Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.9

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

I hate this foundation.
It sits on my skin, and it looks weird after 2 hours.
Would not repurchase.

Being an Ordinary fan, I tried so hard to love this product, I really did... but gosh it's so DRY. It makes me look at least 5 years older, settles into lines and dries up all patchy. I have oily t-zone and dry cheeks & eyes. Even with heavy moisturizer underneath AND mixing it with more moisture, it doesn't go on right, it dries me up so bad. I tried everything; with and without primer, applying with sponge, different brushes, blending it real nicely, using only very little... but no. The only thing that works is when I get oily later in the day, it looks a lot better then, when my skin has been "eating" the foundation away haha. Needless to say I cannot recommend this to anyone with dry or even normal skin.. And if you're oily it won't last all day either. What a shame, since the colour range and price is amazing. I am back to the high end brands :( (sad for my wallet, good for my temper haha)

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. Oily combination skin with acne scar but no active or cystic acne at the moment.

I have been really enjoying this foundation. For the shade to work for me I ordered both 2.0YG and 2.1Y and mix 1.5 pumps of 2.0YG with 0.5 pump of 2.1Y. The coverage is not as full as they intend to but I would say it has a good medium to full coverage. I'm not sure if it's that buildable because this does require more time to set comparing to my others. It blends nicely and stays all day. Granted I have yet tried this in the summer when I'm perpetually drenched in sweat but I do have high hopes for it. It doesn't do much for oil control but nor it claims to be. With some minimal blotting my face looks fresh again. I also really love the price (who doesn't) and the simple and no frills packaging. It comes with a pump with a lock and that's even better for traveling.

The shade range for this is actual,y quite good. The only gripe I have about this is there is quite a big jump between the two seemingly very close shades I purchased. 2.0YG was pretty true to the description with a strong yellow golden tone but 2.1Y all so a sudden seems at least 3 shades darker and very orange. Hopefully they will improve on that.

Overall very amazed and glad I ordered it and already ordered backups for this. Will recommend.

on 12/29/2017 10:18:00 AM

For a person who has an oily skin like me, so far this product is so good because it has matte finish. The coverage was medium i think.. but it can be build to high coverage. The dissapoinment is, it transferrable easily.. when you wore it on a long time, it can be easily stick on your clothes or tissue or something and somewhat can be cakey.. but overall, like the title of this foundation, the coverage is good & it sets quickly on my skin.. & it can controls my oily skin well☺️👌

on 12/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation but it just didn't deliver.
The initial application was promising, it went on like a dream with smooth and even coverage. The colour was good, if a little dark (I chose 1.1N ). However after only about half an hour my skin tuned into an oil slick and within a couple of hours the majority of it had slid right off my face. I've never really had a problem with breakouts but after a few days my skin was awful. I know that sometimes you have to stick with a product for your skin to get used to it, which is exactly what I did, but there has been absolutely no change after nearly two months. I've since gone back to using trusty Revlon Colorstay and my skin has cleared up again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Truly awful foundation which never quite sets (despite generous application of translucent powder)... and left my normal/slightly combo skin looking greasy within an hour of application. (I caught a glance of my reflection in the office elevator and almost gasped audibly).

I tried this with a number of mattifying primers ....but nothing stopped it from sliding down my face. Trust me...this is one foundation you do not want to wear to a soirée...for fear of leaving traces on the cheeks and couture of your fellow revellers. Air Kissing from a safe distance is the way to go if you do!

For shade ref 2.1y = NC42

on 12/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

It looks good when first applied, quite glowy and natural. It starts to disappear after a couple of hours and also looks quite shiny, which I am not a fan of since my skin is already combination oily.

on 11/15/2017 4:32:00 AM

I have 1.2Y and it's the perfect shade for me. It's been hard to find a shade that is both light and yellow at the same time. Everything always comes up pink on me. Revlon's Superstay in Buff is called yellow-based but it's pink af on my face.

I use only a little bit, less than one pump all over the face, blending with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush to really work it into the skin. Then I set the middle of my face with a little bit of loose powder. I do have oily skin but if I set this foundation with matte powder in winter, I find my skin gets dehydrated after a couple of hours. That's not a good look. We'll see about other seasons. I have worn it without any powder and it's fine, but toes the line between glowy and greasy.

I find that this foundation does not break apart on the skin or settle into lines. I don't use primer. But this is winter so my face isn't as melty as usual.

The coverage is great, but I'm not sure how well this would work for piling on thick. I suspect that, like all other foundations, it wouldn't perform as well as a thin layer. It also does not look good -- like every other foundation -- on peeling or flakey skin.

I don't know what else to say. This is a high quality no-nonsense product. The light yellow 1.2 really, actually, truly is yellow, and light, but not super pale. It costs nothing, it performs well unless your skin is angry and irritated. In that regard it isn't different from anything else. Except it's cheaper and better than most.

A+ from me.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this because of all of the wonderful reviews I've seen on You Tube. Great coverage and low cost, they said.

Pros: The price point is wonderful. Under $7 for a 1 oz bottle is great (plus shipping, of course). The packaging is great. It's a plastic bottle, but it has a good pump on it. It's not fancy, but it's practical. The color range is fabulous. I love how they have warm, cool, and neutral. (I ended up settling on a 1.1N. I am fair (although more so in winter) and pull neither yellow nor pink.)

Cons: I usually use two products in the morning: A moisturizer and my foundation. I use Kat Von D's Tattoo Foundation, and get great coverage with not a lot of product. With The Ordinary, I end up using FOUR products: Moisturizer, primer, a second primer for pores on my oily sections, and the foundation. The foundation doesn't seem to set, either. I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply. It takes forever to apply because it just sits on the skin. I tried using a brush, but because it doesn't set it just streaked everywhere. I also use a lot of product for the same amount of coverage. It leaves me wondering if I would really save money in the long run, because I'd be ripping through bottles of this stuff, where a bottle of KVD lasts me months. It settles in pores, therefore I have to use the primer and a little of The Porefessional in my oily spots. The finish is very matte, which doesn't bode well for my fairly dry skin. KVD is matte, but not THIS matte! (Although I agree with other reviewers, this might be good for oily skin. But beware of the pores!)

IF you need light coverage and have oily skin, this might work for you. Maybe it would set quicker?

THEREFORE, I will not be repurchasing. The application time is the biggest drawback for me, as it doesn't set. It's annoying, frankly. And I just don't think I'd save money in the long run. With shipping I'm paying over $10 a bottle for this, and with KVD I pay $35. I really do think that I go through about three times as much of this.

Bummer. I really wanted to like this.

I was very dissapointed with this,but since it was so cheap didnt think twice when buying it. Im a shade nc25 in mac for reference and summer shade nc 30 and higher. I bought this in shade Y 2.0 and epected it to match me perfectly. It doesnt really but i make it work with powders and etc. When applied it looks grayish and that just pisses me off. Im yellow toned, expected it to be something else,and then after sometime it oxidized it lookes Orange. The darker tone i bought i cant even use. I bought the y2.01 and omg its like im from another planet. That could be used for contouring almost i swear. Once applied the foundation doesnt set,i set it with powder. Will still use it,since it was that cheap but will not repurchase.