Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.6

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 8/19/2018 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I read all the reviews and was excited about this product, I ordered 1.2N and when it came I have to say that it was a fantastic colour match for my skin, I used my porefessional primer and put on my foundation, it went on easy, blended well and looked good. After about 3-4 hours I checked it and it had separated slightly so I decided to wash it off, took ages to wash off and had to cleanse twice.
Today I used my Smashbox Primer and out the foundation on, it was harder to blend today and after an hour of wearing my glasses it had all separated on my nose and I was left with horrible looking make up.

Tomorrow I'll try it without any primer and see how it looks but if it separates again then it will be a bummer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Background: oily, acne prone, redness

Pros:
- price
- shade range
- packaging (it has a pump!)
- nice consistency and easy to apply with sponge or brush
- light coverage; is buildable

Cons:
- never sets. even after powder, it still transfers (not sure if it’s because I’m oily skin?)
- does it keep oils at bay? Can’t say because it never set for me lol

Because it never sets, I won’t buy this again. Wish it worked out for me though because of the price and shade range!

on 6/6/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Right after application it looks surprisingly good, but it doesn't last.

It enhances any dry skin by being absorbed of the dry patches. The top of the bottle gets stained after the first pump and it's impossible to clean, hence it visually looks awful even early on (which most makeup do after usage, but not as early on as this one). It transfers to clothing like no other foundation and have ruined several jumpers/t-shirts/jackets of mine.

Oh and the cooler tones aren't cool/pink after it oxidised but orange, and gets ALOT darker than the color in the bottle.

on 5/2/2018 11:11:00 PM

I love the ordinary line....and i have purchased many items over and over again from it...however, this foundation isn't one of them. Granted, I have about 4 different shade in this foundation when i first wanted to try it out but i wouldn't be buying it again.

I like the fact that this foundation has a very broad shade line and is extremely inexpensive. It's a very thin foundation. Spreads easily on the skin and gives decent coverage. However, this foundation cakes up very badly around the nose area or anywhere that has creasing. Keep in mind i have dry / combo skin.

My gripe with this foundation (well 2) is 1) this foundation doesn't set. it stays wet the entire time and even with powder, it still transfers extremely easily.

2) This also broke me out like crazy... in cystic acne as well as under the skin bumps which never come to a head. They are painful and take weeks to go away.

on 4/24/2018 1:17:00 AM

I bought 2 bottles of the coverage and 2 of the serum (in N 1.0 and N 1.1). This is a bit better than the serum foundation in that it did not feel like a mask on my skin. However, it moved after 2 hours, when other foundations I've used do not budge for 6+ hours. Also, it emphasized lines under my eyes. Would not recommend.

Being an Ordinary fan, I tried so hard to love this product, I really did... but gosh it's so DRY. It makes me look at least 5 years older, settles into lines and dries up all patchy. I have oily t-zone and dry cheeks & eyes. Even with heavy moisturizer underneath AND mixing it with more moisture, it doesn't go on right, it dries me up so bad. I tried everything; with and without primer, applying with sponge, different brushes, blending it real nicely, using only very little... but no. The only thing that works is when I get oily later in the day, it looks a lot better then, when my skin has been "eating" the foundation away haha. Needless to say I cannot recommend this to anyone with dry or even normal skin.. And if you're oily it won't last all day either. What a shame, since the colour range and price is amazing. I am back to the high end brands :( (sad for my wallet, good for my temper haha)

on 3/17/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love the packaging. Finish is nice.

Not really "full" coverage, more of a medium coverage. Has a weird smell. Transfer easily and do not stay for long.

Not really suitable for oily skin as my face gets really oily after a few hours.

on 2/21/2018 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
Beautiful real-skin finish
Hides all my freckles but somehow still looks natural
DOES NOT BUDGE
Easy to apply
Does not sink into pores or fine lines
Useful pump bottle
So cheap

Cons:
Implied to be high coverage but it is medium (which I actually prefer but it's a bit sneaky)
Feels a bit drying
Sinks into my (admittedly intense) mouth-nose smile lines. Probably not best for those with deeper wrinkles

It's so weird to me that there are SO MANY bad reviews - I'm even wondering if they changed the formula! I bought it January 2018.
This is the only liquid foundation that has ever worked for me, ever. The Ordinary Coverage foundation looks like my skin, but flawless. You can't even tell I'm wearing foundation, but my skin is smooth and blemish-free. I bought the palest shade and it suits perfectly. I wear it with the High Adherence Primer by TO, and no powder over the top. I actually tried it with powder and it looked very dry. I will try setting spray in the near future. I find this stays all day, and I even have trouble getting it off.

Before trying this foundation, I was literally at a loss. I thought I would never find foundation that looks good on me.
I do have to be honest and say the only non-drugstore foundation I've bought is the Benefit Hello Flawless and it was unbelievably bad. All the others are drugstore, like Rimmel, Maybelline, L'oreal, and nothing has ever worked. Like it doesn't even look like foundation, it's like I've smeared oily-but-dry cream over my face, and it comes straight off if I touch it. Interestingly, the problems I have with all other foundations are what a lot of people seem to be finding with The Ordinary. And I see a lot of reviews that say this is the only thing that works for them, so I'm wondering if it's suited to a very specific skin type.

I have given 4 instead of 5 stars because it's really medium coverage and they imply it's high (although I went back to the site and they don't actually say it outright; they actually say it "avoids a heavy makeup look"). It also feels a bit drying on my skin, though it still looks smooth. I wouldn't recommend it for people with more than medium-dry skin. Given the price I should probably bump it up to a 5 but I almost never give full marks. And it definitely oxidises, but it just happens to oxidise to my perfect skin colour lol

I really wanted to like this, but it just sat on the skin, ended up cakey, breaking apart, & didn't last. Im really disappointed. The color match was good though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Makes my skin look dry and patchy and has no oil control, wouldn’t buy again