Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.9

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've pretty much copied and pasted sections of this onto my review of the Serum foundation just because I love them both so much. So don't be surprised if it sounds familiar haha.

This and the serum foundation are one of my absolute favourite foundations ever. The ease of using this product is absolutely unbeatable. I find I'm always reaching for this or the serum foundation when I want a quick and no fuss, idiot proof, natural foundation (which is most days). It's got everything I'm looking for: looks natural, covers and blends well, doesn't sink into lines or clumps around my nose and forehead and when it begins fading (as it inevitably will on my oily skin) it does so naturally. It's so quick and easy to apply as well, just a one or two minutes with my foundation brush or fingers when I'm lazy. Very minimal blending required.

In comparison to the Serum Foundation, this is obviously heavier coverage and the texture is thicker. It's still equally as easy to apply, but because the colour match isn't 100% accurate for me, I have to be more careful with the blending. I find I reach for this when i'm short on time and need good coverage quickly, whereas I tend to spend more time layering the serum foundation on.

Based on the other reviews, I think this foundation works best with a primer. Since I've got oily skin, I always use a primer anyway to help combat the oiliness no matter what foundation I'm wearing.

I've used this in England and Singapore, and this foundation works in both climates. It wears away a little more quickly in Singapore, but due to the humidity and heat, it's to be expected.

It's colour range isn't that great, I couldn't find one to be an exact match for my skin but the difference isn't obvious at all and it's easy to blend away the difference. It's so cheap that I ended up buying 2 colours and blending them together.

Would definitely repurchase this again! And again and again. I love the packaging, and the product and price are unbeatable.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

on 9/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm a hard sell when it comes to foundations. I have light-medium, acne prone skin, with neutral undertones, and finding a workable color, texture and finish is a major pain (I'm sure they hate me at Sephora). In my opinion, this matches the quality of the expensive brands. I purchased 2.0 N, and the color is perfect. It applied easily, with medium coverage and a natural-looking finish. My skin looks a bit candle-lit. If you find that this foundation makes your skin look dull, the color is probably a shade too dark for you. If I find that it doesn't last the day, or creates any other problem, I will update this post, but for now, I'm really happy with this.
UPDATE: I have used this multiple times now, and I still give it 5 stars. For those who complain that it's watery, you have to shake the bottle before dispensing. This imparts a wonderful finish to my skin and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day (I use oil at least once a day, so my skin doesn't need to produce more oil on its own). I find that it applies better and lasts longer on my skin if I stipple it on with a thick brush (ELF has a great one with white bristles) rather than a beauty blender, which just waters it down and makes it disappear before the end of the day.

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. Oily combination skin with acne scar but no active or cystic acne at the moment.

I have been really enjoying this foundation. For the shade to work for me I ordered both 2.0YG and 2.1Y and mix 1.5 pumps of 2.0YG with 0.5 pump of 2.1Y. The coverage is not as full as they intend to but I would say it has a good medium to full coverage. I'm not sure if it's that buildable because this does require more time to set comparing to my others. It blends nicely and stays all day. Granted I have yet tried this in the summer when I'm perpetually drenched in sweat but I do have high hopes for it. It doesn't do much for oil control but nor it claims to be. With some minimal blotting my face looks fresh again. I also really love the price (who doesn't) and the simple and no frills packaging. It comes with a pump with a lock and that's even better for traveling.

The shade range for this is actual,y quite good. The only gripe I have about this is there is quite a big jump between the two seemingly very close shades I purchased. 2.0YG was pretty true to the description with a strong yellow golden tone but 2.1Y all so a sudden seems at least 3 shades darker and very orange. Hopefully they will improve on that.

