Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 2/21/2018 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
Beautiful real-skin finish
Hides all my freckles but somehow still looks natural
DOES NOT BUDGE
Easy to apply
Does not sink into pores or fine lines
Useful pump bottle
So cheap

Cons:
Implied to be high coverage but it is medium (which I actually prefer but it's a bit sneaky)
Feels a bit drying
Sinks into my (admittedly intense) mouth-nose smile lines. Probably not best for those with deeper wrinkles

It's so weird to me that there are SO MANY bad reviews - I'm even wondering if they changed the formula! I bought it January 2018.
This is the only liquid foundation that has ever worked for me, ever. The Ordinary Coverage foundation looks like my skin, but flawless. You can't even tell I'm wearing foundation, but my skin is smooth and blemish-free. I bought the palest shade and it suits perfectly. I wear it with the High Adherence Primer by TO, and no powder over the top. I actually tried it with powder and it looked very dry. I will try setting spray in the near future. I find this stays all day, and I even have trouble getting it off.

Before trying this foundation, I was literally at a loss. I thought I would never find foundation that looks good on me.
I do have to be honest and say the only non-drugstore foundation I've bought is the Benefit Hello Flawless and it was unbelievably bad. All the others are drugstore, like Rimmel, Maybelline, L'oreal, and nothing has ever worked. Like it doesn't even look like foundation, it's like I've smeared oily-but-dry cream over my face, and it comes straight off if I touch it. Interestingly, the problems I have with all other foundations are what a lot of people seem to be finding with The Ordinary. And I see a lot of reviews that say this is the only thing that works for them, so I'm wondering if it's suited to a very specific skin type.

I have given 4 instead of 5 stars because it's really medium coverage and they imply it's high (although I went back to the site and they don't actually say it outright; they actually say it "avoids a heavy makeup look"). It also feels a bit drying on my skin, though it still looks smooth. I wouldn't recommend it for people with more than medium-dry skin. Given the price I should probably bump it up to a 5 but I almost never give full marks. And it definitely oxidises, but it just happens to oxidise to my perfect skin colour lol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this, but it just sat on the skin, ended up cakey, breaking apart, & didn't last. Im really disappointed. The color match was good though.

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. Oily combination skin with acne scar but no active or cystic acne at the moment.

I have been really enjoying this foundation. For the shade to work for me I ordered both 2.0YG and 2.1Y and mix 1.5 pumps of 2.0YG with 0.5 pump of 2.1Y. The coverage is not as full as they intend to but I would say it has a good medium to full coverage. I'm not sure if it's that buildable because this does require more time to set comparing to my others. It blends nicely and stays all day. Granted I have yet tried this in the summer when I'm perpetually drenched in sweat but I do have high hopes for it. It doesn't do much for oil control but nor it claims to be. With some minimal blotting my face looks fresh again. I also really love the price (who doesn't) and the simple and no frills packaging. It comes with a pump with a lock and that's even better for traveling.

The shade range for this is actual,y quite good. The only gripe I have about this is there is quite a big jump between the two seemingly very close shades I purchased. 2.0YG was pretty true to the description with a strong yellow golden tone but 2.1Y all so a sudden seems at least 3 shades darker and very orange. Hopefully they will improve on that.

Overall very amazed and glad I ordered it and already ordered backups for this. Will recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Makes my skin look dry and patchy and has no oil control, wouldn’t buy again

on 1/18/2018 6:25:00 PM

My main issue with all foundations is that I tend to "flake up" whenever they touch my facial skin. That's really bad with this one, which seems quite packed with powdery pigments.
It might look nice on someone without that problem, at least if you want rather high coverage. It seems to have very fine light reflecting pigments, as advertised - it has that a subtle sheen at the same time as the finish is kinda matte.

