Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

3.0

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've pretty much copied and pasted sections of this onto my review of the Serum foundation just because I love them both so much. So don't be surprised if it sounds familiar haha.

This and the serum foundation are one of my absolute favourite foundations ever. The ease of using this product is absolutely unbeatable. I find I'm always reaching for this or the serum foundation when I want a quick and no fuss, idiot proof, natural foundation (which is most days). It's got everything I'm looking for: looks natural, covers and blends well, doesn't sink into lines or clumps around my nose and forehead and when it begins fading (as it inevitably will on my oily skin) it does so naturally. It's so quick and easy to apply as well, just a one or two minutes with my foundation brush or fingers when I'm lazy. Very minimal blending required.

In comparison to the Serum Foundation, this is obviously heavier coverage and the texture is thicker. It's still equally as easy to apply, but because the colour match isn't 100% accurate for me, I have to be more careful with the blending. I find I reach for this when i'm short on time and need good coverage quickly, whereas I tend to spend more time layering the serum foundation on.

Based on the other reviews, I think this foundation works best with a primer. Since I've got oily skin, I always use a primer anyway to help combat the oiliness no matter what foundation I'm wearing.

I've used this in England and Singapore, and this foundation works in both climates. It wears away a little more quickly in Singapore, but due to the humidity and heat, it's to be expected.

It's colour range isn't that great, I couldn't find one to be an exact match for my skin but the difference isn't obvious at all and it's easy to blend away the difference. It's so cheap that I ended up buying 2 colours and blending them together.

Would definitely repurchase this again! And again and again. I love the packaging, and the product and price are unbeatable.

on 12/29/2017 10:18:00 AM

For a person who has an oily skin like me, so far this product is so good because it has matte finish. The coverage was medium i think.. but it can be build to high coverage. The dissapoinment is, it transferrable easily.. when you wore it on a long time, it can be easily stick on your clothes or tissue or something and somewhat can be cakey.. but overall, like the title of this foundation, the coverage is good & it sets quickly on my skin.. & it can controls my oily skin well☺️👌

on 12/22/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really enjoyed this foundation and was happy about buying it, since it was under £6 and arrived early(I got mine from cultbeauty). The shade I got was 2.1Y which I was on the fence about as at the moment, my skin tone is quite pale opposed to the summer when I get quite tanned. From reviews I watched on YouTube, I thought the shade would be too dark to wear in the autumn and winter but surprisingly it matched quite well and this is one of the foundations that have matched me the best. It’s just the right amount of yellow/warm tone and a bit olive(which I think matches my complexion better than a warmer tone). For my oily skin, it wasn’t the greatest as it did get quite oily quickly and I noticed it transferred very easily. However, my friend complemented me and told me my face looked very Dewey, rather than greasy, as if I made it Dewey on purpose which I was rather happy about.

I have acne prone skin with scars so I looked for coverage in this foundation and it definitely did deliver! I was quite happy with the consistency as it wasn’t thick at all, nor too runny so I felt comfortable putting it on. It didn’t break me out and covered up the majority of my dark scars, which I typically use concealer to cover after foundation application.

I mix this in with a paler foundation at the moment as it fits my skin better and since my skin is combination and dry in some areas, it has been helping as my foundation is quite matte. Overall, I recommend it and think everyone should try it, it’s under £10 and worth a try!

on 12/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

It looks good when first applied, quite glowy and natural. It starts to disappear after a couple of hours and also looks quite shiny, which I am not a fan of since my skin is already combination oily.

