Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

3.2

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 2/21/2018 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
Beautiful real-skin finish
Hides all my freckles but somehow still looks natural
DOES NOT BUDGE
Easy to apply
Does not sink into pores or fine lines
Useful pump bottle
So cheap

Cons:
Implied to be high coverage but it is medium (which I actually prefer but it's a bit sneaky)
Feels a bit drying
Sinks into my (admittedly intense) mouth-nose smile lines. Probably not best for those with deeper wrinkles

It's so weird to me that there are SO MANY bad reviews - I'm even wondering if they changed the formula! I bought it January 2018.
This is the only liquid foundation that has ever worked for me, ever. The Ordinary Coverage foundation looks like my skin, but flawless. You can't even tell I'm wearing foundation, but my skin is smooth and blemish-free. I bought the palest shade and it suits perfectly. I wear it with the High Adherence Primer by TO, and no powder over the top. I actually tried it with powder and it looked very dry. I will try setting spray in the near future. I find this stays all day, and I even have trouble getting it off.

Before trying this foundation, I was literally at a loss. I thought I would never find foundation that looks good on me.
I do have to be honest and say the only non-drugstore foundation I've bought is the Benefit Hello Flawless and it was unbelievably bad. All the others are drugstore, like Rimmel, Maybelline, L'oreal, and nothing has ever worked. Like it doesn't even look like foundation, it's like I've smeared oily-but-dry cream over my face, and it comes straight off if I touch it. Interestingly, the problems I have with all other foundations are what a lot of people seem to be finding with The Ordinary. And I see a lot of reviews that say this is the only thing that works for them, so I'm wondering if it's suited to a very specific skin type.

I have given 4 instead of 5 stars because it's really medium coverage and they imply it's high (although I went back to the site and they don't actually say it outright; they actually say it "avoids a heavy makeup look"). It also feels a bit drying on my skin, though it still looks smooth. I wouldn't recommend it for people with more than medium-dry skin. Given the price I should probably bump it up to a 5 but I almost never give full marks. And it definitely oxidises, but it just happens to oxidise to my perfect skin colour lol

I really wanted to like this, but it just sat on the skin, ended up cakey, breaking apart, & didn't last. Im really disappointed. The color match was good though.

on 10/30/2017 6:37:00 PM

I am slightly torn on this foundation because of how totally matte it is. I think if you have skin that is either normal, oily or very oily The Ordinary Coverage Foundation could be a good one for you to try. I have very dry skin, and even more so during the cold Minnesota winters. This foundation is just far too matte for me to use, and even with a moisturizing primer underneath.

Perhaps if you have dry skin and aren't looking for a full coverage foundation you could use this foundation by mixing it into a moisturizer and create your own custom tinted moisturizer. This foundation is so highly pigmented that it would work well like this. Perhaps that is what I will do with the remainder of this product. I really appreciate that this is a fragrance free foundation because those can be hard to find.

In my opinion this foundation would work best for a younger person (no fine lines for this to settle into), looking for a very full coverage foundation, who has skin that is very oily.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

I have such a love hate relationship with this foundation. I'm currently on the quest for the right foundation for me, because my skin in a nutshell is:
- Dry
- Very fair with cooler undertones
- Susceptible to rosacea

I got the colour 1.0 NS and it's a perfect match for me and so beautiful. The price is right too. Upon first application, at the end of the day on top of a bit of concealer, this looked so ugly and dry. After some experimentation, I discovered that this is best worn without primer on moisturised skin. This foundation never really sets, but does have good buildable coverage. I prefer my coverage to be light-medium, and you can achieve it with one pump of this foundation, but full coverage can be attained without cakiness, so that's an A+ right there. But now the formula; it never really sets, and will slip off quickly if you do not set this with powder. Be light handed with powder as if you apply too much, it will coagulate because the foundation stays wet, so a C- there. After setting with powder, a setting spray helps melt this into the skin, and it looks natural but really pretty. I live in Australia so it's really hard to get a hold of cheap drugstore foundations. This is definitely the cheapest one I've ever found (at $12 AUD a bottle) and I think it does a good job for the price. The price is definitely right on this one. Though you do have to go to some extra steps to get a good result, it ultimately is a great option for people on tight budgets and gets the job done well and you can rely on it if you need a good go-to foundation.

I love The Ordinary foundations! I think for day-to-day, running around when you don't want to wear your Armani or Koh Gen Do $70 foundations, this fits the bill perfectly. Would I wear it on my wedding day? No. But for everyday it's amazing.

I apply mine right after moisturizer and then a light diffusing primer. Currently loving the Becca Backlight. This is a fairly flat finish foundation, so the glow primer helps give it more of a satin finish, which I prefer in my 30's. The combination of the light diffusing and applying it right after moisturizer helps it become more of a medium coverage vs. a full coverage look.

I set with powder and a setting spray and get all day wear. I have dry, sensitive skin and this doesn't cling or get patchy. The Fair shades didn't oxidize on me much, but the Light shades did, as I got into the level 2 shades. I have been using a combination of 1.1N and 1.2N. I think if you are trying to decide between shades, go with the lighter one, because these do oxidize somewhat and dry a bit darker than when first applied.

