a concealer with this if you have scarring or hyperpigmentation, however, what I tend to do it make my own concealer from the foundation itself. I squirt out a bit into a little put and leave it open so the foundation dries out. I tend to do this before i go to bed, and in the morning the consistency has become thicker, like that of a concealer. I've done this with multiple foundations and it always works, and gives you a concealer that is the exact same shade as your foundation, because it IS your foundation, just thickened up.

Staying power: On oily skin, like mine, with no primer and no powder, this will stay on for about 4 hours until you look like a complete grease ball. If you blot with blotting sheets or some powder, it will stay on another 4 hours, but if you don't blot, it will slide off. I find this foundation doesn't ever set, it feels tacky if you touch it and it transfers very easily if there's no powder to keep it in place. With primer (I use their high adherence silicone primer), I find it stays on a slight bit longer, but it also tends to look better. And if I prep my skin well, use primer and blot a couple times or powder a couple times through the day, it will stay looking good for about 9 hours. Beyond that it just starts to disappear or too much has transferred off and it doesn't look good anymore.

Shade: I have pale skin with yellow undertones. I'm a part-time model but I have acne scarring, and I needed something to replace the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation I had been using for years because it just didn't give enough coverage. I couldn't find a shade close enough to the 51 (Vanilla Clair) that I wore. I had got a bit tanned over summer so I got the shade 1.2Y, because it was the lightest yellow shade they have, but I found it slightly too dark. It works if you blend it a bit down your neck, and if the rest of your body isn't any paler than your face, but it will definitely not match me when my tan disappears. I'm going to try the 1.1N, since it's the next lightest that might work. It is annoying that they have 1.0 and 1.1 shades with pink and neutral undertones but the yellow undertones don't start until 1.2.

Application: I apply this with a Real Techniques sponge. It looks good with the sponge either wet or dry. I've tried applying this with a stippling brush and it somehow made it look really dry and not well blended, I don't know why that was. As for applying with fingers, given how full coverage this is, I don't manage to do a good enough blending job with just fingers.

Look/finish: Finish is always dewy on me unless I powder it. I find that for the time that it lasts, it does look good. It was important for me that it looked good in photography and studio lights and it does. It looks very natural, especially if you apply it on in two very light layers with a sponge. It looks good in day light as well.

Packaging: no complaints. I like foundations with pumps. I do wish the pump had some sort of cap, since little drops left on the nozzle can smear, but I can't complain, especially for the price. That said, I also have the Serum foundation from The Ordinary in the same shade, and the pump on that malfunctioned from the first use, even though it's the exact same packaging. It would seem some are faulty.

Overall, I'm kind of stuck with this foundation. I can't afford to buy high-end foundations yet, and so far I haven't found a foundation at this price point that is as full coverage as this, doesn't break me out, looks natural (if applied well) and gets me by in my modelling jobs. When The Ordinary comes out with something not so super-dewy, tacky-feeling and transfer-y, I will definitely try it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Well shame on me. I fell for the hype. Bought a variety of colors as they were cheap and there was no place I could see in person. Mixing 1.0N and 1.0P was a good color match. I tried with different primers (including the Ordinary) and without primers. Tried different moisturizers. It never really set. Slipped off and settled in dry areas. I have dry skin and it looked awful. I’m so very disappointed.

on 9/22/2017 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is less liquidy than the serum foundation. It has twice as much coverage, that being medium to almost full. I consider full coverage something that could cover a tattoo. It also oxides darker and to a different undertone than it should be like the serum foundation (see pictures). The finish is dewy, yet it clings to texture and dry patches, making your skin look kind of bad. You will need to set it because it doesn't really set/dry down. Even though I set it with powder, after 2 hours, it starts to slide around my face and transfer so easily. I don't consider my skin oily, but oil comes out though the day like anyone. So that's a huge downside.

I will rebuy this because it's cheap and appropriate for running errands. I have acne 'scars' and this is better then nothing. I don't like to use expensive foundation when i'm getting some eggs :)

It's worth trying out. I recommend this over the serum foundation because it covers better, but many people seem to like the serum foundation. Maybe pick up both.

Before and after pictures on blemished skin shown in my video and/or on my blog.

on 9/19/2017 10:30:00 AM

I started wearing foundation at the age of 27. I could get away with concealer and powder for the longest, but my skin is aging and I've always had a quite a bit of redness. I haven't tried a lot of foundations. I took a chance on The Ordinary Coverage foundation and am really pleased with it. I've repurchased it once. I had the lightest color (1.0N) which was too light for me but still worked out. I repurchased and picked 1.2N and it's perfect.

