Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.2

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 12/6/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to like this product. Honestly though, it wasn't terrible. It has a great range of shades and I was able to find a suitable one without ever trying it in person & just navigating through the shades on The Ordinary website. It's also very affordable. But I've tried better. This sorta oxidised on my skin (maybe I should've gotten a shade lighter, but the same tone) over time, didn't last very long on oilier areas of my face and most of all, wears terribly under sunscreen which is a big no for me. I know it has SPF15, but I've been trying to be diligent with sunscreen because I'm trying to quicken the fading time of my hyperpigmentation marks. This foundation got very cakey when worn over sunscreen. After that I only used this at night but I never ever go out at night anyway, and when I do I've already been out during the day so I would've applied the foundation in the morning so I still would've used sunscreen underneath. I ended up giving this away to my sister (whom I've been estranged with over the last year lol family issues - given to her via my mum) and that's how much I didn't need this foundation in my life. It's an okay foundation, but not the best. If you don't wear sunscreen underneath makeup and your skin isn't too oily, it could be alright for you though.

on 9/22/2017 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is less liquidy than the serum foundation. It has twice as much coverage, that being medium to almost full. I consider full coverage something that could cover a tattoo. It also oxides darker and to a different undertone than it should be like the serum foundation (see pictures). The finish is dewy, yet it clings to texture and dry patches, making your skin look kind of bad. You will need to set it because it doesn't really set/dry down. Even though I set it with powder, after 2 hours, it starts to slide around my face and transfer so easily. I don't consider my skin oily, but oil comes out though the day like anyone. So that's a huge downside.

I will rebuy this because it's cheap and appropriate for running errands. I have acne 'scars' and this is better then nothing. I don't like to use expensive foundation when i'm getting some eggs :)

It's worth trying out. I recommend this over the serum foundation because it covers better, but many people seem to like the serum foundation. Maybe pick up both.

Before and after pictures on blemished skin shown in my video and/or on my blog.

I ordered this foundation because I was really intrigued by the inexpensive pricing and the decent reviews that I had found on it. I found this foundation to be pretty disappointing. When I first applied the foundation it went on really well, felt super lightweight, had decent coverage, and a natural finish. The first couple of hours it stayed looking really good but then after about 4-5 hours my t-zone was very oily (naturally a little oily in the t-zone) and the foundation started to bunch up around the sides of my nose and on my chin. I blotted with a blotting paper and it seemed to help for the rest of the day but it was still bunched up leaving a not so good look. I have other foundations that last much longer than this one, wouldn't recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was really lucky to find the right shade straight away, but ..did not ike it much. It did stick to every single dry patch on my face. Then got better after an hour or so simply because everything did start to get oily. And then it did start to separate. Badly. The sides of my nose were the worst. Medium coverage (I am used to full) .Basically an ok foundation if you are planning to stay out three hours max. Only good point is that it did not break me out , as most foundations do. Will not repurchase and actually gave my two bottles to a friend already. FYI , I am a NC25 in Mac and Sand in Estee Lauder Double Wear and shade 1.2Y was PERFECT.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was really excited to receive this after waiting for around 2 months but sadly it just doesn't work for me. The coverage is poor and it settles into fine lines and breaks down on my skin after about 2 hours. Shade range is great though.

on 6/5/2017 9:35:00 PM

I've been trying out this and the serum foundation for about two weeks now and I love them both! The coverage foundation is great for when I need a bit more than a light-medium coverage. Its definitely not full coverage but covers just enough to make my skin look nearly flawless. I've tried this with probably 5 different primers(both from the Ordinary, YSL blur primer, Laura Mercier radiance, CoverFX illuminating, plus a couple others I know I am forgetting). They all worked well under this foundation but my favourite is actually The Ordinary High Adherence primer. Lasts for 12-14 hours without separating, fading or sinking into any lines! This one is definitely a keeper!