Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

3.3

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 10/30/2017 6:37:00 PM

I am slightly torn on this foundation because of how totally matte it is. I think if you have skin that is either normal, oily or very oily The Ordinary Coverage Foundation could be a good one for you to try. I have very dry skin, and even more so during the cold Minnesota winters. This foundation is just far too matte for me to use, and even with a moisturizing primer underneath.

Perhaps if you have dry skin and aren't looking for a full coverage foundation you could use this foundation by mixing it into a moisturizer and create your own custom tinted moisturizer. This foundation is so highly pigmented that it would work well like this. Perhaps that is what I will do with the remainder of this product. I really appreciate that this is a fragrance free foundation because those can be hard to find.

In my opinion this foundation would work best for a younger person (no fine lines for this to settle into), looking for a very full coverage foundation, who has skin that is very oily.

on 10/23/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I joined the queue waiting (impatiently) for its delivery on launch - let me tell you it felt like forever! In the meantime mixed reviews began filtering out leaving me somewhat skeptical. So, I didn't try this for a while - what a mistake. This, for me, is a lovely foundation - as it's pigment, you don't get that horrid cakey look and because of that it's totally buildable. It's a different concept of foundation but it just works. A word of caution - this is VERY matte, and us more mature ladies will need to add some life (ie. light) back into our skin; hourglass works a treat. For the incredibly low price point it is worth a try. It's a brilliant, cheap everyday foundation, but I have to admit for nights out and special occasions I prefer the EL Nude foundation as it gives a lovely glow ( not greasy look). For reference I'm NW20 and bought shade 2.0 which works a treat.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

I love The Ordinary foundations! I think for day-to-day, running around when you don't want to wear your Armani or Koh Gen Do $70 foundations, this fits the bill perfectly. Would I wear it on my wedding day? No. But for everyday it's amazing.

I apply mine right after moisturizer and then a light diffusing primer. Currently loving the Becca Backlight. This is a fairly flat finish foundation, so the glow primer helps give it more of a satin finish, which I prefer in my 30's. The combination of the light diffusing and applying it right after moisturizer helps it become more of a medium coverage vs. a full coverage look.

I set with powder and a setting spray and get all day wear. I have dry, sensitive skin and this doesn't cling or get patchy. The Fair shades didn't oxidize on me much, but the Light shades did, as I got into the level 2 shades. I have been using a combination of 1.1N and 1.2N. I think if you are trying to decide between shades, go with the lighter one, because these do oxidize somewhat and dry a bit darker than when first applied.

It should be noted that I typically hate drugstore foundations. Not because I'm a beauty snob (quite the opposite, I think there is a thrill in finding affordable products that deliver). The finish is always too dewy or too matte. As a makeup artist, I need the base to be flawless, or else the rest of the look will be a hot mess - I typically use Armani, Koh Gen Do, and RCMA. Again, not trying to be a snob, just illustrating that I'm really picky about my foundations. Also, there must be an ingredient in most drugstore foundations that makes my skin burn and breaks me out the next day so badly. I usually avoid drugstore foundations altogether.

So I approached The Ordinary foundations with some skepticism that they'd actually work. The serum foundation was ok for me, but the Full Coverage has really become a go-to for me. No burning, no breakouts, and a nice, natural skin-like finish. It also doesn't feel heavy at all, which I love. I think The Ordinary really did a nice job with this foundation.

I did a swatch video of all the shades I purchased, because I did have some trouble deciding from their site:

on 9/19/2017 10:30:00 AM

I started wearing foundation at the age of 27. I could get away with concealer and powder for the longest, but my skin is aging and I've always had a quite a bit of redness. I haven't tried a lot of foundations. I took a chance on The Ordinary Coverage foundation and am really pleased with it. I've repurchased it once. I had the lightest color (1.0N) which was too light for me but still worked out. I repurchased and picked 1.2N and it's perfect.

On hot days, it does separate a bit when I sweat. I can't actually see the separation on my face. I just notice it when I touch the oily parts of my face. One lippie off for that. I am so pleased with the flawless base that it gives me that I can't really find any other issues to gripe about with this product. It also doesn't look like a mask, which is important to me.

on 9/16/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Damn. I wanted to love it so much because of the perfect color match and the price... unfortunately, the formula was just too thin and instantly wiped off no matter how long you let it set with powder. It settled throughout the day, clung to dry patches and aged your skin. Super disappointing.

EDIT 5/10/17 :
Personally, I realized that the best way to make this foundation work was to mix it with another high coverage foundation. I mixed it with the taste's sea foundation and it lasted much longer without caking and running off and mild oiliness throughout the day. So if you do have other foundations at your disposable, I suggest trying to experiment with it If you really want it to last.

on 9/11/2017 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is amazing for the price, I can't believe it. I wouldn't say it's full coverage, but it does build nicely.

I am about nc10-15 and tried 1.0N and did not like it (it was too neutral/pink for me and oxidized. I decided to give this foundation another try, as I was in a Deciem store and could swatch and try them in person. I got 1.1N (perfect for NC15) and 1.2Y which works for me with a light tan, even more yellow toned and perfect.

The packaging is nice and lightweight, nothing fancy but effective, although the pump area can get messy and grubby since it's a black matte texture.

I'd say try it, it's so cheap and really nice, if it doesn't work for you it's really no lose. I have dry-normal skin and it sat nicely. I set the foundation with Laura mercier loose setting powder with a wet beauty blender sponge and got very nice looking skin.

on 9/8/2017 3:39:00 PM

The yellow is slightly too yellow for my skin but the consistency and finish is as good as a premium brand...

on 9/6/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The price is good and the packaging is great. This foundation is just so-so. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's great for a light makeup day or quick application. It has great coverage but makes my skin look meh and flat. I don't notice any youthfulness, brightening or plumpness after applying, which I can get with my other foundations. It doesn't stay on my face as long either. I don't have to use a setting powder with this foundation because it seems to dry down a bit. I appreciate that aspect because powders tend to bring out my skin texture. The colors are slightly off. There isn't a good shade for neutral tones. I found they are very yellow or pink. My perfect match is Nars Gobi (NC15) so I purchased 1.1N. It is a bit too light so I think 1.2N is better. I like how thin the formula is while still giving coverage. It accentuates the texture around my nose more than I'd like. By the end of the day, my face is very shiny and looks slick. I don't like that since I wear glasses and it tends to get all over the nosepiece. I will continue to use it, but probably won't purchase more.

on 8/25/2017 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the 1.0 NS with the silver highlights. It didn't work as a foundation itself for me as I have a lot of redness to cover but it is AMAZING to mix with my UD Naked Skin foundation. It adds this perfect subtle highlight and lightens my foundation to the prefect shade. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this as a foundation additive, just a couple drops and boom gorgeous finish.