Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.7

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was surprised how similar this foundation is to Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation. I have extremely dry skin, so both do initially feel quite drying as they settle. This foundation did feel fine though, getting a little dry toward the end of the day (happens with every foundation for me) I'd say it felt better than double wear. It's still not perfect for my skin type but none are so this was a pleasant surprise that it is only £5 and fared better than Estee Lauders which is way more expensive! I find the packaging really cute, I like the simplicity and although plastic can feel a little cheap, it makes it easier for traveling. And I love a pump! I apply all foundations with a damp real techniques sponge as it's best with my skin, the coverage with this is probably light-medium, but buildable. Overall, I'm impressed, especially for the price.

on 10/2/2017 6:55:00 PM

I was very excited to try this foundation. Coverage-wise, it's comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear. It is quite full, but not FULL full. You will still need a concealer with this if you have scarring or hyperpigmentation, however, what I tend to do it make my own concealer from the foundation itself. I squirt out a bit into a little put and leave it open so the foundation dries out. I tend to do this before i go to bed, and in the morning the consistency has become thicker, like that of a concealer. I've done this with multiple foundations and it always works, and gives you a concealer that is the exact same shade as your foundation, because it IS your foundation, just thickened up.

Staying power: On oily skin, like mine, with no primer and no powder, this will stay on for about 4 hours until you look like a complete grease ball. If you blot with blotting sheets or some powder, it will stay on another 4 hours, but if you don't blot, it will slide off. I find this foundation doesn't ever set, it feels tacky if you touch it and it transfers very easily if there's no powder to keep it in place. With primer (I use their high adherence silicone primer), I find it stays on a slight bit longer, but it also tends to look better. And if I prep my skin well, use primer and blot a couple times or powder a couple times through the day, it will stay looking good for about 9 hours. Beyond that it just starts to disappear or too much has transferred off and it doesn't look good anymore.

Shade: I have pale skin with yellow undertones. I'm a part-time model but I have acne scarring, and I needed something to replace the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation I had been using for years because it just didn't give enough coverage. I couldn't find a shade close enough to the 51 (Vanilla Clair) that I wore. I had got a bit tanned over summer so I got the shade 1.2Y, because it was the lightest yellow shade they have, but I found it slightly too dark. It works if you blend it a bit down your neck, and if the rest of your body isn't any paler than your face, but it will definitely not match me when my tan disappears. I'm going to try the 1.1N, since it's the next lightest that might work. It is annoying that they have 1.0 and 1.1 shades with pink and neutral undertones but the yellow undertones don't start until 1.2.

Application: I apply this with a Real Techniques sponge. It looks good with the sponge either wet or dry. I've tried applying this with a stippling brush and it somehow made it look really dry and not well blended, I don't know why that was. As for applying with fingers, given how full coverage this is, I don't manage to do a good enough blending job with just fingers.

Look/finish: Finish is always dewy on me unless I powder it. I find that for the time that it lasts, it does look good. It was important for me that it looked good in photography and studio lights and it does. It looks very natural, especially if you apply it on in two very light layers with a sponge. It looks good in day light as well.

Packaging: no complaints. I like foundations with pumps. I do wish the pump had some sort of cap, since little drops left on the nozzle can smear, but I can't complain, especially for the price. That said, I also have the Serum foundation from The Ordinary in the same shade, and the pump on that malfunctioned from the first use, even though it's the exact same packaging. It would seem some are faulty.

Overall, I'm kind of stuck with this foundation. I can't afford to buy high-end foundations yet, and so far I haven't found a foundation at this price point that is as full coverage as this, doesn't break me out, looks natural (if applied well) and gets me by in my modelling jobs. When The Ordinary comes out with something not so super-dewy, tacky-feeling and transfer-y, I will definitely try it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Well shame on me. I fell for the hype. Bought a variety of colors as they were cheap and there was no place I could see in person. Mixing 1.0N and 1.0P was a good color match. I tried with different primers (including the Ordinary) and without primers. Tried different moisturizers. It never really set. Slipped off and settled in dry areas. I have dry skin and it looked awful. I’m so very disappointed.

