Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.9

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 12/29/2017 10:18:00 AM

For a person who has an oily skin like me, so far this product is so good because it has matte finish. The coverage was medium i think.. but it can be build to high coverage. The dissapoinment is, it transferrable easily.. when you wore it on a long time, it can be easily stick on your clothes or tissue or something and somewhat can be cakey.. but overall, like the title of this foundation, the coverage is good & it sets quickly on my skin.. & it can controls my oily skin well☺️👌

on 12/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation but it just didn't deliver.
The initial application was promising, it went on like a dream with smooth and even coverage. The colour was good, if a little dark (I chose 1.1N ). However after only about half an hour my skin tuned into an oil slick and within a couple of hours the majority of it had slid right off my face. I've never really had a problem with breakouts but after a few days my skin was awful. I know that sometimes you have to stick with a product for your skin to get used to it, which is exactly what I did, but there has been absolutely no change after nearly two months. I've since gone back to using trusty Revlon Colorstay and my skin has cleared up again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Truly awful foundation which never quite sets (despite generous application of translucent powder)... and left my normal/slightly combo skin looking greasy within an hour of application. (I caught a glance of my reflection in the office elevator and almost gasped audibly).

I tried this with a number of mattifying primers ....but nothing stopped it from sliding down my face. Trust me...this is one foundation you do not want to wear to a soirée...for fear of leaving traces on the cheeks and couture of your fellow revellers. Air Kissing from a safe distance is the way to go if you do!

For shade ref 2.1y = NC42

on 12/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

It looks good when first applied, quite glowy and natural. It starts to disappear after a couple of hours and also looks quite shiny, which I am not a fan of since my skin is already combination oily.

on 11/15/2017 4:32:00 AM

I have 1.2Y and it's the perfect shade for me. It's been hard to find a shade that is both light and yellow at the same time. Everything always comes up pink on me. Revlon's Superstay in Buff is called yellow-based but it's pink af on my face.

I use only a little bit, less than one pump all over the face, blending with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush to really work it into the skin. Then I set the middle of my face with a little bit of loose powder. I do have oily skin but if I set this foundation with matte powder in winter, I find my skin gets dehydrated after a couple of hours. That's not a good look. We'll see about other seasons. I have worn it without any powder and it's fine, but toes the line between glowy and greasy.

I find that this foundation does not break apart on the skin or settle into lines. I don't use primer. But this is winter so my face isn't as melty as usual.

The coverage is great, but I'm not sure how well this would work for piling on thick. I suspect that, like all other foundations, it wouldn't perform as well as a thin layer. It also does not look good -- like every other foundation -- on peeling or flakey skin.

I don't know what else to say. This is a high quality no-nonsense product. The light yellow 1.2 really, actually, truly is yellow, and light, but not super pale. It costs nothing, it performs well unless your skin is angry and irritated. In that regard it isn't different from anything else. Except it's cheaper and better than most.

A+ from me.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this because of all of the wonderful reviews I've seen on You Tube. Great coverage and low cost, they said.

Pros: The price point is wonderful. Under $7 for a 1 oz bottle is great (plus shipping, of course). The packaging is great. It's a plastic bottle, but it has a good pump on it. It's not fancy, but it's practical. The color range is fabulous. I love how they have warm, cool, and neutral. (I ended up settling on a 1.1N. I am fair (although more so in winter) and pull neither yellow nor pink.)

Cons: I usually use two products in the morning: A moisturizer and my foundation. I use Kat Von D's Tattoo Foundation, and get great coverage with not a lot of product. With The Ordinary, I end up using FOUR products: Moisturizer, primer, a second primer for pores on my oily sections, and the foundation. The foundation doesn't seem to set, either. I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply. It takes forever to apply because it just sits on the skin. I tried using a brush, but because it doesn't set it just streaked everywhere. I also use a lot of product for the same amount of coverage. It leaves me wondering if I would really save money in the long run, because I'd be ripping through bottles of this stuff, where a bottle of KVD lasts me months. It settles in pores, therefore I have to use the primer and a little of The Porefessional in my oily spots. The finish is very matte, which doesn't bode well for my fairly dry skin. KVD is matte, but not THIS matte! (Although I agree with other reviewers, this might be good for oily skin. But beware of the pores!)

IF you need light coverage and have oily skin, this might work for you. Maybe it would set quicker?

THEREFORE, I will not be repurchasing. The application time is the biggest drawback for me, as it doesn't set. It's annoying, frankly. And I just don't think I'd save money in the long run. With shipping I'm paying over $10 a bottle for this, and with KVD I pay $35. I really do think that I go through about three times as much of this.

Bummer. I really wanted to like this.

