Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 1/18/2018 6:25:00 PM

My main issue with all foundations is that I tend to "flake up" whenever they touch my facial skin. That's really bad with this one, which seems quite packed with powdery pigments.
It might look nice on someone without that problem, at least if you want rather high coverage. It seems to have very fine light reflecting pigments, as advertised - it has that a subtle sheen at the same time as the finish is kinda matte.

Note on application: I'm pretty sure a sponge would soak this one straight up. Fingers are probably best with this one.

on 1/16/2018 10:15:00 AM

Affordable with nice packaging but I do not consider this a quality product. Does not apply well, sits on skin and does not blend, and then it goes flakey throughout the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've pretty much copied and pasted sections of this onto my review of the Serum foundation just because I love them both so much. So don't be surprised if it sounds familiar haha.

This and the serum foundation are one of my absolute favourite foundations ever. The ease of using this product is absolutely unbeatable. I find I'm always reaching for this or the serum foundation when I want a quick and no fuss, idiot proof, natural foundation (which is most days). It's got everything I'm looking for: looks natural, covers and blends well, doesn't sink into lines or clumps around my nose and forehead and when it begins fading (as it inevitably will on my oily skin) it does so naturally. It's so quick and easy to apply as well, just a one or two minutes with my foundation brush or fingers when I'm lazy. Very minimal blending required.

In comparison to the Serum Foundation, this is obviously heavier coverage and the texture is thicker. It's still equally as easy to apply, but because the colour match isn't 100% accurate for me, I have to be more careful with the blending. I find I reach for this when i'm short on time and need good coverage quickly, whereas I tend to spend more time layering the serum foundation on.

Based on the other reviews, I think this foundation works best with a primer. Since I've got oily skin, I always use a primer anyway to help combat the oiliness no matter what foundation I'm wearing.

I've used this in England and Singapore, and this foundation works in both climates. It wears away a little more quickly in Singapore, but due to the humidity and heat, it's to be expected.

It's colour range isn't that great, I couldn't find one to be an exact match for my skin but the difference isn't obvious at all and it's easy to blend away the difference. It's so cheap that I ended up buying 2 colours and blending them together.

Would definitely repurchase this again! And again and again. I love the packaging, and the product and price are unbeatable.

on 12/29/2017 10:18:00 AM

For a person who has an oily skin like me, so far this product is so good because it has matte finish. The coverage was medium i think.. but it can be build to high coverage. The dissapoinment is, it transferrable easily.. when you wore it on a long time, it can be easily stick on your clothes or tissue or something and somewhat can be cakey.. but overall, like the title of this foundation, the coverage is good & it sets quickly on my skin.. & it can controls my oily skin well☺️👌

on 12/22/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really enjoyed this foundation and was happy about buying it, since it was under £6 and arrived early(I got mine from cultbeauty). The shade I got was 2.1Y which I was on the fence about as at the moment, my skin tone is quite pale opposed to the summer when I get quite tanned. From reviews I watched on YouTube, I thought the shade would be too dark to wear in the autumn and winter but surprisingly it matched quite well and this is one of the foundations that have matched me the best. It’s just the right amount of yellow/warm tone and a bit olive(which I think matches my complexion better than a warmer tone). For my oily skin, it wasn’t the greatest as it did get quite oily quickly and I noticed it transferred very easily. However, my friend complemented me and told me my face looked very Dewey, rather than greasy, as if I made it Dewey on purpose which I was rather happy about.

I have acne prone skin with scars so I looked for coverage in this foundation and it definitely did deliver! I was quite happy with the consistency as it wasn’t thick at all, nor too runny so I felt comfortable putting it on. It didn’t break me out and covered up the majority of my dark scars, which I typically use concealer to cover after foundation application.

I mix this in with a paler foundation at the moment as it fits my skin better and since my skin is combination and dry in some areas, it has been helping as my foundation is quite matte. Overall, I recommend it and think everyone should try it, it’s under £10 and worth a try!

on 12/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation but it just didn't deliver.
The initial application was promising, it went on like a dream with smooth and even coverage. The colour was good, if a little dark (I chose 1.1N ). However after only about half an hour my skin tuned into an oil slick and within a couple of hours the majority of it had slid right off my face. I've never really had a problem with breakouts but after a few days my skin was awful. I know that sometimes you have to stick with a product for your skin to get used to it, which is exactly what I did, but there has been absolutely no change after nearly two months. I've since gone back to using trusty Revlon Colorstay and my skin has cleared up again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Truly awful foundation which never quite sets (despite generous application of translucent powder)... and left my normal/slightly combo skin looking greasy within an hour of application. (I caught a glance of my reflection in the office elevator and almost gasped audibly).

I tried this with a number of mattifying primers ....but nothing stopped it from sliding down my face. Trust me...this is one foundation you do not want to wear to a soirée...for fear of leaving traces on the cheeks and couture of your fellow revellers. Air Kissing from a safe distance is the way to go if you do!

For shade ref 2.1y = NC42

on 12/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

It looks good when first applied, quite glowy and natural. It starts to disappear after a couple of hours and also looks quite shiny, which I am not a fan of since my skin is already combination oily.

on 12/6/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to like this product. Honestly though, it wasn't terrible. It has a great range of shades and I was able to find a suitable one without ever trying it in person & just navigating through the shades on The Ordinary website. It's also very affordable. But I've tried better. This sorta oxidised on my skin (maybe I should've gotten a shade lighter, but the same tone) over time, didn't last very long on oilier areas of my face and most of all, wears terribly under sunscreen which is a big no for me. I know it has SPF15, but I've been trying to be diligent with sunscreen because I'm trying to quicken the fading time of my hyperpigmentation marks. This foundation got very cakey when worn over sunscreen. After that I only used this at night but I never ever go out at night anyway, and when I do I've already been out during the day so I would've applied the foundation in the morning so I still would've used sunscreen underneath. I ended up giving this away to my sister (whom I've been estranged with over the last year lol family issues - given to her via my mum) and that's how much I didn't need this foundation in my life. It's an okay foundation, but not the best. If you don't wear sunscreen underneath makeup and your skin isn't too oily, it could be alright for you though.

on 11/21/2017 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in a very fair color, and use it mostly in winter when my skintone has changed into a whiter version where my Clarins skin illusion in Honey gets a bit too dark. It’s easy to mix and goes with almost every other foundation brand. But it’s too watery for my liking when applying it alone. For this price, you kan buy different colors and mix depending on your skin tone at the moment.