I have such a love hate relationship with this foundation. I'm currently on the quest for the right foundation for me, because my skin in a nutshell is:
- Dry
- Very fair with cooler undertones
- Susceptible to rosacea

I got the colour 1.0 NS and it's a perfect match for me and so beautiful. The price is right too. Upon first application, at the end of the day on top of a bit of concealer, this looked so ugly and dry. After some experimentation, I discovered that this is best worn without primer on moisturised skin. This foundation never really sets, but does have good buildable coverage. I prefer my coverage to be light-medium, and you can achieve it with one pump of this foundation, but full coverage can be attained without cakiness, so that's an A+ right there. But now the formula; it never really sets, and will slip off quickly if you do not set this with powder. Be light handed with powder as if you apply too much, it will coagulate because the foundation stays wet, so a C- there. After setting with powder, a setting spray helps melt this into the skin, and it looks natural but really pretty. I live in Australia so it's really hard to get a hold of cheap drugstore foundations. This is definitely the cheapest one I've ever found (at $12 AUD a bottle) and I think it does a good job for the price. The price is definitely right on this one. Though you do have to go to some extra steps to get a good result, it ultimately is a great option for people on tight budgets and gets the job done well and you can rely on it if you need a good go-to foundation.

on 9/22/2017 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is less liquidy than the serum foundation. It has twice as much coverage, that being medium to almost full. I consider full coverage something that could cover a tattoo. It also oxides darker and to a different undertone than it should be like the serum foundation (see pictures). The finish is dewy, yet it clings to texture and dry patches, making your skin look kind of bad. You will need to set it because it doesn't really set/dry down. Even though I set it with powder, after 2 hours, it starts to slide around my face and transfer so easily. I don't consider my skin oily, but oil comes out though the day like anyone. So that's a huge downside.

I will rebuy this because it's cheap and appropriate for running errands. I have acne 'scars' and this is better then nothing. I don't like to use expensive foundation when i'm getting some eggs :)

It's worth trying out. I recommend this over the serum foundation because it covers better, but many people seem to like the serum foundation. Maybe pick up both.

Before and after pictures on blemished skin shown in my video and/or on my blog.

on 9/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this for the first time. In my opinion, this matches the quality of the expensive brands. I have light-medium, acne prone skin, with neutral undertones. I purchased 2.0 N, and the color is perfect. It applied easily, with medium coverage and a natural-looking finish. My skin looks a bit candle-lit. If you find that this foundation makes your skin look dull, the color is probably a shade too dark for you. If I find that it doesn't last the day, or creates any other problem, I will update this post, but for now, I'm really happy with this.
UPDATE: I have used this multiple times now, and I still give it 5 stars. For those who complain that it's watery, shake the bottle before dispensing. This imparts a wonderful finish to my skin and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day (I use oil at least once a day, so my skin doesn't need to produce more oil on its own). I prefer to apply it with a thick brush rather than a sponge.

Through no fault of my own I meant to purchase the SERUM and not the coverage since i prefer a much lighter coverage.
I don't have the clearest skin in the world.
The colour match is great, I went for 1.0N, its really easy to tell, I have never been able to get a right match! So this is great
However, it lives up to the reviews I've seen, I got oily very quickly on my t-zone 2-3 hours in, a lot more then usual after blotting and seeing the results.
Its not sitting great on my skin and is sinking slightly. But from the reviews i thought this would happen but like i said it was my fault.
I am really looking forward to getting the serum since i have heard much better things! will be reviewing that also.

I ordered this foundation because I was really intrigued by the inexpensive pricing and the decent reviews that I had found on it. I found this foundation to be pretty disappointing. When I first applied the foundation it went on really well, felt super lightweight, had decent coverage, and a natural finish. The first couple of hours it stayed looking really good but then after about 4-5 hours my t-zone was very oily (naturally a little oily in the t-zone) and the foundation started to bunch up around the sides of my nose and on my chin. I blotted with a blotting paper and it seemed to help for the rest of the day but it was still bunched up leaving a not so good look. I have other foundations that last much longer than this one, wouldn't recommend.

on 7/31/2017 10:49:00 PM

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It fit my fair skin 1000% and I got many compliments.
Usually foundation creases in my laugh lines pretty quick but this never did. The people who are giving it poor reviews must be confusing this with something else because it's perfect. Maybe it's only good for super super fair people?

I have this in 1.0P, my skin tone is NC10. I'd give it 3.5 stars.

PROS
- inexpensive. It's about $5 per bottle.
- really nice container
- decent range of light shades
- a little goes a long way
- finish is matte, but not too matte
- applies well over The Ordinary primer with a sponge
- lasts 10-12 hours

CONS
- the colour is a little yellow to begin with. In comparison, my cool-toned foundations (Guerlain, MUFE, NARS) actually look salmon-pink. If you need really pink undertones, this line if not for you.
- so easy to apply too much and then- like other reviewers noted- it never sets
- the finish can get a little powdery and stick to imperfections/baby hairs/wrinkles
- not great for building up; you go from too little to too much very fast

Is this amazing? Nah. Is it awful? Nope. It's a perfectly decent five-buck foundation, and I'm excited to try the serum one.