Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.9

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Incredible product. Many many shades to cover ALL skintones. I am a hard match - golden beige. I am thrilled. I'm stocking up!

on 6/22/2018 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I guess that the problem with this product is the misleading name. You think it is something like EL Double Wear, something longlasting, mattifying and with lots of coverage. Instead I would compare it more to a nourishing, natural looking foundation with medium coverage and decently long lasting.

I have been experimenting with foundations lately because I'm getting older and I have the impression that not matter how good, every foundation will highlight my skin texture with pores and lines. I have always preferred the matte finish to the dewy because I have an oily T-zone but now it is starting to make me look caked up. This is when I started testing all the "nude" and "naked" textures, starting with EL Double Wear Nude in Ecru, to Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in 12 and Les Beiges in 10, to UD Naked in 2.0, 2.5 and 1.5. The Chanel were the worse - Velvet was like applying sandpaper on my skin and the Beiges was just too watered down, no coverage whatsoever and gone by midday. Also, the shade range is very poor because it only caters for yellow toned skin and both contain alcohol. The ED and UD were much better in terms of shades, consistency and natural, luminos look, but coverage and lasting power were not really satisfying, or at least not so much to stray from my current favourites, MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Foundation in NW20 - the one in the tube, Clarins Extra Comfort in 105 (for days when my skin is dry) and EL Double Wear in Ecru, for days when my skin is particularly oily and using only a bit and with lots of buffing.

I have bought this foundation online because I needed to spend a bit more in order to get free shipment, and I was prepared to be very disappointed because some vloggers had scathing reviews for this foundation. So imagine the pleasure when I opened the package, saw the little pump bottle, tried a drop on the back of my hand, decided that it felt quite good and the colour seemed to be perfect. On my face it went like a dream. It is quite liquid and viscous so I didn't apply much because it didn't dry fast and it seemed highly pigmented, I started instead with some little dots and worked through my face, using my fingers only and adding some layers where I thought I needed. I finished with some powder only on my T-zone because I liked the skin like texture (yay!!!) and because the first time I try a foundation I don't want to use any helpers to see how it performs on its own.

So, this is my verdict:
This is a beautiful foundation if you find the right shade, have a normal to combination or slightly dry skin, don't need too much coverage but prefer the natural look. In this case this is as good, or even better, than some high-end foundations I have been trying lately.
Although the consistency is quite liquid, it feels very creamy, almost emollient like a BB cream and it is very easy to apply with fingers first and to buff into my skin with a brush, also because it doesn't dry very fast, it actually takes some time. On the more oily areas it behaves like my other long-lasting foundations: it starts melting after 4 hours but nothing some blotting or few touch ups couldn't fix.
What I really like is that my face looks radiant and this is something that I have missed from the other high-end foundations. It just has that luminosity that at my age is an important factor.

The most important advice I can give are: don't plaster your face with it at once but start with just a little and build up where you think you need, using only your fingers, like if you were applying a BB cream or moisturizer, and buff with a brush at the end. And give it the time to settle and dry. Also, don't apply it on a skin that is already overloaded with mousturizer, sunscreen and primer. It is just too much for any skin and this will only exacerbate the problems that you are trying to cover up.

One problem could be finding the right shade as in the medium and deep section they seem to be very very yellow toned. I have 1.0N and it looks perfect for my winter NW18/20 complexion. I guess I could also wear 1.0P and everything in the 1 to 1.1 range but anything above could turn too yellow/orange on my neutral skin.
Although I have many different expensive foundations I have been enjoying using this a lot more lately. Probably in summer it won't work because it is too emollient and I probably won't be able to find the right shade, but for my winter skin this is great.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Good coverage and right color for my skin tone. No complaints at all.

This is the most flawless foundation I have ever used, and I currently have 13 foundations. It's beautiful. I use mac nw20 in the winter, and nw25 in the summer, and I purchased 1.2P in the coverage foundation and it's a perfect match. It applies best with a beauty blender, for me personally. The 1st time I applied it is was ASTOUNDED at the finish. I just couldn't stop looking at my skin. It only lasts say, 7 hours, looking pretty dang good, but then it starts to fade. And I've never had a foundation fade so gracefully. No breaking up on my nose or forehead, no rubbing off on my nose, nothing. Just an even fade away. I love it! Oh, and the TO's other skincare products are awesome as well! If Sephora started selling TO's foundation lines, they would become even more rich!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I've pretty much copied and pasted sections of this onto my review of the Serum foundation just because I love them both so much. So don't be surprised if it sounds familiar haha.

This and the serum foundation are one of my absolute favourite foundations ever. The ease of using this product is absolutely unbeatable. I find I'm always reaching for this or the serum foundation when I want a quick and no fuss, idiot proof, natural foundation (which is most days). It's got everything I'm looking for: looks natural, covers and blends well, doesn't sink into lines or clumps around my nose and forehead and when it begins fading (as it inevitably will on my oily skin) it does so naturally. It's so quick and easy to apply as well, just a one or two minutes with my foundation brush or fingers when I'm lazy. Very minimal blending required.

