Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

3.3

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

I have such a love hate relationship with this foundation. I'm currently on the quest for the right foundation for me, because my skin in a nutshell is:
- Dry
- Very fair with cooler undertones
- Susceptible to rosacea

I got the colour 1.0 NS and it's a perfect match for me and so beautiful. The price is right too. Upon first application, at the end of the day on top of a bit of concealer, this looked so ugly and dry. After some experimentation, I discovered that this is best worn without primer on moisturised skin. This foundation never really sets, but does have good buildable coverage. I prefer my coverage to be light-medium, and you can achieve it with one pump of this foundation, but full coverage can be attained without cakiness, so that's an A+ right there. But now the formula; it never really sets, and will slip off quickly if you do not set this with powder. Be light handed with powder as if you apply too much, it will coagulate because the foundation stays wet, so a C- there. After setting with powder, a setting spray helps melt this into the skin, and it looks natural but really pretty. I live in Australia so it's really hard to get a hold of cheap drugstore foundations. This is definitely the cheapest one I've ever found (at $12 AUD a bottle) and I think it does a good job for the price. The price is definitely right on this one. Though you do have to go to some extra steps to get a good result, it ultimately is a great option for people on tight budgets and gets the job done well and you can rely on it if you need a good go-to foundation.

I love The Ordinary foundations! I think for day-to-day, running around when you don't want to wear your Armani or Koh Gen Do $70 foundations, this fits the bill perfectly. Would I wear it on my wedding day? No. But for everyday it's amazing.

I apply mine right after moisturizer and then a light diffusing primer. Currently loving the Becca Backlight. This is a fairly flat finish foundation, so the glow primer helps give it more of a satin finish, which I prefer in my 30's. The combination of the light diffusing and applying it right after moisturizer helps it become more of a medium coverage vs. a full coverage look.

I set with powder and a setting spray and get all day wear. I have dry, sensitive skin and this doesn't cling or get patchy. The Fair shades didn't oxidize on me much, but the Light shades did, as I got into the level 2 shades. I have been using a combination of 1.1N and 1.2N. I think if you are trying to decide between shades, go with the lighter one, because these do oxidize somewhat and dry a bit darker than when first applied.

It should be noted that I typically hate drugstore foundations. Not because I'm a beauty snob (quite the opposite, I think there is a thrill in finding affordable products that deliver). The finish is always too dewy or too matte. As a makeup artist, I need the base to be flawless, or else the rest of the look will be a hot mess - I typically use Armani, Koh Gen Do, and RCMA. Again, not trying to be a snob, just illustrating that I'm really picky about my foundations. Also, there must be an ingredient in most drugstore foundations that makes my skin burn and breaks me out the next day so badly. I usually avoid drugstore foundations altogether.

So I approached The Ordinary foundations with some skepticism that they'd actually work. The serum foundation was ok for me, but the Full Coverage has really become a go-to for me. No burning, no breakouts, and a nice, natural skin-like finish. It also doesn't feel heavy at all, which I love. I think The Ordinary really did a nice job with this foundation.

I did a swatch video of all the shades I purchased, because I did have some trouble deciding from their site:

on 9/11/2017 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is amazing for the price, I can't believe it. I wouldn't say it's full coverage, but it does build nicely.

I am about nc10-15 and tried 1.0N and did not like it (it was too neutral/pink for me and oxidized. I decided to give this foundation another try, as I was in a Deciem store and could swatch and try them in person. I got 1.1N (perfect for NC15) and 1.2Y which works for me with a light tan, even more yellow toned and perfect.

The packaging is nice and lightweight, nothing fancy but effective, although the pump area can get messy and grubby since it's a black matte texture.

I'd say try it, it's so cheap and really nice, if it doesn't work for you it's really no lose. I have dry-normal skin and it sat nicely. I set the foundation with Laura mercier loose setting powder with a wet beauty blender sponge and got very nice looking skin.

on 8/20/2017 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

i bought this foundation because i've seen all the good reviews about it and it only costs me IDR 170 so i decided to give it a shot. i bought mine in 2.1Y (i'm NC35) and the first time i tried it on my skin i was like "ooo shizz" because the color is sooo yellow-ish and it oxidizes real fast, everytime i use it my face looks waaay darker and i have to set this foundation with a colored pressed powder instead of my RCMA to match my actual skin tone. despite the nice coverage and natural finish, it gets oily within 3-4 hours on my dry skin and that's sooo confusing, even a dewy-finish foundation doesn't make my skin oily, but this one?!?! and the last problem i encountered while i was using this foundation is... it breaks my skin out. my skin is not sensitive, not acne-prone, never reacted badly to any skincare/makeup product before, and i never had a single acne for months before i used this foundation. i tried to love this foundation, had a thought to buy another one in lighter shade, and within a week i totally changed my mind because there's no way i would want to use a foundation that gave me two giant pimples and clogged pores all over my face, not anymore. i guess it's because of the coconut alkanes and a bunch of silicone derivatives in it, though i don't exactly know, i use silicone primer sometimes and some of my foundations also contain silicone but they don't break me out, so maybe this foundation is simply not for me.