It should be noted that I typically hate drugstore foundations. Not because I'm a beauty snob (quite the opposite, I think there is a thrill in finding affordable products that deliver). The finish is always too dewy or too matte. As a makeup artist, I need the base to be flawless, or else the rest of the look will be a hot mess - I typically use Armani, Koh Gen Do, and RCMA. Again, not trying to be a snob, just illustrating that I'm really picky about my foundations. Also, there must be an ingredient in most drugstore foundations that makes my skin burn and breaks me out the next day so badly. I usually avoid drugstore foundations altogether.

So I approached The Ordinary foundations with some skepticism that they'd actually work. The serum foundation was ok for me, but the Full Coverage has really become a go-to for me. No burning, no breakouts, and a nice, natural skin-like finish. It also doesn't feel heavy at all, which I love. I think The Ordinary really did a nice job with this foundation.

I did a swatch video of all the shades I purchased, because I did have some trouble deciding from their site:

on 9/11/2017 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is amazing for the price, I can't believe it. I wouldn't say it's full coverage, but it does build nicely.

I am about nc10-15 and tried 1.0N and did not like it (it was too neutral/pink for me and oxidized. I decided to give this foundation another try, as I was in a Deciem store and could swatch and try them in person. I got 1.1N (perfect for NC15) and 1.2Y which works for me with a light tan, even more yellow toned and perfect.

The packaging is nice and lightweight, nothing fancy but effective, although the pump area can get messy and grubby since it's a black matte texture.

I'd say try it, it's so cheap and really nice, if it doesn't work for you it's really no lose. I have dry-normal skin and it sat nicely. I set the foundation with Laura mercier loose setting powder with a wet beauty blender sponge and got very nice looking skin.

on 8/20/2017 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

i bought this foundation because i've seen all the good reviews about it and it only costs me IDR 170 so i decided to give it a shot. i bought mine in 2.1Y (i'm NC35) and the first time i tried it on my skin i was like "ooo shizz" because the color is sooo yellow-ish and it oxidizes real fast, everytime i use it my face looks waaay darker and i have to set this foundation with a colored pressed powder instead of my RCMA to match my actual skin tone. despite the nice coverage and natural finish, it gets oily within 3-4 hours on my dry skin and that's sooo confusing, even a dewy-finish foundation doesn't make my skin oily, but this one?!?! and the last problem i encountered while i was using this foundation is... it breaks my skin out. my skin is not sensitive, not acne-prone, never reacted badly to any skincare/makeup product before, and i never had a single acne for months before i used this foundation. i tried to love this foundation, had a thought to buy another one in lighter shade, and within a week i totally changed my mind because there's no way i would want to use a foundation that gave me two giant pimples and clogged pores all over my face, not anymore. i guess it's because of the coconut alkanes and a bunch of silicone derivatives in it, though i don't exactly know, i use silicone primer sometimes and some of my foundations also contain silicone but they don't break me out, so maybe this foundation is simply not for me.

on 6/23/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wish I could give this product 2.5 lippies because I think it is truly middle of the road. I bought two of the serum foundations, and two of the high coverage. I bought two colours of each because it's always so hard to tell online. I'm somewhere between NC20 and 25 right now but I have a LOT of freckles, and that makes me look darker even though my neck is quite light.

Wow the Coverage is INCREDIBLY opaque. The texture is quite similar to the serum foundation - a nice thick liquid with a slightly silicone-y feeling and a pretty matte dry-down. The serum foundation is probably half as opaque as the full coverage, however I would say it's at least still a medium coverage foundation.

I got both 1.2YG and 2.0YG - neither are shimmery. They are quite olive toned. Girls who have a hard time finding an olive liquid foundation, I'd suggest you try these!

The 1.2N is the best colour match for me - it's a true light neutral colour. In the summer I'm going to mix the 1.2YG into it to match my tiny little bit of a warm tan on the rest of my body.

Now for the application - it's a bit finicky. You have to use quite little and put it on in very thin layers, otherwise it gets slippy, slidy, and greasy throughout the day. I usually put a very thin light layer on my whole face, then go back in over the chin, nose and inner forehead where I get redness.

I do have to powder and setting spray this formula or else it does wear off in patches like other reviewers have mentioned. But it's not a sticky formula like some - it won't rub off on your hand or anything like that.

To be honest, I can't believe people were so harsh in their reviews considering this is less than $7. It's better than any drugstore liquid foundation that I've tried (that's not discontinued.... RIP many old loves!) and it's cheaper too.

*edit* - ended up putting it down to 2 lippies. I threw it out - never reached for it.

on 6/5/2017 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I bought 2 colors of this, both of them didn't match my skin tone, but I did mix them and it looks alright. It oxides terribly. After about 4 hours I noticed that it settles into every line (I don't have a lot) and it looks horrible. I use a primer and none of the other foundations that I wear do this. I am so glad it was cheap. I guess you pay what is it worth and I can say, it's not worth a lot.