Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.3

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I own this foundation in 3 shades-1.2Y, 1.2YG, 2.0YG, 2.1P and 2.1Y. All 5 have yellow undertones to them, with the1.2 YG and 2.0YG shades having the most yellow to them, due to them having added gold accents to them And, out of the 4 colors mentioned, the only ones that stay true to color are 1.2Y, 1.2YG, and 2.0YG, and 2.0YG, while 2.1P and 2.1Y definitely oxidize for sure. I initially started with 2.1P, and even went on to order 2.1Y, however, due to neither of them being perfect matches for my medium skintone, due to how much they ended up oxidizing on me, I had to find much lighter shades to mix them with, which is how I ended up buying 1.2Y, 1.2YG and 2.0YG. Unfortunately, if you have a true medium toned complexion like I do, neither the 2.1P or 2.1Y, are truly suitable for anyone who is not super tan in complexion (which I am not). Because both 2.1P and 2.1Y both happen to come off much more yellow and quite darker in tone than what is shown on the Internet of both of these shades.

Shades 2.1P gives off a very yellowish, very brown look to my face that does pull orange in undertone quickly after application. and 2.1Y, gives off a very yellow, very tanned look, to my face, that pulls even more orange in tone quickly after application than 2.1P does! I have an undertone that sometimes pulls more pink, while sometimes my skin's undertone appears more peachy. Which is why, when it comes to buying foundations online, it is always such a really hard task. Within The Ordinary's Medium category of shades, it's unfortunate that there's only 2 shades offered. Because for a lot of people that have medium complexions, these two shades definitely will not be a perfect match for you at all!

The opening to the pumps on The Ordinary foundations stay with foundation on them. It's hard to avoid this due, to the way that the foundation comes out. So, that is definitely something to be aware of, which is why, I keep all of The Ordinary foundations that I have within the individual boxes that they came in.

Now, I have never had to have to wait a long time to get any of The Ordinary foundations that I have ordered at all, which was a great thing. There are currently 21 shades offered, however, please be aware, that finding a complete shade match may be impossible for quite a number of people, so having to mix more than one foundation shade to get ones perfect match is something that I can see many people having to do, just like me. Also, please be aware of the oxidation situation that is common to quite a lot of The Ordinary's Foundations.

Right off the bat, The Ordinary's Coverage foundation doesn't provide full coverage upon initial application. However, it can be built up to ones desired level of coverage, even full coverage. I have only tried this foundation with a foundation brush and not a beauty blender (or one of its dupes), a cosmetic wedge, or my fingers. With a brush, you can get fuller coverage, than if one were to use their fingers or a beauty blender instead. Oh and even though the Coverage version is supposed to give more coverage than the Serum version, I don't notice a huge difference between the two coverage wise at all.

When it comes to my skin, I have sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin. Plus, I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face as well. I can say that that the use of a setting powder over this foundation is necessary. As, this foundation does not dry down to a matte finish, but instead has a finish that borders somewhat on being dewy, yet still looks natural. However, unfortunately, this foundation will transfer if not set well with powder, no matter your skintype.

The Ordinary Foundations have absolutely no scent to them at all. Also, I do not experience any really noticeable issues with them creasing or caking on me, however this may largely be due to my setting the foundation very well. And, I have not experienced any issues with this foundation causing lots of acne breakouts to erupt on my face at all, even though I have tried a lot of foundations have caused me to breakout constantly.

The Ordinary Foundations have become my go to foundations. As, I switch back and forth between the Full Coverage version and the Serum version, based upon my personal preference for the day or night. I think that any skintype can wear this foundation. Of course with any foundation, you have to set it well (with my powder of choice being the Ben Nye Banana Powder), for it to wear for a very long-time on the face, and for it to stay completely out and not transfer. If you happen to have oily or very oily skin, you will need to touch up with powder, or use an oil blotting sheet or sheets throughout the day, in order to keep your face as matte as possible for a very long time, until you take this foundation off. Because of my dry skintype, I set this foundation very well, and I don't find myself having to do any re-touches with powder throughout the day at all.

My biggest con in regards to the Deciem foundations is that there is no single shade within the line that is a perfect match for me. And, after a while, always having to mix two shades together in order to get a close enough match, become quite tedious to do. However, at this point, I have found a foundation line that I don't have to mix and match shades with, and that is all around a much better foundation, and that is the L.A. Colors Truly Matte foundation, which is definitely the best foundation that I can say, that I've ever tried!

I did buy thie Serum foundation from off of the Deciem website. The foundation currently retails for $6.90 U.S. dollars (for all of those that are interested). I don't have anymore plans to be ordering anymore Deciem foundations, as neither their Serum or Coverage foundations give me everything that I am looking for in a foundation. While, LA. Colors Truly Matte foundation does.

on 7/14/2017 7:28:00 AM

I do like this product but it doesn't last at all! I have a few foundations that can be a shade too dark after they oxides but if I put this or the serum version over it omg it lasts alllll day won't rub off at all won't cling to dry places (that I don't even have!) honestly mixing this makes a huge difference.
I got the shade 1.1n and 1.0n in the serum and after a few minutes it alters slightly to your skin tone (which it does says on the website) In mac I'm a nc15 and the neutral tone of the 1.1n is perfect.
Don't love it but don't hate it but for the price I'll take it! (£5.90)

on 6/12/2017 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It took forever to arrive. It looks great when freshly applied but really disappears quickly. I have redness around my nose and inner cheeks and it really doesn't do a great job of covering that for long. I stuck it in a drawer - I'll use it...sometime...maybe. But honestly, you'll get better coverage out of Maybelliene - which runs around the same price.

on 6/11/2017 11:41:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product after Wayne Goss recommended it. I have both pink and yellow undertones and can usually either wear NW20 or NC20 in MAC. I hopped on eBay and found 1.2N for a reasonable price (more than you would usually pay, but not outrageous). I received it quickly and tried it on the next day with The Ordinary primer. My daughter also tried it with the Pores No More primer. I am 46 and have dry skin and my daughter is 23 and has oily skin. For both of us, it went on beautifully. We used the MAC 196 foundation brush. It gave full coverage and left a soft finish. We each topped it with a light dusting of powder, I used MAC prep and prime transparent loose powder and she used MAC Studio Fix Powder. For me throughout the day, it became more yellow. By the end of the day, it was really yellow and I looked like I used the color banana on my face. In addition, it didn't hold up. Even with my dry skin, it faded on my chin, nose, and cheeks enough that it was obvious. For my daughter, within an hour, it oxidized the other way and became really orange, which was crazy because it has yellow undertones, and separated on her nose, chin, and cheeks so that it looked like she was two completely different colors and the makeup was floating on top. She immediately took it off and went back to her MAC. I was so disappointed in this product.