In comparison to the Serum Foundation, this is obviously heavier coverage and the texture is thicker. It's still equally as easy to apply, but because the colour match isn't 100% accurate for me, I have to be more careful with the blending. I find I reach for this when i'm short on time and need good coverage quickly, whereas I tend to spend more time layering the serum foundation on.

Based on the other reviews, I think this foundation works best with a primer. Since I've got oily skin, I always use a primer anyway to help combat the oiliness no matter what foundation I'm wearing.

I've used this in England and Singapore, and this foundation works in both climates. It wears away a little more quickly in Singapore, but due to the humidity and heat, it's to be expected.

It's colour range isn't that great, I couldn't find one to be an exact match for my skin but the difference isn't obvious at all and it's easy to blend away the difference. It's so cheap that I ended up buying 2 colours and blending them together.

Would definitely repurchase this again! And again and again. I love the packaging, and the product and price are unbeatable.

on 11/15/2017 4:32:00 AM

I have 1.2Y and it's the perfect shade for me. It's been hard to find a shade that is both light and yellow at the same time. Everything always comes up pink on me. Revlon's Superstay in Buff is called yellow-based but it's pink af on my face.

I use only a little bit, less than one pump all over the face, blending with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush to really work it into the skin. Then I set the middle of my face with a little bit of loose powder. I do have oily skin but if I set this foundation with matte powder in winter, I find my skin gets dehydrated after a couple of hours. That's not a good look. We'll see about other seasons. I have worn it without any powder and it's fine, but toes the line between glowy and greasy.

I find that this foundation does not break apart on the skin or settle into lines. I don't use primer. But this is winter so my face isn't as melty as usual.

The coverage is great, but I'm not sure how well this would work for piling on thick. I suspect that, like all other foundations, it wouldn't perform as well as a thin layer. It also does not look good -- like every other foundation -- on peeling or flakey skin.

I don't know what else to say. This is a high quality no-nonsense product. The light yellow 1.2 really, actually, truly is yellow, and light, but not super pale. It costs nothing, it performs well unless your skin is angry and irritated. In that regard it isn't different from anything else. Except it's cheaper and better than most.

A+ from me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

I love The Ordinary foundations! I think for day-to-day, running around when you don't want to wear your Armani or Koh Gen Do $70 foundations, this fits the bill perfectly. Would I wear it on my wedding day? No. But for everyday it's amazing.

I apply mine right after moisturizer and then a light diffusing primer. Currently loving the Becca Backlight. This is a fairly flat finish foundation, so the glow primer helps give it more of a satin finish, which I prefer in my 30's. The combination of the light diffusing and applying it right after moisturizer helps it become more of a medium coverage vs. a full coverage look.

I set with powder and a setting spray and get all day wear. I have dry, sensitive skin and this doesn't cling or get patchy. The Fair shades didn't oxidize on me much, but the Light shades did, as I got into the level 2 shades. I have been using a combination of 1.1N and 1.2N. I think if you are trying to decide between shades, go with the lighter one, because these do oxidize somewhat and dry a bit darker than when first applied.

It should be noted that I typically hate drugstore foundations. Not because I'm a beauty snob (quite the opposite, I think there is a thrill in finding affordable products that deliver). The finish is always too dewy or too matte. As a makeup artist, I need the base to be flawless, or else the rest of the look will be a hot mess - I typically use Armani, Koh Gen Do, and RCMA. Again, not trying to be a snob, just illustrating that I'm really picky about my foundations. Also, there must be an ingredient in most drugstore foundations that makes my skin burn and breaks me out the next day so badly. I usually avoid drugstore foundations altogether.

So I approached The Ordinary foundations with some skepticism that they'd actually work. The serum foundation was ok for me, but the Full Coverage has really become a go-to for me. No burning, no breakouts, and a nice, natural skin-like finish. It also doesn't feel heavy at all, which I love. I think The Ordinary really did a nice job with this foundation.

I did a swatch video of all the shades I purchased, because I did have some trouble deciding from their site:

on 9/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm a hard sell when it comes to foundations. I have light-medium, acne prone skin, with neutral undertones, and finding a workable color, texture and finish is a major pain (I'm sure they hate me at Sephora). In my opinion, this matches the quality of the expensive brands. I purchased 2.0 N, and the color is perfect. It applied easily, with medium coverage and a natural-looking finish. My skin looks a bit candle-lit. If you find that this foundation makes your skin look dull, the color is probably a shade too dark for you. If I find that it doesn't last the day, or creates any other problem, I will update this post, but for now, I'm really happy with this.
UPDATE: I have used this multiple times now, and I still give it 5 stars. For those who complain that it's watery, you have to shake the bottle before dispensing. This imparts a wonderful finish to my skin and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day (I use oil at least once a day, so my skin doesn't need to produce more oil on its own). I find that it applies better and lasts longer on my skin if I stipple it on with a thick brush (ELF has a great one with white bristles) rather than a beauty blender, which just waters it down and makes it disappear before the end of the day.

on 8/21/2017 4:29:00 AM

Overall this is the best foudation i found in 2017. I tried Two faced Born This Way and Estee Lauder Double Wear. All are full coverage foundation leave my skin so heavy and cakey. Deciem the ordinary is so lightweight full coverage and natural. Best price too. Highly recommend.