Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.6

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 12/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation but it just didn't deliver.
The initial application was promising, it went on like a dream with smooth and even coverage. The colour was good, if a little dark (I chose 1.1N ). However after only about half an hour my skin tuned into an oil slick and within a couple of hours the majority of it had slid right off my face. I've never really had a problem with breakouts but after a few days my skin was awful. I know that sometimes you have to stick with a product for your skin to get used to it, which is exactly what I did, but there has been absolutely no change after nearly two months. I've since gone back to using trusty Revlon Colorstay and my skin has cleared up again.

on 12/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

It looks good when first applied, quite glowy and natural. It starts to disappear after a couple of hours and also looks quite shiny, which I am not a fan of since my skin is already combination oily.

on 11/21/2017 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in a very fair color, and use it mostly in winter when my skintone has changed into a whiter version where my Clarins skin illusion in Honey gets a bit too dark. It’s easy to mix and goes with almost every other foundation brand. But it’s too watery for my liking when applying it alone. For this price, you kan buy different colors and mix depending on your skin tone at the moment.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this because of all of the wonderful reviews I've seen on You Tube. Great coverage and low cost, they said.

Pros: The price point is wonderful. Under $7 for a 1 oz bottle is great (plus shipping, of course). The packaging is great. It's a plastic bottle, but it has a good pump on it. It's not fancy, but it's practical. The color range is fabulous. I love how they have warm, cool, and neutral. (I ended up settling on a 1.1N. I am fair (although more so in winter) and pull neither yellow nor pink.)

Cons: I usually use two products in the morning: A moisturizer and my foundation. I use Kat Von D's Tattoo Foundation, and get great coverage with not a lot of product. With The Ordinary, I end up using FOUR products: Moisturizer, primer, a second primer for pores on my oily sections, and the foundation. The foundation doesn't seem to set, either. I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply. It takes forever to apply because it just sits on the skin. I tried using a brush, but because it doesn't set it just streaked everywhere. I also use a lot of product for the same amount of coverage. It leaves me wondering if I would really save money in the long run, because I'd be ripping through bottles of this stuff, where a bottle of KVD lasts me months. It settles in pores, therefore I have to use the primer and a little of The Porefessional in my oily spots. The finish is very matte, which doesn't bode well for my fairly dry skin. KVD is matte, but not THIS matte! (Although I agree with other reviewers, this might be good for oily skin. But beware of the pores!)

IF you need light coverage and have oily skin, this might work for you. Maybe it would set quicker?

THEREFORE, I will not be repurchasing. The application time is the biggest drawback for me, as it doesn't set. It's annoying, frankly. And I just don't think I'd save money in the long run. With shipping I'm paying over $10 a bottle for this, and with KVD I pay $35. I really do think that I go through about three times as much of this.

Bummer. I really wanted to like this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros: Colour selection is amazing! Like the pump packaging.Price is so great. This could be a great starter foundation.
Cons: It does not last on the skin. It doesnt seem to set. I put 1 pump of this in with my high end foundation just to adjust the colour slightly and it really affects the lasting power of the other foundation, which is very rare when I mix it with others. I really wanted this to work, but not for me. :( Maybe if your skin isnt so oily.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was surprised how similar this foundation is to Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation. I have extremely dry skin, so both do initially feel quite drying as they settle. This foundation did feel fine though, getting a little dry toward the end of the day (happens with every foundation for me) I'd say it felt better than double wear. It's still not perfect for my skin type but none are so this was a pleasant surprise that it is only £5 and fared better than Estee Lauders which is way more expensive! I find the packaging really cute, I like the simplicity and although plastic can feel a little cheap, it makes it easier for traveling. And I love a pump! I apply all foundations with a damp real techniques sponge as it's best with my skin, the coverage with this is probably light-medium, but buildable. Overall, I'm impressed, especially for the price.

on 10/2/2017 6:55:00 PM

I was very excited to try this foundation. Coverage-wise, it's comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear. It is quite full, but not FULL full. You will still need a concealer with this if you have scarring or hyperpigmentation, however, what I tend to do it make my own concealer from the foundation itself. I squirt out a bit into a little put and leave it open so the foundation dries out. I tend to do this before i go to bed, and in the morning the consistency has become thicker, like that of a concealer. I've done this with multiple foundations and it always works, and gives you a concealer that is the exact same shade as your foundation, because it IS your foundation, just thickened up.