On hot days, it does separate a bit when I sweat. I can't actually see the separation on my face. I just notice it when I touch the oily parts of my face. One lippie off for that. I am so pleased with the flawless base that it gives me that I can't really find any other issues to gripe about with this product. It also doesn't look like a mask, which is important to me.

on 9/16/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Damn. I wanted to love it so much because of the perfect color match and the price... unfortunately, the formula was just too thin and instantly wiped off no matter how long you let it set with powder. It settled throughout the day, clung to dry patches and aged your skin. Super disappointing.

EDIT 5/10/17 :
Personally, I realized that the best way to make this foundation work was to mix it with another high coverage foundation. I mixed it with the taste's sea foundation and it lasted much longer without caking and running off and mild oiliness throughout the day. So if you do have other foundations at your disposable, I suggest trying to experiment with it If you really want it to last.

on 9/10/2017 10:08:00 AM

Frankly one of the worst foundations I've ever worn. I bought shade 2.1Y from the Deciem Covent Garden store and thankfully its under £6 because its going straight in the bin!

The formula is very thin and watery for a high coverage foundation. Somewhat equivalent in texture to the NYX total control drops or Loreal Magic nude liquid. Pigment wise, in comparison to other drugstore price, full coverage foundations like Milani 2 in 1 or Loreal total cover, this falls severely short. When swatched on the back of the hand this appears pigmented, but once applied (with brush or sponge) the coverage is poor and very patchy.

The worst part of this foundation is that once applied, it instantly sinks into all the fine lines and drier areas on your face you never even knew you had (not neccesarily "dry skin" - just an area a little drier than normal). It amplifies any existing skin issues and even adds more! Even if I used a blurring primer (eg. Benefit Porefessional or Garnier 5 sec Blur), all I had to do was smile once about 30 mins after application and suddenly the foundation had moved and created smile lines where there were none before. If you want to use this foundation, be sure to be expressionless! Also it exaggerates pores by sinking into them and then oxidising at a different rate to the rest of your face. Oxidation is also another problem I had, it changed colour from a light medium yellow tone to a warm orange within 20 mins of application with the addition of an ashy white cast.

When I attempted to mix this with other foundations (just to see if I could salvage SOME USE from it, it overpowered their formulas and clung to skin in its usual horrid way. I did a half face of milani and half of this for comparison and the result was shocking! Im only 24 and this made me look older, giving my combination skin texture, patchy coverage, chalkiness and crepey finish where the milani formula gave a smooth and youthful look. I repeated the experiment with Loreal total cover and event the Bourjois healthy mix foundation and the result was the same.

The formula never really sets or dries down and transfers even 1 hour after application. Now, when this transfers it doesn't just smudge a little, it completely comes off! It starts getting patchy and oily around 2 hours after wearing on a cloudy, windy day, i cant imagine this would wear well in warm weather or even at all on oily skinned people.

I don't recommend application with a sponge as the thin formula means your sponge will simply soak it up. Even with a kabuki brush, a completely even coverage could not be achieved.

I tried every which way to love this foundation, with different moisturisers, different primers, mixing it with other foundations, different setting powders and different application techniques but theres just no getting away from the fact that this is poorly formulated. Its really awful. Like I said, Im glad its only £5.90 because its going straight in the bin. The only reason I can see for this being sold out and popular is because Deciem dont have as many bad reviews on their page as here, which is suspicious....

UPDATE: DECIEM refused to publish my honest review because they "cannot verify that i purchased the product from" them.

I love some of Deciem's skincare formulations but this has to be one of the worst makeup products I have ever tried.

on 9/6/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Horrible horrible horrible for Oily skin! It made me look extremely oily all the time and it rubbed off on everything, I really tried to make this foundation work. I tried primers and setting powders, I tried it with a totally clean face void of any creams but it always turned into a horrible mess; like I smeared baby oil all over my face and then threw baby powder onto it; caking by my nose and around my eyes but a greasy oily mess everywhere else eeeeeeeeeww!!

on 8/29/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I FINALLY found my perfect shade, my skin looks so flawless with this foundation I don't think I'm buying any other type again. It blended out so nicely, it has alot of coverage but doesn't feel heavy and I love that they have a wide range of colors to choose from. I got my perfect shade on a stroke of luck and I'm in love with it. If you have oily skin I would try using an oil control primer but other wise it's beautiful and lasted all my 8 hour shift.