Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.9

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Being an Ordinary fan, I tried so hard to love this product, I really did... but gosh it's so DRY. It makes me look at least 5 years older, settles into lines and dries up all patchy. I have oily t-zone and dry cheeks & eyes. Even with heavy moisturizer underneath AND mixing it with more moisture, it doesn't go on right, it dries me up so bad. I tried everything; with and without primer, applying with sponge, different brushes, blending it real nicely, using only very little... but no. The only thing that works is when I get oily later in the day, it looks a lot better then, when my skin has been "eating" the foundation away haha. Needless to say I cannot recommend this to anyone with dry or even normal skin.. And if you're oily it won't last all day either. What a shame, since the colour range and price is amazing. I am back to the high end brands :( (sad for my wallet, good for my temper haha)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Good coverage and right color for my skin tone. No complaints at all.

This is the most flawless foundation I have ever used, and I currently have 13 foundations. It's beautiful. I use mac nw20 in the winter, and nw25 in the summer, and I purchased 1.2P in the coverage foundation and it's a perfect match. It applies best with a beauty blender, for me personally. The 1st time I applied it is was ASTOUNDED at the finish. I just couldn't stop looking at my skin. It only lasts say, 7 hours, looking pretty dang good, but then it starts to fade. And I've never had a foundation fade so gracefully. No breaking up on my nose or forehead, no rubbing off on my nose, nothing. Just an even fade away. I love it! Oh, and the TO's other skincare products are awesome as well! If Sephora started selling TO's foundation lines, they would become even more rich!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this, but it just sat on the skin, ended up cakey, breaking apart, & didn't last. Im really disappointed. The color match was good though.

on 11/21/2017 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in a very fair color, and use it mostly in winter when my skintone has changed into a whiter version where my Clarins skin illusion in Honey gets a bit too dark. It’s easy to mix and goes with almost every other foundation brand. But it’s too watery for my liking when applying it alone. For this price, you kan buy different colors and mix depending on your skin tone at the moment.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros: Colour selection is amazing! Like the pump packaging.Price is so great. This could be a great starter foundation.
Cons: It does not last on the skin. It doesnt seem to set. I put 1 pump of this in with my high end foundation just to adjust the colour slightly and it really affects the lasting power of the other foundation, which is very rare when I mix it with others. I really wanted this to work, but not for me. :( Maybe if your skin isnt so oily.

on 10/23/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I joined the queue waiting (impatiently) for its delivery on launch - let me tell you it felt like forever! In the meantime mixed reviews began filtering out leaving me somewhat skeptical. So, I didn't try this for a while - what a mistake. This, for me, is a lovely foundation - as it's pigment, you don't get that horrid cakey look and because of that it's totally buildable. It's a different concept of foundation but it just works. A word of caution - this is VERY matte, and us more mature ladies will need to add some life (ie. light) back into our skin; hourglass works a treat. For the incredibly low price point it is worth a try. It's a brilliant, cheap everyday foundation, but I have to admit for nights out and special occasions I prefer the EL Nude foundation as it gives a lovely glow ( not greasy look). For reference I'm NW20 and bought shade 2.0 which works a treat.

I love The Ordinary foundations! I think for day-to-day, running around when you don't want to wear your Armani or Koh Gen Do $70 foundations, this fits the bill perfectly. Would I wear it on my wedding day? No. But for everyday it's amazing.

I apply mine right after moisturizer and then a light diffusing primer. Currently loving the Becca Backlight. This is a fairly flat finish foundation, so the glow primer helps give it more of a satin finish, which I prefer in my 30's. The combination of the light diffusing and applying it right after moisturizer helps it become more of a medium coverage vs. a full coverage look.

I set with powder and a setting spray and get all day wear. I have dry, sensitive skin and this doesn't cling or get patchy. The Fair shades didn't oxidize on me much, but the Light shades did, as I got into the level 2 shades. I have been using a combination of 1.1N and 1.2N. I think if you are trying to decide between shades, go with the lighter one, because these do oxidize somewhat and dry a bit darker than when first applied.

It should be noted that I typically hate drugstore foundations. Not because I'm a beauty snob (quite the opposite, I think there is a thrill in finding affordable products that deliver). The finish is always too dewy or too matte. As a makeup artist, I need the base to be flawless, or else the rest of the look will be a hot mess - I typically use Armani, Koh Gen Do, and RCMA. Again, not trying to be a snob, just illustrating that I'm really picky about my foundations. Also, there must be an ingredient in most drugstore foundations that makes my skin burn and breaks me out the next day so badly. I usually avoid drugstore foundations altogether.

So I approached The Ordinary foundations with some skepticism that they'd actually work. The serum foundation was ok for me, but the Full Coverage has really become a go-to for me. No burning, no breakouts, and a nice, natural skin-like finish. It also doesn't feel heavy at all, which I love. I think The Ordinary really did a nice job with this foundation.

I did a swatch video of all the shades I purchased, because I did have some trouble deciding from their site:

Through no fault of my own I meant to purchase the SERUM and not the coverage since i prefer a much lighter coverage.
I don't have the clearest skin in the world.
The colour match is great, I went for 1.0N, its really easy to tell, I have never been able to get a right match! So this is great
However, it lives up to the reviews I've seen, I got oily very quickly on my t-zone 2-3 hours in, a lot more then usual after blotting and seeing the results.
Its not sitting great on my skin and is sinking slightly. But from the reviews i thought this would happen but like i said it was my fault.
I am really looking forward to getting the serum since i have heard much better things! will be reviewing that also.

on 7/29/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the YouTube hype. I think a lot of the bloggers who think this is the holy grail of cheap foundations were paid to do so. Like other reviewers on here, the damn stuff never sets, even with powder and setting spray. You can see it sitting on the skin, and as someone with combo skin, it looked awful on both the oily and dry parts of my face, making each area look worse than it is. I found it turned more yellow throughout the day, giving me a nice jaundice look for work. The packaging is nice, but the product is not great.