Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros: Colour selection is amazing! Like the pump packaging.Price is so great. This could be a great starter foundation.
Cons: It does not last on the skin. It doesnt seem to set. I put 1 pump of this in with my high end foundation just to adjust the colour slightly and it really affects the lasting power of the other foundation, which is very rare when I mix it with others. I really wanted this to work, but not for me. :( Maybe if your skin isnt so oily.

on 10/23/2017 1:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I joined the queue waiting (impatiently) for its delivery on launch - let me tell you it felt like forever! In the meantime mixed reviews began filtering out leaving me somewhat skeptical. So, I didn't try this for a while - what a mistake. This, for me, is a lovely foundation - as it's pigment, you don't get that horrid cakey look and because of that it's totally buildable. It's a different concept of foundation but it just works. A word of caution - this is VERY matte, and us more mature ladies will need to add some life (ie. light) back into our skin; hourglass works a treat. For the incredibly low price point it is worth a try. It's a brilliant, cheap everyday foundation, but I have to admit for nights out and special occasions I prefer the EL Nude foundation as it gives a lovely glow ( not greasy look). For reference I'm NW20 and bought shade 2.0 which works a treat.

on 9/16/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Damn. I wanted to love it so much because of the perfect color match and the price... unfortunately, the formula was just too thin and instantly wiped off no matter how long you let it set with powder. It settled throughout the day, clung to dry patches and aged your skin. Super disappointing.

EDIT 5/10/17 :
Personally, I realized that the best way to make this foundation work was to mix it with another high coverage foundation. I mixed it with the taste's sea foundation and it lasted much longer without caking and running off and mild oiliness throughout the day. So if you do have other foundations at your disposable, I suggest trying to experiment with it If you really want it to last.

on 9/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this for the first time. In my opinion, this matches the quality of the expensive brands. I have light-medium, acne prone skin, with neutral undertones. I purchased 2.0 N, and the color is perfect. It applied easily, with medium coverage and a natural-looking finish. My skin looks a bit candle-lit. If you find that this foundation makes your skin look dull, the color is probably a shade too dark for you. If I find that it doesn't last the day, or creates any other problem, I will update this post, but for now, I'm really happy with this.
UPDATE: I have used this multiple times now, and I still give it 5 stars. For those who complain that it's watery, shake the bottle before dispensing. This imparts a wonderful finish to my skin and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day (I use oil at least once a day, so my skin doesn't need to produce more oil on its own). I prefer to apply it with a thick brush rather than a sponge.

on 7/29/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the YouTube hype. I think a lot of the bloggers who think this is the holy grail of cheap foundations were paid to do so. Like other reviewers on here, the damn stuff never sets, even with powder and setting spray. You can see it sitting on the skin, and as someone with combo skin, it looked awful on both the oily and dry parts of my face, making each area look worse than it is. I found it turned more yellow throughout the day, giving me a nice jaundice look for work. The packaging is nice, but the product is not great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this so bad! Because it's cheap, I figured I could get it for both evenings out (when I want more coverage) and to mix it with other stuff, for my daily tinted moisturizer (I use sunscreen, foundation, and a bit of shimmer cream to illuminate).

However, it keeps sliding off my face, like if I touch it, there is going to be a finger mark. It doesn't ever set, and feels tacky on the skin unless I use a lot of setting powder. It highlights my imperfections in a really weird way, like dryness I didn't even know was there. It doesn't even play well with others, cause it doesn't matter what I mix it with, it's just going to ruin the other products.

I used it yesterday with a drop of my face shimmer, and after Sunday Riley's tinted primer, and when I came across a mirror I realized with sheer horror that it just looked like a greasy layer on top of my skin. If anything had touched my face, like my sleeve or a tissue, it would just have been wiped off. It seems to me very unlikely that the people who tested this foundation before it was released never had this problem.

I'd like to add that I exfoliate my skin really well once a week, and use acids at night, so it generally have a healthy, smooth and non-clogged skin, which constitutes a good canvas; I never came across a foundation that never sets, it's completely new to me, and I don't use that much product- I'm careful and build it up progressively.

I can't possibly recommend it to anyone. It's cheap, but it's also really, really bad. Don't bother buying.

Edit: Case in point > I dropped the tiniest bit of product on the lid of another product and didn't notice. Days after I used it, it never dried out. When I touched it to wipe it off, it was still as liquid as the first day. I think this is just not meant to set at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really wanted to like this, because it's so affordable and has natural ingredients. Was also hoping for a light foundation for Summer months, but something that would stop me getting oily in my pesky t-zone. I matched well to the 1.1n (I'm MAC NC15) and I like the way it applies, a little does go a long way and it still feels light on the skin. It also has a semi-matte finish, which is nicer than a flat matte look.However, as soon as I've applied the problems start... it never sets, just feels like it's sitting there on top of my skin. I've tried with and without primer (ordinary's own), with and without powder, and the results are the same. I only have to touch my face and it comes off onto my finger, leaving a nice streak. In a few hours I'm a mess of grease and separated, oxidized foundation. Thankfully I didn't pay more for this, otherwise I'd feel completely swindled by the promises. Maybe it would work for those with drier skin, but definitely not for me.

on 5/27/2017 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Only recieved this today after a 1 month wait. Have wore it for most of today and so far I am really pleased. I have shade 2.1Y which is a tad dark but once I get a little more tanned it will be perfect, would say similar shade to NC35. Wears well, I have combination skin and this is holding up fine. Gives a lovely light sheen to the skin and coverage is pretty good. I only put a thin layer on and it has evened out my skintone well.