on 6/23/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wish I could give this product 2.5 lippies because I think it is truly middle of the road. I bought two of the serum foundations, and two of the high coverage. I bought two colours of each because it's always so hard to tell online. I'm somewhere between NC20 and 25 right now but I have a LOT of freckles, and that makes me look darker even though my neck is quite light.

Wow the Coverage is INCREDIBLY opaque. The texture is quite similar to the serum foundation - a nice thick liquid with a slightly silicone-y feeling and a pretty matte dry-down. The serum foundation is probably half as opaque as the full coverage, however I would say it's at least still a medium coverage foundation.

I got both 1.2YG and 2.0YG - neither are shimmery. They are quite olive toned. Girls who have a hard time finding an olive liquid foundation, I'd suggest you try these!

The 1.2N is the best colour match for me - it's a true light neutral colour. In the summer I'm going to mix the 1.2YG into it to match my tiny little bit of a warm tan on the rest of my body.

Now for the application - it's a bit finicky. You have to use quite little and put it on in very thin layers, otherwise it gets slippy, slidy, and greasy throughout the day. I usually put a very thin light layer on my whole face, then go back in over the chin, nose and inner forehead where I get redness.

I do have to powder and setting spray this formula or else it does wear off in patches like other reviewers have mentioned. But it's not a sticky formula like some - it won't rub off on your hand or anything like that.

To be honest, I can't believe people were so harsh in their reviews considering this is less than $7. It's better than any drugstore liquid foundation that I've tried (that's not discontinued.... RIP many old loves!) and it's cheaper too.

*edit* - ended up putting it down to 2 lippies. I threw it out - never reached for it.

on 6/5/2017 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I bought 2 colors of this, both of them didn't match my skin tone, but I did mix them and it looks alright. It oxides terribly. After about 4 hours I noticed that it settles into every line (I don't have a lot) and it looks horrible. I use a primer and none of the other foundations that I wear do this. I am so glad it was cheap. I guess you pay what is it worth and I can say, it's not worth a lot.

on 5/30/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I finally received this yesterday after weeks on the waiting list and am moved to review.

I've become a bit of an Ordinary advocate for the price and the quality. With few exceptions I've been really pleased and this is no different (the Argireline and the Vit C suspension I'm on the fence over).

I was uncertain about ordering a foundation without any concept of how the shades may appear in reality. I'm fair, probably with pinkish undertones but not so pink I wanted to choose the P shades. I went with 1.1N as I thought that would be safest bet. For reference, I usually wear Giorgio Armani LSF in 2 or 3.

I'm so impressed. The coverage is good - heavier than GA LSF but still natural and not so heavy I feel caked. I'm happy with the colour. I thought the tone was wrong initially but it's nicely warmed up throughout the day and I don't think it's worn off in any areas.

On the few rare occasions I deviate from GA LSF, I'm never 100% happy with the result but I'm thrilled with this. I can see myself wearing this for daytime/work and saving the GA for more special occasions. Although I like the coverage and finish on this so much I can see it taking over.

Regardless of the price, it's a serious contender and factoring it in, it's a total winner.

Looking forward to trying the Serum formulation at some point and I'll probably also purchase a darker tint for when I fake tan.

As I'm only a day in with this product, I will update should my view change for better or worse. This is also why I haven't given this product 5 stars, I want to wait and see if I stand by this review in a few days or weeks.

on 5/27/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I received this product after about two months (7 weeks and a few more days) of wait and I am very happy about it. I purchased 1.1N (I am NC15 in MAC mineralize moisture foundation) and it turned out to look like it's 2 shades too light on the back of my hand. It is alright after I blend it out on my face but STILL a tiny bit too light.
I might have tanned a little bit over the last few days because according to Wayne Goss 1.1N is similar to NC15, so anyone out there who's about to order, you might want to order just a shade darker.

First off I have normal-combination skin, occasionally dry cheeks when I put too much powder on my face, so I tend to only apply a thin layer. I applied this foundation at 11am and it still looked fresh after 9 hours of wear. I tried blending it with fingers, blush, sponge, and I couldn't see big differences in the finish or coverage. It is not as spreadable as I imagined it would be, but the consistency is still very easy to work with. It sets in quickly and has semi-matte finish.

