Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.6

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

This is by far the worst foundation I’ve ever used. I used the lightest neutral shade there is and my god was it awful. I applied the foundation and it had ok coverage it was probably a medium coverage which is fine but I came back to finish my makeup after a few minutes and my face was orange and blotchy!?! It had oxidised so bad. Not only that but it had already started to emphasise my undereye lines- I’m only 26 so they aren’t really that bad at all and I had barely put any foundation in that area and also clung to dry patches that I didn’t even know I had. I didn’t use a primer because I never really do and I didn’t set it because, again, I never really do or need to. The transfer was bad too it never seemed to dry down properly and I would have hated to have put more on because it would have been everywhere! I found the packaging ok, it looks rather clinical and plain but thats what I expected from the brand, it has no lid just a pump that you can twist and lock, but the matte black pump quickly looks messy and old, which obviously isn’t a massive problem but something to consider if you like to display your makeup.
The price is good but when the product is rubbish the price doesn’t seem so cheap, it is totally unusable to me.
This foundation might be great for you if you try using a primer and set it well but I would be wary if you are pale, it could be perfect for tanned or darker skinned people but for me its a massive no!
Very disappointed as I had heard good things about this foundation from all the hype on youtube etc. It also puts me off trying any of their other products that get raved about. Don’t fall for the hype guys.

on 8/18/2018 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

The consistency is lovely, not heavy or watery. I have combination skin and it worked well, skin didn't look shiny until a few hours later and it also didn't settle in the wrinkles around my eyes. I think I could buy one 3 shades lighter and it would work as an undereye concealer. It's described as semi -matte, which I would agree.

The coverage is medium but very heavily pigmented - initially I thought the colour match was good, but I think my complexion falls between shades - I'm used to using Mac foundation which is comprehensive in the colours it provides. As such, because of the strength of the pigment, I do blend it out a little more than I would normally.

I like the bottle, its simple but effective - no top but the lock on the pump clicks easily into place. I would buy it again but try a shade down. And at the price, it doesn't feel like I have made an expensive error.

on 7/21/2018 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am so very surprised by how much I loved this foundation. I am 48 with combo skin that leans towards oily. I am also cursed with large pores.
First let me say that I used UD optical illusion primer. I love this so much. It helps minimize the pores for me.
I got the 1.2N shade. It's a good match. I have been using LM Minerals in Tender Rose or KA sensual skin in sx5 or Bare Minerals fairly light. I used my beauty blender.
The coverage is better than I thought it would be. It feels lightweight yet covered everything great. But didn't look or feel caked. It lasted very well too a full 10 hours of hot summer with the heat index around 115 today. Still looking great when I washed off.
The price of this is so much less than my others that I can see myself using and switching to it.
Overall I really loved this. Well worth a try for the price. Great coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Background: oily, acne prone, redness

Pros:
- price
- shade range
- packaging (it has a pump!)
- nice consistency and easy to apply with sponge or brush
- light coverage; is buildable

Cons:
- never sets. even after powder, it still transfers (not sure if it’s because I’m oily skin?)
- does it keep oils at bay? Can’t say because it never set for me lol

Because it never sets, I won’t buy this again. Wish it worked out for me though because of the price and shade range!

on 5/2/2018 11:11:00 PM

I love the ordinary line....and i have purchased many items over and over again from it...however, this foundation isn't one of them. Granted, I have about 4 different shade in this foundation when i first wanted to try it out but i wouldn't be buying it again.

I like the fact that this foundation has a very broad shade line and is extremely inexpensive. It's a very thin foundation. Spreads easily on the skin and gives decent coverage. However, this foundation cakes up very badly around the nose area or anywhere that has creasing. Keep in mind i have dry / combo skin.

My gripe with this foundation (well 2) is 1) this foundation doesn't set. it stays wet the entire time and even with powder, it still transfers extremely easily.

2) This also broke me out like crazy... in cystic acne as well as under the skin bumps which never come to a head. They are painful and take weeks to go away.

on 4/24/2018 1:17:00 AM

I bought 2 bottles of the coverage and 2 of the serum (in N 1.0 and N 1.1). This is a bit better than the serum foundation in that it did not feel like a mask on my skin. However, it moved after 2 hours, when other foundations I've used do not budge for 6+ hours. Also, it emphasized lines under my eyes. Would not recommend.

I hate this foundation.
It sits on my skin, and it looks weird after 2 hours.
Would not repurchase.

on 3/17/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love the packaging. Finish is nice.

Not really "full" coverage, more of a medium coverage. Has a weird smell. Transfer easily and do not stay for long.

Not really suitable for oily skin as my face gets really oily after a few hours.

on 12/22/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really enjoyed this foundation and was happy about buying it, since it was under £6 and arrived early(I got mine from cultbeauty). The shade I got was 2.1Y which I was on the fence about as at the moment, my skin tone is quite pale opposed to the summer when I get quite tanned. From reviews I watched on YouTube, I thought the shade would be too dark to wear in the autumn and winter but surprisingly it matched quite well and this is one of the foundations that have matched me the best. It’s just the right amount of yellow/warm tone and a bit olive(which I think matches my complexion better than a warmer tone). For my oily skin, it wasn’t the greatest as it did get quite oily quickly and I noticed it transferred very easily. However, my friend complemented me and told me my face looked very Dewey, rather than greasy, as if I made it Dewey on purpose which I was rather happy about.

I have acne prone skin with scars so I looked for coverage in this foundation and it definitely did deliver! I was quite happy with the consistency as it wasn’t thick at all, nor too runny so I felt comfortable putting it on. It didn’t break me out and covered up the majority of my dark scars, which I typically use concealer to cover after foundation application.

I mix this in with a paler foundation at the moment as it fits my skin better and since my skin is combination and dry in some areas, it has been helping as my foundation is quite matte. Overall, I recommend it and think everyone should try it, it’s under £10 and worth a try!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Truly awful foundation which never quite sets (despite generous application of translucent powder)... and left my normal/slightly combo skin looking greasy within an hour of application. (I caught a glance of my reflection in the office elevator and almost gasped audibly).

I tried this with a number of mattifying primers ....but nothing stopped it from sliding down my face. Trust me...this is one foundation you do not want to wear to a soirée...for fear of leaving traces on the cheeks and couture of your fellow revellers. Air Kissing from a safe distance is the way to go if you do!

For shade ref 2.1y = NC42