Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.6

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 10/23/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I joined the queue waiting (impatiently) for its delivery on launch - let me tell you it felt like forever! In the meantime mixed reviews began filtering out leaving me somewhat skeptical. So, I didn't try this for a while - what a mistake. This, for me, is a lovely foundation - as it's pigment, you don't get that horrid cakey look and because of that it's totally buildable. It's a different concept of foundation but it just works. A word of caution - this is VERY matte, and us more mature ladies will need to add some life (ie. light) back into our skin; hourglass works a treat. For the incredibly low price point it is worth a try. It's a brilliant, cheap everyday foundation, but I have to admit for nights out and special occasions I prefer the EL Nude foundation as it gives a lovely glow ( not greasy look). For reference I'm NW20 and bought shade 2.0 which works a treat.

I love The Ordinary foundations! I think for day-to-day, running around when you don't want to wear your Armani or Koh Gen Do $70 foundations, this fits the bill perfectly. Would I wear it on my wedding day? No. But for everyday it's amazing.

I apply mine right after moisturizer and then a light diffusing primer. Currently loving the Becca Backlight. This is a fairly flat finish foundation, so the glow primer helps give it more of a satin finish, which I prefer in my 30's. The combination of the light diffusing and applying it right after moisturizer helps it become more of a medium coverage vs. a full coverage look.

I set with powder and a setting spray and get all day wear. I have dry, sensitive skin and this doesn't cling or get patchy. The Fair shades didn't oxidize on me much, but the Light shades did, as I got into the level 2 shades. I have been using a combination of 1.1N and 1.2N. I think if you are trying to decide between shades, go with the lighter one, because these do oxidize somewhat and dry a bit darker than when first applied.

It should be noted that I typically hate drugstore foundations. Not because I'm a beauty snob (quite the opposite, I think there is a thrill in finding affordable products that deliver). The finish is always too dewy or too matte. As a makeup artist, I need the base to be flawless, or else the rest of the look will be a hot mess - I typically use Armani, Koh Gen Do, and RCMA. Again, not trying to be a snob, just illustrating that I'm really picky about my foundations. Also, there must be an ingredient in most drugstore foundations that makes my skin burn and breaks me out the next day so badly. I usually avoid drugstore foundations altogether.

So I approached The Ordinary foundations with some skepticism that they'd actually work. The serum foundation was ok for me, but the Full Coverage has really become a go-to for me. No burning, no breakouts, and a nice, natural skin-like finish. It also doesn't feel heavy at all, which I love. I think The Ordinary really did a nice job with this foundation.

I did a swatch video of all the shades I purchased, because I did have some trouble deciding from their site:

Through no fault of my own I meant to purchase the SERUM and not the coverage since i prefer a much lighter coverage.
I don't have the clearest skin in the world.
The colour match is great, I went for 1.0N, its really easy to tell, I have never been able to get a right match! So this is great
However, it lives up to the reviews I've seen, I got oily very quickly on my t-zone 2-3 hours in, a lot more then usual after blotting and seeing the results.
Its not sitting great on my skin and is sinking slightly. But from the reviews i thought this would happen but like i said it was my fault.
I am really looking forward to getting the serum since i have heard much better things! will be reviewing that also.

on 7/29/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the YouTube hype. I think a lot of the bloggers who think this is the holy grail of cheap foundations were paid to do so. Like other reviewers on here, the damn stuff never sets, even with powder and setting spray. You can see it sitting on the skin, and as someone with combo skin, it looked awful on both the oily and dry parts of my face, making each area look worse than it is. I found it turned more yellow throughout the day, giving me a nice jaundice look for work. The packaging is nice, but the product is not great.

