Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.7

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

on 9/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this for the first time. In my opinion, this matches the quality of the expensive brands. I have light-medium, acne prone skin, with neutral undertones. I purchased 2.0 N, and the color is perfect. It applied easily, with medium coverage and a natural-looking finish. My skin looks a bit candle-lit. If you find that this foundation makes your skin look dull, the color is probably a shade too dark for you. If I find that it doesn't last the day, or creates any other problem, I will update this post, but for now, I'm really happy with this.
UPDATE: I have used this multiple times now, and I still give it 5 stars. For those who complain that it's watery, shake the bottle before dispensing. This imparts a wonderful finish to my skin and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day (I use oil at least once a day, so my skin doesn't need to produce more oil on its own). I prefer to apply it with a thick brush rather than a sponge.

on 9/6/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The price is good and the packaging is great. This foundation is just so-so. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's great for a light makeup day or quick application. It has great coverage but makes my skin look meh and flat. I don't notice any youthfulness, brightening or plumpness after applying, which I can get with my other foundations. It doesn't stay on my face as long either. I don't have to use a setting powder with this foundation because it seems to dry down a bit. I appreciate that aspect because powders tend to bring out my skin texture. The colors are slightly off. There isn't a good shade for neutral tones. I found they are very yellow or pink. My perfect match is Nars Gobi (NC15) so I purchased 1.1N. It is a bit too light so I think 1.2N is better. I like how thin the formula is while still giving coverage. It accentuates the texture around my nose more than I'd like. By the end of the day, my face is very shiny and looks slick. I don't like that since I wear glasses and it tends to get all over the nosepiece. I will continue to use it, but probably won't purchase more.

I was looking forward to find a new favourite foundation but unfortunately I was extremely disappointed :(
For reference: I'm around an NC20 and I got the shade 1.2N which is a pretty good match. I was a bit surprised though how yellow their N=natural shades ran. Initially, the shade matches but the oxidation is crazy! Right when I apply it my face looks like a light NC20 and 10min later I look like a very orange NW30.
The foundation applies easily and offers medium coverage - most definitely not full. The finish is meant to be a semi-matte I think, but the reality is that this foundation looks extremely greasy/oily and never seems to set properly. Even with a good amount of my HG mattifying powder it still struggels to set properly and looks kind of dewy?! Unfortunately, it also sits in my pores and fine lines from the very beginning. It forms those little "dots" of foundation in my pores, which that makes me feel very uncomfortable. I don't usually have problems with my pores..
The last thing is the longevity: The fact that it has that greasy finish and doesn't properly set makes it not last on my combo/oily skin at all. After around 2 hours it slides around my face and comes off immediately even if I barely touch it.
I gave it to both of my sisters to try and they both gave it back to me - It must be quite a bad foundation, because they usually take everything haha ;) Eventually, I ended up throwing this foundation in the bin.

It was only around 6 Euros, so I'm not crying over it, but I really can't recommend this foundation. Maybe it works okay if you have very dry to dry skin...

on 7/29/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the YouTube hype. I think a lot of the bloggers who think this is the holy grail of cheap foundations were paid to do so. Like other reviewers on here, the damn stuff never sets, even with powder and setting spray. You can see it sitting on the skin, and as someone with combo skin, it looked awful on both the oily and dry parts of my face, making each area look worse than it is. I found it turned more yellow throughout the day, giving me a nice jaundice look for work. The packaging is nice, but the product is not great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was really excited to receive this after waiting for around 2 months but sadly it just doesn't work for me. The coverage is poor and it settles into fine lines and breaks down on my skin after about 2 hours. Shade range is great though.

This product just came out around the time I was ordering a few other products from the site and I thought, 'why not?' and got both the Serum and the Coverage products. Because why not. I think I liked the Coverage product a tiny bit more than the Serum one, but not enough to give even 2 lippies. The shade I got was 1.0N and it matches my skin, almost. It claims all sorts of things, long-lasting, no settling in lines, natural look and full cover, and then some more (sunscreen, spreadability…). Well, it applies easily (with both brush and fingers), it goes on with an almost matte finish, but it's not exactly uniform and I needed a lot of work to make it even. The final finish is definitely on the more dewy side, but it starts out almost matte and then quickly turns oily, similar to the Serum. It needs a powder to set it, it's quite sticky on it's own and doesn't set/blend into skin, so it does look like make-up, and on top of that the pigmentation is quite high (but hardly full, nope) and it does blur facial contours. Comparing against something that truly is full-cover like Dermablend 16h Fluid Ordinary gives more of a pancake face, but it's not as pigmented, doesn't cover birthmarks (which Dermablend and other full cover liquid products can actually do), for example. I can't see how the claim on superior suspended pigments is true by any stretch of imagination. Lasting power is average, about 5-6 h and by then it's shiny, despite powder (silica-based), and it does migrate into lines and pores. Long-lasting is something else. It's not that I had expected it to be this abysmal, but Ordinary make-up manages to not live up to any of their claims (which are pretty high for any make-up to live up to, honestly). Though, even if the description said simply 'lightweight, medium coverage foundation in 21 shades' then it would still be a forgettably bad foundation with no redeeming qualities.

on 6/5/2017 9:09:00 PM

Purchased this in the shade 1.2N. My normal shade is between MAC NW18-20. As a 59 year old, my skin is normal to dry but with very large pores due to aging and old acne scars and some discolorations. I first tried applying it with my fingers and was surprised by how pigmented it was. A little goes a very long way. Unfortunately, I found the shade slightly too yellow, and the overall effect was too high coverage and flat. I next tried sheering it out with a damp sponge. The effect was slightly better, but still not very flattering, as it seemed to emphasize my pores and lines. On my third attempt I decided to try it with an illuminating primer (Becca Backlight Priming Filter) and the sponge. Slightly better but still not flattering. I think the problem is the foundation's texture and how it works on my skin. It provides high coverage for discolorations but does nothing to smooth or blur textural imperfections. I may have been better off trying the Serum Foundation in this line. For now, I'll go back to my current faves -- MUFE Ultra HD in R250 which for me is perfect match colour-wise and looks very natural while providing medium coverage, and the Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-free foundation in N25, which provides higher coverage without looking cakey and is soothing on my skin when it is feeling irritated in the winter.

on 5/30/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I finally received this yesterday after weeks on the waiting list and am moved to review.

I've become a bit of an Ordinary advocate for the price and the quality. With few exceptions I've been really pleased and this is no different (the Argireline and the Vit C suspension I'm on the fence over).

I was uncertain about ordering a foundation without any concept of how the shades may appear in reality. I'm fair, probably with pinkish undertones but not so pink I wanted to choose the P shades. I went with 1.1N as I thought that would be safest bet. For reference, I usually wear Giorgio Armani LSF in 2 or 3.

I'm so impressed. The coverage is good - heavier than GA LSF but still natural and not so heavy I feel caked. I'm happy with the colour. I thought the tone was wrong initially but it's nicely warmed up throughout the day and I don't think it's worn off in any areas.

On the few rare occasions I deviate from GA LSF, I'm never 100% happy with the result but I'm thrilled with this. I can see myself wearing this for daytime/work and saving the GA for more special occasions. Although I like the coverage and finish on this so much I can see it taking over.

Regardless of the price, it's a serious contender and factoring it in, it's a total winner.

Looking forward to trying the Serum formulation at some point and I'll probably also purchase a darker tint for when I fake tan.

As I'm only a day in with this product, I will update should my view change for better or worse. This is also why I haven't given this product 5 stars, I want to wait and see if I stand by this review in a few days or weeks.