Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.9

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 8/19/2018 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I read all the reviews and was excited about this product, I ordered 1.2N and when it came I have to say that it was a fantastic colour match for my skin, I used my porefessional primer and put on my foundation, it went on easy, blended well and looked good. After about 3-4 hours I checked it and it had separated slightly so I decided to wash it off, took ages to wash off and had to cleanse twice.
Today I used my Smashbox Primer and out the foundation on, it was harder to blend today and after an hour of wearing my glasses it had all separated on my nose and I was left with horrible looking make up.

Tomorrow I'll try it without any primer and see how it looks but if it separates again then it will be a bummer.

on 8/18/2018 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

The consistency is lovely, not heavy or watery. I have combination skin and it worked well, skin didn't look shiny until a few hours later and it also didn't settle in the wrinkles around my eyes. I think I could buy one 3 shades lighter and it would work as an undereye concealer. It's described as semi -matte, which I would agree.

The coverage is medium but very heavily pigmented - initially I thought the colour match was good, but I think my complexion falls between shades - I'm used to using Mac foundation which is comprehensive in the colours it provides. As such, because of the strength of the pigment, I do blend it out a little more than I would normally.

I like the bottle, its simple but effective - no top but the lock on the pump clicks easily into place. I would buy it again but try a shade down. And at the price, it doesn't feel like I have made an expensive error.

on 7/21/2018 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am so very surprised by how much I loved this foundation. I am 48 with combo skin that leans towards oily. I am also cursed with large pores.
First let me say that I used UD optical illusion primer. I love this so much. It helps minimize the pores for me.
I got the 1.2N shade. It's a good match. I have been using LM Minerals in Tender Rose or KA sensual skin in sx5 or Bare Minerals fairly light. I used my beauty blender.
The coverage is better than I thought it would be. It feels lightweight yet covered everything great. But didn't look or feel caked. It lasted very well too a full 10 hours of hot summer with the heat index around 115 today. Still looking great when I washed off.
The price of this is so much less than my others that I can see myself using and switching to it.
Overall I really loved this. Well worth a try for the price. Great coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Background: oily, acne prone, redness

Pros:
- price
- shade range
- packaging (it has a pump!)
- nice consistency and easy to apply with sponge or brush
- light coverage; is buildable

Cons:
- never sets. even after powder, it still transfers (not sure if it’s because I’m oily skin?)
- does it keep oils at bay? Can’t say because it never set for me lol

Because it never sets, I won’t buy this again. Wish it worked out for me though because of the price and shade range!

Incredible product. Many many shades to cover ALL skintones. I am a hard match - golden beige. I am thrilled. I'm stocking up!

on 6/22/2018 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I guess that the problem with this product is the misleading name. You think it is something like EL Double Wear, something longlasting, mattifying and with lots of coverage. Instead I would compare it more to a nourishing, natural looking foundation with medium coverage and decently long lasting.

I have been experimenting with foundations lately because I'm getting older and I have the impression that not matter how good, every foundation will highlight my skin texture with pores and lines. I have always preferred the matte finish to the dewy because I have an oily T-zone but now it is starting to make me look caked up. This is when I started testing all the "nude" and "naked" textures, starting with EL Double Wear Nude in Ecru, to Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in 12 and Les Beiges in 10, to UD Naked in 2.0, 2.5 and 1.5. The Chanel were the worse - Velvet was like applying sandpaper on my skin and the Beiges was just too watered down, no coverage whatsoever and gone by midday. Also, the shade range is very poor because it only caters for yellow toned skin and both contain alcohol. The ED and UD were much better in terms of shades, consistency and natural, luminos look, but coverage and lasting power were not really satisfying, or at least not so much to stray from my current favourites, MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Foundation in NW20 - the one in the tube, Clarins Extra Comfort in 105 (for days when my skin is dry) and EL Double Wear in Ecru, for days when my skin is particularly oily and using only a bit and with lots of buffing.

