Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

1.7

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 9/16/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Damn. I wanted to love it so much because of the perfect color match and the price... unfortunately, the formula was just too thin and instantly wiped off no matter how long you let it set with powder. It settled throughout the day, clung to dry patches and aged your skin. Super disappointing.

EDIT 5/10/17 :
Personally, I realized that the best way to make this foundation work was to mix it with another high coverage foundation. I mixed it with the taste's sea foundation and it lasted much longer without caking and running off and mild oiliness throughout the day. So if you do have other foundations at your disposable, I suggest trying to experiment with it If you really want it to last.

on 6/23/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wish I could give this product 2.5 lippies because I think it is truly middle of the road. I bought two of the serum foundations, and two of the high coverage. I bought two colours of each because it's always so hard to tell online. I'm somewhere between NC20 and 25 right now but I have a LOT of freckles, and that makes me look darker even though my neck is quite light.

Wow the Coverage is INCREDIBLY opaque. The texture is quite similar to the serum foundation - a nice thick liquid with a slightly silicone-y feeling and a pretty matte dry-down. The serum foundation is probably half as opaque as the full coverage, however I would say it's at least still a medium coverage foundation.

I got both 1.2YG and 2.0YG - neither are shimmery. They are quite olive toned. Girls who have a hard time finding an olive liquid foundation, I'd suggest you try these!

The 1.2N is the best colour match for me - it's a true light neutral colour. In the summer I'm going to mix the 1.2YG into it to match my tiny little bit of a warm tan on the rest of my body.

Now for the application - it's a bit finicky. You have to use quite little and put it on in very thin layers, otherwise it gets slippy, slidy, and greasy throughout the day. I usually put a very thin light layer on my whole face, then go back in over the chin, nose and inner forehead where I get redness.

I do have to powder and setting spray this formula or else it does wear off in patches like other reviewers have mentioned. But it's not a sticky formula like some - it won't rub off on your hand or anything like that.

To be honest, I can't believe people were so harsh in their reviews considering this is less than $7. It's better than any drugstore liquid foundation that I've tried (that's not discontinued.... RIP many old loves!) and it's cheaper too.

*edit* - ended up putting it down to 2 lippies. I threw it out - never reached for it.

on 6/15/2017 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Of course, each of us has different skin and different requirements for what is successful -- I like this formula because it works for me. I think it is an excellent foundation and easily fits in among my top favorite foundations: Chanel Vitalumiere, Guerlain Parure de Lumiere, and Lancome Renergie Lift. The price is remarkable!

I have mature skin which tends to be dry and I have a tiny amount of rosacea on my cheeks. I've been faithful about using several products from The Ordinary (Vitamin C,E,Ferulic acid; Niacinamide + Zinc; Advanced Retinoid 2%; Matrixyl 10%; Rose Hip Seed Oil; 100% Squalene; Buffet....) I follow a specific regimen for a.m. and p.m. to keep my skin healthy and moisturized.

Before I apply this foundation I use a foundation primer (from Hourglass, Smashbox or The Ordinary). I use a combination of my fingers and a buffing brush to apply the foundation. I set my foundation with a light application of translucent powder (Bare Minerals) or ByeBye Pores (IT Cosmetics).

The Ordinary Coverage foundation works well for me. I've also had great success by mixing a bit of the Serum Foundation along with the Coverage foundation. My skin looks flawless, it covers my bits of rosacea, it doesn't accentuate my pores or wrinkles. The Coverage Foundation lasts through the work day for me and into the evening with no patchiness or wearing off. That is a success, for me.

on 6/13/2017 9:39:00 AM

Waited so long for this but it was awful patchy hardly any coverage yuck

The packaging and price are nice on this, but that's about it. I absolutely hated this. I bought this when it first came out and waited forever for it to come- but that was fine, as I knew it would take a long time, so I don't hold that against it! I was so excited when it came. I also bought the High Adherence Silicone Primer because Wayne Goss used this in his YouTube video trying it (and it's cheap too).

I got 1.1 N and 1.2 N- the 1.2N was really yellow, but both still worked okay color wise on my skin.

It was awful. Truly awful. I tried it with the high adherence primer, by the end of the day it had worn off in patches, looked like it hardly covered. It was even kind of greasy. Totally awful. It looked good for about 3 minutes after I applied it with my brush (I use an Artis copy brush from Crown that I got in a Boxycharm)

So the next day I tried it with my favorite primer, the UD Optical Illusion primer- that normally makes me look airbrushed- and it was the same thing. Truly awful. I tried it with my RT sponge, awful. I tried it with my Elf prep and hydrate primer. Awful.

After looking awful at work for so many days, I decided never again. So now I'm trying to figure out if I will give this to someone with dryer skin (I have combo/dry) or just throw it out.

I have to say, I've tried the high adherence primer with my regular foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and I really like the primer. So there's that.

I love a lot of things from The Ordinary- this is absolutely not one of them.

My HG foundation is UD All Nighter so I already had low expectations of this product - and I was not disappointed. Despite being highly pigmented, it performed poorly. I use a Sigma flat top Kabuki brush to apply my foundation. This is so runny and covers nothing. I would compare this to a tinted moisturizer. After an hour my face was a shiny mess and I do not have oily skin. I used Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and this still ran right off my face. The pump is nice but why no cap? The only good thing I can say about this is that it was cheap.

I thought that I was so lucky to purchase Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation before they were sold out.

I purchased three shades, 1.0P, 1.1P and 2.1 P. All are suppose to be for fair skin with pink undertones. They took ages to get here to Australia but they finally arrived and I have been playing with them for about two weeks now. Comes in a pump bottle and one pump is enough to cover your whole face and neck.

1.0P and 1.1P are very light but 2.1P came out mustard yellow. If you mix in the lighter shades, it does make it wearable but on its own it is not for fair skin.

All I can say is BIG disappointment. This is suppose to be their full coverage foundation as opposed to their serum which provides light coverage. This foundation didn't even cover my redness after two applications. I tried, blending with my fingers, brush and blender and all ended up with the same result, very poor coverage.

Within an hour the foundation was wearing away on the high points of my face, forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. My face looked like I had patches of foundation showing through my real skin, my skin felt dry, red and splotchy but looked oily and shiny. It is very cold here in Australia, heading into winter so I can't even blame it on hot weather, making my foundation slide.

I used The Ordinary Primer and my usual Kat Von D primer and neither helped this foundation to stay put. My skin looked red and my nose shiny, which considering I have very dry skin and haven't suffered from oiliness in over 30 years is a feat in its self. This foundation just doesn't last, even with a good dusting of finishing powder and setting spray.

I applied the darker 2.1P foundation which was very yellow and then applied the lighter 1.0P over the top for a fuller, lighter shade coverage that matched my skintone but nothing I did could save this foundation from a negative review.

It showed every flaw, pore and wrinkle to spectacular effect and is not worth the money spent. It may be a cheap foundation ($13 in Australia) but I have had cheaper foundations work much better.

After being very impressed with their skincare range their foundation is a huge letdown.

As for the YouTube Gurus who give this product a thumbs up review, they are all #influencersforprofit and I would take everything they say with a grain of salt, it's all part of their pay check. I only ever use YouTube to try and colour match skin tones, I will use my own brain to make up my mind if a product is good or not. The best places for honest reviews is right here at MakeupAlley and go by what the majority say as it is always suspicious when one or two positives out of a whole bunch of negatives say it's great, that's usually the company trying to even the score. Instead of letting the people speak they should be spending their time improving their shabby product.