on 12/6/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to like this product. Honestly though, it wasn't terrible. It has a great range of shades and I was able to find a suitable one without ever trying it in person & just navigating through the shades on The Ordinary website. It's also very affordable. But I've tried better. This sorta oxidised on my skin (maybe I should've gotten a shade lighter, but the same tone) over time, didn't last very long on oilier areas of my face and most of all, wears terribly under sunscreen which is a big no for me. I know it has SPF15, but I've been trying to be diligent with sunscreen because I'm trying to quicken the fading time of my hyperpigmentation marks. This foundation got very cakey when worn over sunscreen. After that I only used this at night but I never ever go out at night anyway, and when I do I've already been out during the day so I would've applied the foundation in the morning so I still would've used sunscreen underneath. I ended up giving this away to my sister (whom I've been estranged with over the last year lol family issues - given to her via my mum) and that's how much I didn't need this foundation in my life. It's an okay foundation, but not the best. If you don't wear sunscreen underneath makeup and your skin isn't too oily, it could be alright for you though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

on 9/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm a hard sell when it comes to foundations. I have light-medium, acne prone skin, with neutral undertones, and finding a workable color, texture and finish is a major pain (I'm sure they hate me at Sephora). In my opinion, this matches the quality of the expensive brands. I purchased 2.0 N, and the color is perfect. It applied easily, with medium coverage and a natural-looking finish. My skin looks a bit candle-lit. If you find that this foundation makes your skin look dull, the color is probably a shade too dark for you. If I find that it doesn't last the day, or creates any other problem, I will update this post, but for now, I'm really happy with this.
UPDATE: I have used this multiple times now, and I still give it 5 stars. For those who complain that it's watery, you have to shake the bottle before dispensing. This imparts a wonderful finish to my skin and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day (I use oil at least once a day, so my skin doesn't need to produce more oil on its own). I find that it applies better and lasts longer on my skin if I stipple it on with a thick brush (ELF has a great one with white bristles) rather than a beauty blender, which just waters it down and makes it disappear before the end of the day.

on 9/6/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The price is good and the packaging is great. This foundation is just so-so. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's great for a light makeup day or quick application. It has great coverage but makes my skin look meh and flat. I don't notice any youthfulness, brightening or plumpness after applying, which I can get with my other foundations. It doesn't stay on my face as long either. I don't have to use a setting powder with this foundation because it seems to dry down a bit. I appreciate that aspect because powders tend to bring out my skin texture. The colors are slightly off. There isn't a good shade for neutral tones. I found they are very yellow or pink. My perfect match is Nars Gobi (NC15) so I purchased 1.1N. It is a bit too light so I think 1.2N is better. I like how thin the formula is while still giving coverage. It accentuates the texture around my nose more than I'd like. By the end of the day, my face is very shiny and looks slick. I don't like that since I wear glasses and it tends to get all over the nosepiece. I will continue to use it, but probably won't purchase more.

I was looking forward to find a new favourite foundation but unfortunately I was extremely disappointed :(
For reference: I'm around an NC20 and I got the shade 1.2N which is a pretty good match. I was a bit surprised though how yellow their N=natural shades ran. Initially, the shade matches but the oxidation is crazy! Right when I apply it my face looks like a light NC20 and 10min later I look like a very orange NW30.
The foundation applies easily and offers medium coverage - most definitely not full. The finish is meant to be a semi-matte I think, but the reality is that this foundation looks extremely greasy/oily and never seems to set properly. Even with a good amount of my HG mattifying powder it still struggels to set properly and looks kind of dewy?! Unfortunately, it also sits in my pores and fine lines from the very beginning. It forms those little "dots" of foundation in my pores, which that makes me feel very uncomfortable. I don't usually have problems with my pores..
The last thing is the longevity: The fact that it has that greasy finish and doesn't properly set makes it not last on my combo/oily skin at all. After around 2 hours it slides around my face and comes off immediately even if I barely touch it.
I gave it to both of my sisters to try and they both gave it back to me - It must be quite a bad foundation, because they usually take everything haha ;) Eventually, I ended up throwing this foundation in the bin.

It was only around 6 Euros, so I'm not crying over it, but I really can't recommend this foundation. Maybe it works okay if you have very dry to dry skin...

on 7/29/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the YouTube hype. I think a lot of the bloggers who think this is the holy grail of cheap foundations were paid to do so. Like other reviewers on here, the damn stuff never sets, even with powder and setting spray. You can see it sitting on the skin, and as someone with combo skin, it looked awful on both the oily and dry parts of my face, making each area look worse than it is. I found it turned more yellow throughout the day, giving me a nice jaundice look for work. The packaging is nice, but the product is not great.