Note on application: I'm pretty sure a sponge would soak this one straight up. Fingers are probably best with this one.

on 1/16/2018 10:15:00 AM

Affordable with nice packaging but I do not consider this a quality product. Does not apply well, sits on skin and does not blend, and then it goes flakey throughout the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've pretty much copied and pasted sections of this onto my review of the Serum foundation just because I love them both so much. So don't be surprised if it sounds familiar haha.

This and the serum foundation are one of my absolute favourite foundations ever. The ease of using this product is absolutely unbeatable. I find I'm always reaching for this or the serum foundation when I want a quick and no fuss, idiot proof, natural foundation (which is most days). It's got everything I'm looking for: looks natural, covers and blends well, doesn't sink into lines or clumps around my nose and forehead and when it begins fading (as it inevitably will on my oily skin) it does so naturally. It's so quick and easy to apply as well, just a one or two minutes with my foundation brush or fingers when I'm lazy. Very minimal blending required.

In comparison to the Serum Foundation, this is obviously heavier coverage and the texture is thicker. It's still equally as easy to apply, but because the colour match isn't 100% accurate for me, I have to be more careful with the blending. I find I reach for this when i'm short on time and need good coverage quickly, whereas I tend to spend more time layering the serum foundation on.

Based on the other reviews, I think this foundation works best with a primer. Since I've got oily skin, I always use a primer anyway to help combat the oiliness no matter what foundation I'm wearing.

I've used this in England and Singapore, and this foundation works in both climates. It wears away a little more quickly in Singapore, but due to the humidity and heat, it's to be expected.

It's colour range isn't that great, I couldn't find one to be an exact match for my skin but the difference isn't obvious at all and it's easy to blend away the difference. It's so cheap that I ended up buying 2 colours and blending them together.

Would definitely repurchase this again! And again and again. I love the packaging, and the product and price are unbeatable.

on 12/29/2017 10:18:00 AM

For a person who has an oily skin like me, so far this product is so good because it has matte finish. The coverage was medium i think.. but it can be build to high coverage. The dissapoinment is, it transferrable easily.. when you wore it on a long time, it can be easily stick on your clothes or tissue or something and somewhat can be cakey.. but overall, like the title of this foundation, the coverage is good & it sets quickly on my skin.. & it can controls my oily skin well☺️👌

on 12/22/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really enjoyed this foundation and was happy about buying it, since it was under £6 and arrived early(I got mine from cultbeauty). The shade I got was 2.1Y which I was on the fence about as at the moment, my skin tone is quite pale opposed to the summer when I get quite tanned. From reviews I watched on YouTube, I thought the shade would be too dark to wear in the autumn and winter but surprisingly it matched quite well and this is one of the foundations that have matched me the best. It’s just the right amount of yellow/warm tone and a bit olive(which I think matches my complexion better than a warmer tone). For my oily skin, it wasn’t the greatest as it did get quite oily quickly and I noticed it transferred very easily. However, my friend complemented me and told me my face looked very Dewey, rather than greasy, as if I made it Dewey on purpose which I was rather happy about.

I have acne prone skin with scars so I looked for coverage in this foundation and it definitely did deliver! I was quite happy with the consistency as it wasn’t thick at all, nor too runny so I felt comfortable putting it on. It didn’t break me out and covered up the majority of my dark scars, which I typically use concealer to cover after foundation application.

I mix this in with a paler foundation at the moment as it fits my skin better and since my skin is combination and dry in some areas, it has been helping as my foundation is quite matte. Overall, I recommend it and think everyone should try it, it’s under £10 and worth a try!

on 12/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation but it just didn't deliver.
The initial application was promising, it went on like a dream with smooth and even coverage. The colour was good, if a little dark (I chose 1.1N ). However after only about half an hour my skin tuned into an oil slick and within a couple of hours the majority of it had slid right off my face. I've never really had a problem with breakouts but after a few days my skin was awful. I know that sometimes you have to stick with a product for your skin to get used to it, which is exactly what I did, but there has been absolutely no change after nearly two months. I've since gone back to using trusty Revlon Colorstay and my skin has cleared up again.