In terms of coverage, it was able to cover my dark circles pretty well with just one layer; I did not need extra concealer for my scar marks as it already made it way less noticeable. But I never liked concealing everything on my face (including scars) anyway, so I understand that some people may think that the coverage is not enough. My scars were still visible when I looked closely but the redness did not show anymore and I consider this medium coverage. Building up is also an option thus full coverage can be achieved.
It looked natural on my skin but still a bit makeup-ish and I personally love this finish. This finish reminds me of Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.

It did not have a smell, at least I did not notice any. The pump has a smart design; you can swist it to the right and lock it to prevent leakage, and only swirl to the left when you need to use. I saw some people complain that it is not an airtight design but I think it is...?
It has not yet break me out so far, so I'd say it is a very good foundation, and with this price I would definitely repurchase.

I would update if it ever breaks me out or if I notice anything worth knowing.

Edit: after a few more wearing (longer than 9 hours) I notice that it indeed does not have oil control property. It is now summer in the UK and I tend to have oilier skin during summer so this may be why I did not have a problem with oil before but only now. After 6 hours I notice that the satin finish is gone and my face is more shiny, however when I compare this to "oily" to my boyfriend, he said my skin looked healthy and radiant rather than oily that he actually liked it better. He commented that my skin looked a bit dry after 1 or 2 hours of wear (to me it was just satin finish) so there seems to be a drastic difference in terms of the lasting power of this foundation depending on skin type. I did not use powder to set my makeup that day just to see how good it lasts on it's own. I noticed that it settled into my smile lines a bit after 2 hours of wear which I did not notice before. I used Benefit that gal primer(brightening) and moisturized my face with cream but not a moisturizing serum and the satin finish was lovely and lasted for two or three hours, so the short lasting power probably was not because of the layers underneath but the choice of primer could make a difference. I will also try setting it with powder and see how it goes. Will update if I find anything useful because this foundation really is lovely.

Edit 2: setting with powder help a bit, mixing it with powder helped loads but also made it very sticky and way less spreadable but still won't be enough to hold the oil... I have so far found no way to work around with it without taking away the beautiful finish and texture. In conclusion this is not a long lasting foundation, it never claimed to have oil control ability so if you're only wearing makeup for a few hours or wouldn't mind blotting throughout the day, this is absolutely perfect for you. Probably not for me because i do not like having to touch up all the time

I thought that I was so lucky to purchase Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation before they were sold out.

I purchased three shades, 1.0P, 1.1P and 2.1 P. All are suppose to be for fair skin with pink undertones. They took ages to get here to Australia but they finally arrived and I have been playing with them for about two weeks now. Comes in a pump bottle and one pump is enough to cover your whole face and neck.

1.0P and 1.1P are very light but 2.1P came out mustard yellow. If you mix in the lighter shades, it does make it wearable but on its own it is not for fair skin.

All I can say is BIG disappointment. This is suppose to be their full coverage foundation as opposed to their serum which provides light coverage. This foundation didn't even cover my redness after two applications. I tried, blending with my fingers, brush and blender and all ended up with the same result, very poor coverage.

Within an hour the foundation was wearing away on the high points of my face, forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. My face looked like I had patches of foundation showing through my real skin, my skin felt dry, red and splotchy but looked oily and shiny. It is very cold here in Australia, heading into winter so I can't even blame it on hot weather, making my foundation slide.

I used The Ordinary Primer and my usual Kat Von D primer and neither helped this foundation to stay put. My skin looked red and my nose shiny, which considering I have very dry skin and haven't suffered from oiliness in over 30 years is a feat in its self. This foundation just doesn't last, even with a good dusting of finishing powder and setting spray.

I applied the darker 2.1P foundation which was very yellow and then applied the lighter 1.0P over the top for a fuller, lighter shade coverage that matched my skintone but nothing I did could save this foundation from a negative review.

It showed every flaw, pore and wrinkle to spectacular effect and is not worth the money spent. It may be a cheap foundation ($13 in Australia) but I have had cheaper foundations work much better.

After being very impressed with their skincare range their foundation is a huge letdown.

As for the YouTube Gurus who give this product a thumbs up review, they are all #influencersforprofit and I would take everything they say with a grain of salt, it's all part of their pay check. I only ever use YouTube to try and colour match skin tones, I will use my own brain to make up my mind if a product is good or not. The best places for honest reviews is right here at MakeupAlley and go by what the majority say as it is always suspicious when one or two positives out of a whole bunch of negatives say it's great, that's usually the company trying to even the score. Instead of letting the people speak they should be spending their time improving their shabby product.