I have bought this foundation online because I needed to spend a bit more in order to get free shipment, and I was prepared to be very disappointed because some vloggers had scathing reviews for this foundation. So imagine the pleasure when I opened the package, saw the little pump bottle, tried a drop on the back of my hand, decided that it felt quite good and the colour seemed to be perfect. On my face it went like a dream. It is quite liquid and viscous so I didn't apply much because it didn't dry fast and it seemed highly pigmented, I started instead with some little dots and worked through my face, using my fingers only and adding some layers where I thought I needed. I finished with some powder only on my T-zone because I liked the skin like texture (yay!!!) and because the first time I try a foundation I don't want to use any helpers to see how it performs on its own.

So, this is my verdict:
This is a beautiful foundation if you find the right shade, have a normal to combination or slightly dry skin, don't need too much coverage but prefer the natural look. In this case this is as good, or even better, than some high-end foundations I have been trying lately.
Although the consistency is quite liquid, it feels very creamy, almost emollient like a BB cream and it is very easy to apply with fingers first and to buff into my skin with a brush, also because it doesn't dry very fast, it actually takes some time. On the more oily areas it behaves like my other long-lasting foundations: it starts melting after 4 hours but nothing some blotting or few touch ups couldn't fix.
What I really like is that my face looks radiant and this is something that I have missed from the other high-end foundations. It just has that luminosity that at my age is an important factor.

The most important advice I can give are: don't plaster your face with it at once but start with just a little and build up where you think you need, using only your fingers, like if you were applying a BB cream or moisturizer, and buff with a brush at the end. And give it the time to settle and dry. Also, don't apply it on a skin that is already overloaded with mousturizer, sunscreen and primer. It is just too much for any skin and this will only exacerbate the problems that you are trying to cover up.

One problem could be finding the right shade as in the medium and deep section they seem to be very very yellow toned. I have 1.0N and it looks perfect for my winter NW18/20 complexion. I guess I could also wear 1.0P and everything in the 1 to 1.1 range but anything above could turn too yellow/orange on my neutral skin.
Although I have many different expensive foundations I have been enjoying using this a lot more lately. Probably in summer it won't work because it is too emollient and I probably won't be able to find the right shade, but for my winter skin this is great.

on 6/6/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Right after application it looks surprisingly good, but it doesn't last.

It enhances any dry skin by being absorbed of the dry patches. The top of the bottle gets stained after the first pump and it's impossible to clean, hence it visually looks awful even early on (which most makeup do after usage, but not as early on as this one). It transfers to clothing like no other foundation and have ruined several jumpers/t-shirts/jackets of mine.

Oh and the cooler tones aren't cool/pink after it oxidised but orange, and gets ALOT darker than the color in the bottle.

on 5/2/2018 11:11:00 PM

I love the ordinary line....and i have purchased many items over and over again from it...however, this foundation isn't one of them. Granted, I have about 4 different shade in this foundation when i first wanted to try it out but i wouldn't be buying it again.

I like the fact that this foundation has a very broad shade line and is extremely inexpensive. It's a very thin foundation. Spreads easily on the skin and gives decent coverage. However, this foundation cakes up very badly around the nose area or anywhere that has creasing. Keep in mind i have dry / combo skin.

My gripe with this foundation (well 2) is 1) this foundation doesn't set. it stays wet the entire time and even with powder, it still transfers extremely easily.

2) This also broke me out like crazy... in cystic acne as well as under the skin bumps which never come to a head. They are painful and take weeks to go away.

on 4/24/2018 1:17:00 AM

I bought 2 bottles of the coverage and 2 of the serum (in N 1.0 and N 1.1). This is a bit better than the serum foundation in that it did not feel like a mask on my skin. However, it moved after 2 hours, when other foundations I've used do not budge for 6+ hours. Also, it emphasized lines under my eyes. Would not recommend.

I hate this foundation.
It sits on my skin, and it looks weird after 2 hours.
Would not repurchase.