on 7/14/2017 7:28:00 AM

I do like this product but it doesn't last at all! I have a few foundations that can be a shade too dark after they oxides but if I put this or the serum version over it omg it lasts alllll day won't rub off at all won't cling to dry places (that I don't even have!) honestly mixing this makes a huge difference.
I got the shade 1.1n and 1.0n in the serum and after a few minutes it alters slightly to your skin tone (which it does says on the website) In mac I'm a nc15 and the neutral tone of the 1.1n is perfect.
Don't love it but don't hate it but for the price I'll take it! (£5.90)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was really excited to receive this after waiting for around 2 months but sadly it just doesn't work for me. The coverage is poor and it settles into fine lines and breaks down on my skin after about 2 hours. Shade range is great though.

on 6/12/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It took forever to arrive. It looks great when freshly applied but really disappears quickly. I have redness around my nose and inner cheeks and it really doesn't do a great job of covering that for long. I stuck it in a drawer - I'll use it...sometime...maybe. But honestly, you'll get better coverage out of Maybelliene - which runs around the same price.

This product just came out around the time I was ordering a few other products from the site and I thought, 'why not?' and got both the Serum and the Coverage products. Because why not. I think I liked the Coverage product a tiny bit more than the Serum one, but not enough to give even 2 lippies. The shade I got was 1.0N and it matches my skin, almost. It claims all sorts of things, long-lasting, no settling in lines, natural look and full cover, and then some more (sunscreen, spreadability…). Well, it applies easily (with both brush and fingers), it goes on with an almost matte finish, but it's not exactly uniform and I needed a lot of work to make it even. The final finish is definitely on the more dewy side, but it starts out almost matte and then quickly turns oily, similar to the Serum. It needs a powder to set it, it's quite sticky on it's own and doesn't set/blend into skin, so it does look like make-up, and on top of that the pigmentation is quite high (but hardly full, nope) and it does blur facial contours. Comparing against something that truly is full-cover like Dermablend 16h Fluid Ordinary gives more of a pancake face, but it's not as pigmented, doesn't cover birthmarks (which Dermablend and other full cover liquid products can actually do), for example. I can't see how the claim on superior suspended pigments is true by any stretch of imagination. Lasting power is average, about 5-6 h and by then it's shiny, despite powder (silica-based), and it does migrate into lines and pores. Long-lasting is something else. It's not that I had expected it to be this abysmal, but Ordinary make-up manages to not live up to any of their claims (which are pretty high for any make-up to live up to, honestly). Though, even if the description said simply 'lightweight, medium coverage foundation in 21 shades' then it would still be a forgettably bad foundation with no redeeming qualities.

on 6/5/2017 9:09:00 PM

Purchased this in the shade 1.2N. My normal shade is between MAC NW18-20. As a 59 year old, my skin is normal to dry but with very large pores due to aging and old acne scars and some discolorations. I first tried applying it with my fingers and was surprised by how pigmented it was. A little goes a very long way. Unfortunately, I found the shade slightly too yellow, and the overall effect was too high coverage and flat. I next tried sheering it out with a damp sponge. The effect was slightly better, but still not very flattering, as it seemed to emphasize my pores and lines. On my third attempt I decided to try it with an illuminating primer (Becca Backlight Priming Filter) and the sponge. Slightly better but still not flattering. I think the problem is the foundation's texture and how it works on my skin. It provides high coverage for discolorations but does nothing to smooth or blur textural imperfections. I may have been better off trying the Serum Foundation in this line. For now, I'll go back to my current faves -- MUFE Ultra HD in R250 which for me is perfect match colour-wise and looks very natural while providing medium coverage, and the Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-free foundation in N25, which provides higher coverage without looking cakey and is soothing on my skin when it is feeling irritated in the winter.

on 6/5/2017 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I bought 2 colors of this, both of them didn't match my skin tone, but I did mix them and it looks alright. It oxides terribly. After about 4 hours I noticed that it settles into every line (I don't have a lot) and it looks horrible. I use a primer and none of the other foundations that I wear do this. I am so glad it was cheap. I guess you pay what is it worth and I can say, it's not worth a lot.