I was very dissapointed with this,but since it was so cheap didnt think twice when buying it. Im a shade nc25 in mac for reference and summer shade nc 30 and higher. I bought this in shade Y 2.0 and epected it to match me perfectly. It doesnt really but i make it work with powders and etc. When applied it looks grayish and that just pisses me off. Im yellow toned, expected it to be something else,and then after sometime it oxidized it lookes Orange. The darker tone i bought i cant even use. I bought the y2.01 and omg its like im from another planet. That could be used for contouring almost i swear. Once applied the foundation doesnt set,i set it with powder. Will still use it,since it was that cheap but will not repurchase.

on 10/8/2017 12:51:00 AM

This pains me, as I LOVE The Ordinary and generally find that they are well worth the hype, but I do not understand the adoration for this foundation. It's even thinner than DoubleWear but in what I would consider an annoying, hard to manage way. Think of spreading water across your skin. Also, there is absolutely no way I would consider this full coverage. Medium, yes. But I have a couple dark spots of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and this barely covered them, let alone my other minor pigmentation issues. I needed quite a bit of concealer. Even with their high adherence silicone primer AND a setting spray, this stuff did NOT set or settle. It felt kind of tacky throughout the day and rubbed off easily, even when blotting. When I buy full coverage, I expect some staying power, too. Giving this a 3/5 because I think the price and formulation are pretty good, and I can see this working for someone with dry, mostly even toned skin.

on 10/2/2017 6:55:00 PM

I was very excited to try this foundation. Coverage-wise, it's comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear. It is quite full, but not FULL full. You will still need a concealer with this if you have scarring or hyperpigmentation, however, what I tend to do it make my own concealer from the foundation itself. I squirt out a bit into a little put and leave it open so the foundation dries out. I tend to do this before i go to bed, and in the morning the consistency has become thicker, like that of a concealer. I've done this with multiple foundations and it always works, and gives you a concealer that is the exact same shade as your foundation, because it IS your foundation, just thickened up.

Staying power: On oily skin, like mine, with no primer and no powder, this will stay on for about 4 hours until you look like a complete grease ball. If you blot with blotting sheets or some powder, it will stay on another 4 hours, but if you don't blot, it will slide off. I find this foundation doesn't ever set, it feels tacky if you touch it and it transfers very easily if there's no powder to keep it in place. With primer (I use their high adherence silicone primer), I find it stays on a slight bit longer, but it also tends to look better. And if I prep my skin well, use primer and blot a couple times or powder a couple times through the day, it will stay looking good for about 9 hours. Beyond that it just starts to disappear or too much has transferred off and it doesn't look good anymore.

Shade: I have pale skin with yellow undertones. I'm a part-time model but I have acne scarring, and I needed something to replace the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation I had been using for years because it just didn't give enough coverage. I couldn't find a shade close enough to the 51 (Vanilla Clair) that I wore. I had got a bit tanned over summer so I got the shade 1.2Y, because it was the lightest yellow shade they have, but I found it slightly too dark. It works if you blend it a bit down your neck, and if the rest of your body isn't any paler than your face, but it will definitely not match me when my tan disappears. I'm going to try the 1.1N, since it's the next lightest that might work. It is annoying that they have 1.0 and 1.1 shades with pink and neutral undertones but the yellow undertones don't start until 1.2.

Application: I apply this with a Real Techniques sponge. It looks good with the sponge either wet or dry. I've tried applying this with a stippling brush and it somehow made it look really dry and not well blended, I don't know why that was. As for applying with fingers, given how full coverage this is, I don't manage to do a good enough blending job with just fingers.

Look/finish: Finish is always dewy on me unless I powder it. I find that for the time that it lasts, it does look good. It was important for me that it looked good in photography and studio lights and it does. It looks very natural, especially if you apply it on in two very light layers with a sponge. It looks good in day light as well.

Packaging: no complaints. I like foundations with pumps. I do wish the pump had some sort of cap, since little drops left on the nozzle can smear, but I can't complain, especially for the price. That said, I also have the Serum foundation from The Ordinary in the same shade, and the pump on that malfunctioned from the first use, even though it's the exact same packaging. It would seem some are faulty.

Overall, I'm kind of stuck with this foundation. I can't afford to buy high-end foundations yet, and so far I haven't found a foundation at this price point that is as full coverage as this, doesn't break me out, looks natural (if applied well) and gets me by in my modelling jobs. When The Ordinary comes out with something not so super-dewy, tacky-feeling and transfer-y, I will definitely try it.

on 9/19/2017 10:30:00 AM

I started wearing foundation at the age of 27. I could get away with concealer and powder for the longest, but my skin is aging and I've always had a quite a bit of redness. I haven't tried a lot of foundations. I took a chance on The Ordinary Coverage foundation and am really pleased with it. I've repurchased it once. I had the lightest color (1.0N) which was too light for me but still worked out. I repurchased and picked 1.2N and it's perfect.

On hot days, it does separate a bit when I sweat. I can't actually see the separation on my face. I just notice it when I touch the oily parts of my face. One lippie off for that. I am so pleased with the flawless base that it gives me that I can't really find any other issues to gripe about with this product. It also doesn't look like a mask, which is important to me.