Staying power: On oily skin, like mine, with no primer and no powder, this will stay on for about 4 hours until you look like a complete grease ball. If you blot with blotting sheets or some powder, it will stay on another 4 hours, but if you don't blot, it will slide off. I find this foundation doesn't ever set, it feels tacky if you touch it and it transfers very easily if there's no powder to keep it in place. With primer (I use their high adherence silicone primer), I find it stays on a slight bit longer, but it also tends to look better. And if I prep my skin well, use primer and blot a couple times or powder a couple times through the day, it will stay looking good for about 9 hours. Beyond that it just starts to disappear or too much has transferred off and it doesn't look good anymore.

Shade: I have pale skin with yellow undertones. I'm a part-time model but I have acne scarring, and I needed something to replace the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation I had been using for years because it just didn't give enough coverage. I couldn't find a shade close enough to the 51 (Vanilla Clair) that I wore. I had got a bit tanned over summer so I got the shade 1.2Y, because it was the lightest yellow shade they have, but I found it slightly too dark. It works if you blend it a bit down your neck, and if the rest of your body isn't any paler than your face, but it will definitely not match me when my tan disappears. I'm going to try the 1.1N, since it's the next lightest that might work. It is annoying that they have 1.0 and 1.1 shades with pink and neutral undertones but the yellow undertones don't start until 1.2.

Application: I apply this with a Real Techniques sponge. It looks good with the sponge either wet or dry. I've tried applying this with a stippling brush and it somehow made it look really dry and not well blended, I don't know why that was. As for applying with fingers, given how full coverage this is, I don't manage to do a good enough blending job with just fingers.

Look/finish: Finish is always dewy on me unless I powder it. I find that for the time that it lasts, it does look good. It was important for me that it looked good in photography and studio lights and it does. It looks very natural, especially if you apply it on in two very light layers with a sponge. It looks good in day light as well.

Packaging: no complaints. I like foundations with pumps. I do wish the pump had some sort of cap, since little drops left on the nozzle can smear, but I can't complain, especially for the price. That said, I also have the Serum foundation from The Ordinary in the same shade, and the pump on that malfunctioned from the first use, even though it's the exact same packaging. It would seem some are faulty.

Overall, I'm kind of stuck with this foundation. I can't afford to buy high-end foundations yet, and so far I haven't found a foundation at this price point that is as full coverage as this, doesn't break me out, looks natural (if applied well) and gets me by in my modelling jobs. When The Ordinary comes out with something not so super-dewy, tacky-feeling and transfer-y, I will definitely try it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Well shame on me. I fell for the hype. Bought a variety of colors as they were cheap and there was no place I could see in person. Mixing 1.0N and 1.0P was a good color match. I tried with different primers (including the Ordinary) and without primers. Tried different moisturizers. It never really set. Slipped off and settled in dry areas. I have dry skin and it looked awful. I’m so very disappointed.

I have such a love hate relationship with this foundation. I'm currently on the quest for the right foundation for me, because my skin in a nutshell is:
- Dry
- Very fair with cooler undertones
- Susceptible to rosacea

I got the colour 1.0 NS and it's a perfect match for me and so beautiful. The price is right too. Upon first application, at the end of the day on top of a bit of concealer, this looked so ugly and dry. After some experimentation, I discovered that this is best worn without primer on moisturised skin. This foundation never really sets, but does have good buildable coverage. I prefer my coverage to be light-medium, and you can achieve it with one pump of this foundation, but full coverage can be attained without cakiness, so that's an A+ right there. But now the formula; it never really sets, and will slip off quickly if you do not set this with powder. Be light handed with powder as if you apply too much, it will coagulate because the foundation stays wet, so a C- there. After setting with powder, a setting spray helps melt this into the skin, and it looks natural but really pretty. I live in Australia so it's really hard to get a hold of cheap drugstore foundations. This is definitely the cheapest one I've ever found (at $12 AUD a bottle) and I think it does a good job for the price. The price is definitely right on this one. Though you do have to go to some extra steps to get a good result, it ultimately is a great option for people on tight budgets and gets the job done well and you can rely on it if you need a good go-to foundation.

on 9/22/2017 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is less liquidy than the serum foundation. It has twice as much coverage, that being medium to almost full. I consider full coverage something that could cover a tattoo. It also oxides darker and to a different undertone than it should be like the serum foundation (see pictures). The finish is dewy, yet it clings to texture and dry patches, making your skin look kind of bad. You will need to set it because it doesn't really set/dry down. Even though I set it with powder, after 2 hours, it starts to slide around my face and transfer so easily. I don't consider my skin oily, but oil comes out though the day like anyone. So that's a huge downside.

I will rebuy this because it's cheap and appropriate for running errands. I have acne 'scars' and this is better then nothing. I don't like to use expensive foundation when i'm getting some eggs :)

It's worth trying out. I recommend this over the serum foundation because it covers better, but many people seem to like the serum foundation. Maybe pick up both.

Before and after pictures on blemished skin shown in my video and/or on my blog.