Overall very amazed and glad I ordered it and already ordered backups for this. Will recommend.

on 12/29/2017 10:18:00 AM

For a person who has an oily skin like me, so far this product is so good because it has matte finish. The coverage was medium i think.. but it can be build to high coverage. The dissapoinment is, it transferrable easily.. when you wore it on a long time, it can be easily stick on your clothes or tissue or something and somewhat can be cakey.. but overall, like the title of this foundation, the coverage is good & it sets quickly on my skin.. & it can controls my oily skin well☺️👌

on 12/22/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really enjoyed this foundation and was happy about buying it, since it was under £6 and arrived early(I got mine from cultbeauty). The shade I got was 2.1Y which I was on the fence about as at the moment, my skin tone is quite pale opposed to the summer when I get quite tanned. From reviews I watched on YouTube, I thought the shade would be too dark to wear in the autumn and winter but surprisingly it matched quite well and this is one of the foundations that have matched me the best. It’s just the right amount of yellow/warm tone and a bit olive(which I think matches my complexion better than a warmer tone). For my oily skin, it wasn’t the greatest as it did get quite oily quickly and I noticed it transferred very easily. However, my friend complemented me and told me my face looked very Dewey, rather than greasy, as if I made it Dewey on purpose which I was rather happy about.

I have acne prone skin with scars so I looked for coverage in this foundation and it definitely did deliver! I was quite happy with the consistency as it wasn’t thick at all, nor too runny so I felt comfortable putting it on. It didn’t break me out and covered up the majority of my dark scars, which I typically use concealer to cover after foundation application.

I mix this in with a paler foundation at the moment as it fits my skin better and since my skin is combination and dry in some areas, it has been helping as my foundation is quite matte. Overall, I recommend it and think everyone should try it, it’s under £10 and worth a try!

on 5/30/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I finally received this yesterday after weeks on the waiting list and am moved to review.

I've become a bit of an Ordinary advocate for the price and the quality. With few exceptions I've been really pleased and this is no different (the Argireline and the Vit C suspension I'm on the fence over).

I was uncertain about ordering a foundation without any concept of how the shades may appear in reality. I'm fair, probably with pinkish undertones but not so pink I wanted to choose the P shades. I went with 1.1N as I thought that would be safest bet. For reference, I usually wear Giorgio Armani LSF in 2 or 3.

I'm so impressed. The coverage is good - heavier than GA LSF but still natural and not so heavy I feel caked. I'm happy with the colour. I thought the tone was wrong initially but it's nicely warmed up throughout the day and I don't think it's worn off in any areas.

On the few rare occasions I deviate from GA LSF, I'm never 100% happy with the result but I'm thrilled with this. I can see myself wearing this for daytime/work and saving the GA for more special occasions. Although I like the coverage and finish on this so much I can see it taking over.

Regardless of the price, it's a serious contender and factoring it in, it's a total winner.

Looking forward to trying the Serum formulation at some point and I'll probably also purchase a darker tint for when I fake tan.

As I'm only a day in with this product, I will update should my view change for better or worse. This is also why I haven't given this product 5 stars, I want to wait and see if I stand by this review in a few days or weeks.

on 5/2/2018 11:11:00 PM

I love the ordinary line....and i have purchased many items over and over again from it...however, this foundation isn't one of them. Granted, I have about 4 different shade in this foundation when i first wanted to try it out but i wouldn't be buying it again.

I like the fact that this foundation has a very broad shade line and is extremely inexpensive. It's a very thin foundation. Spreads easily on the skin and gives decent coverage. However, this foundation cakes up very badly around the nose area or anywhere that has creasing. Keep in mind i have dry / combo skin.

My gripe with this foundation (well 2) is 1) this foundation doesn't set. it stays wet the entire time and even with powder, it still transfers extremely easily.

2) This also broke me out like crazy... in cystic acne as well as under the skin bumps which never come to a head. They are painful and take weeks to go away.

on 3/17/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love the packaging. Finish is nice.

Not really "full" coverage, more of a medium coverage. Has a weird smell. Transfer easily and do not stay for long.

Not really suitable for oily skin as my face gets really oily after a few hours.

on 12/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

It looks good when first applied, quite glowy and natural. It starts to disappear after a couple of hours and also looks quite shiny, which I am not a fan of since my skin is already combination oily.