Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

I love The Ordinary foundations! I think for day-to-day, running around when you don't want to wear your Armani or Koh Gen Do $70 foundations, this fits the bill perfectly. Would I wear it on my wedding day? No. But for everyday it's amazing.

I apply mine right after moisturizer and then a light diffusing primer. Currently loving the Becca Backlight. This is a fairly flat finish foundation, so the glow primer helps give it more of a satin finish, which I prefer in my 30's. The combination of the light diffusing and applying it right after moisturizer helps it become more of a medium coverage vs. a full coverage look.

I set with powder and a setting spray and get all day wear. I have dry, sensitive skin and this doesn't cling or get patchy. The Fair shades didn't oxidize on me much, but the Light shades did, as I got into the level 2 shades. I have been using a combination of 1.1N and 1.2N. I think if you are trying to decide between shades, go with the lighter one, because these do oxidize somewhat and dry a bit darker than when first applied.

It should be noted that I typically hate drugstore foundations. Not because I'm a beauty snob (quite the opposite, I think there is a thrill in finding affordable products that deliver). The finish is always too dewy or too matte. As a makeup artist, I need the base to be flawless, or else the rest of the look will be a hot mess - I typically use Armani, Koh Gen Do, and RCMA. Again, not trying to be a snob, just illustrating that I'm really picky about my foundations. Also, there must be an ingredient in most drugstore foundations that makes my skin burn and breaks me out the next day so badly. I usually avoid drugstore foundations altogether.

So I approached The Ordinary foundations with some skepticism that they'd actually work. The serum foundation was ok for me, but the Full Coverage has really become a go-to for me. No burning, no breakouts, and a nice, natural skin-like finish. It also doesn't feel heavy at all, which I love. I think The Ordinary really did a nice job with this foundation.

I did a swatch video of all the shades I purchased, because I did have some trouble deciding from their site:

on 9/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I just tried this for the first time. In my opinion, this matches the quality of the expensive brands. I have light-medium, acne prone skin, with neutral undertones. I purchased 2.0 N, and the color is perfect. It applied easily, with medium coverage and a natural-looking finish. My skin looks a bit candle-lit. If you find that this foundation makes your skin look dull, the color is probably a shade too dark for you. If I find that it doesn't last the day, or creates any other problem, I will update this post, but for now, I'm really happy with this.
UPDATE: I have used this multiple times now, and I still give it 5 stars. For those who complain that it's watery, shake the bottle before dispensing. This imparts a wonderful finish to my skin and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day (I use oil at least once a day, so my skin doesn't need to produce more oil on its own). I prefer to apply it with a thick brush rather than a sponge.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I own this foundation in 3 shades-1.2Y, 1.2YG, 2.0YG, 2.1P and 2.1Y. All 5 have yellow undertones to them, with the1.2 YG and 2.0YG shades having the most yellow to them, due to them having added gold accents to them And, out of the 4 colors mentioned, the only ones that stay true to color are 1.2Y, 1.2YG, and 2.0YG, and 2.0YG, while 2.1P and 2.1Y definitely oxidize for sure. I initially started with 2.1P, and even went on to order 2.1Y, however, due to neither of them being perfect matches for my medium skintone, due to how much they ended up oxidizing on me, I had to find much lighter shades to mix them with, which is how I ended up buying 1.2Y, 1.2YG and 2.0YG. Unfortunately, if you have a true medium toned complexion like I do, neither the 2.1P or 2.1Y, are truly suitable for anyone who is not super tan in complexion (which I am not). Because both 2.1P and 2.1Y both happen to come off much more yellow and quite darker in tone than what is shown on the Internet of both of these shades.

Shades 2.1P gives off a very yellowish, very brown look to my face that does pull orange in undertone quickly after application. and 2.1Y, gives off a very yellow, very tanned look, to my face, that pulls even more orange in tone quickly after application than 2.1P does! I have an undertone that sometimes pulls more pink, while sometimes my skin's undertone appears more peachy. Which is why, when it comes to buying foundations online, it is always such a really hard task. Within The Ordinary's Medium category of shades, it's unfortunate that there's only 2 shades offered. Because for a lot of people that have medium complexions, these two shades definitely will not be a perfect match for you at all!

The opening to the pumps on The Ordinary foundations stay with foundation on them. It's hard to avoid this due, to the way that the foundation comes out. So, that is definitely something to be aware of, which is why, I keep all of The Ordinary foundations that I have within the individual boxes that they came in.

Now, I have never had to have to wait a long time to get any of The Ordinary foundations that I have ordered at all, which was a great thing. There are currently 21 shades offered, however, please be aware, that finding a complete shade match may be impossible for quite a number of people, so having to mix more than one foundation shade to get ones perfect match is something that I can see many people having to do, just like me. Also, please be aware of the oxidation situation that is common to quite a lot of The Ordinary's Foundations.

Right off the bat, The Ordinary's Coverage foundation doesn't provide full coverage upon initial application. However, it can be built up to ones desired level of coverage, even full coverage. I have only tried this foundation with a foundation brush and not a beauty blender (or one of its dupes), a cosmetic wedge, or my fingers. With a brush, you can get fuller coverage, than if one were to use their fingers or a beauty blender instead. Oh and even though the Coverage version is supposed to give more coverage than the Serum version, I don't notice a huge difference between the two coverage wise at all.

When it comes to my skin, I have sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin. Plus, I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face as well. I can say that that the use of a setting powder over this foundation is necessary. As, this foundation does not dry down to a matte finish, but instead has a finish that borders somewhat on being dewy, yet still looks natural. However, unfortunately, this foundation will transfer if not set well with powder, no matter your skintype.

The Ordinary Foundations have absolutely no scent to them at all. Also, I do not experience any really noticeable issues with them creasing or caking on me, however this may largely be due to my setting the foundation very well. And, I have not experienced any issues with this foundation causing lots of acne breakouts to erupt on my face at all, even though I have tried a lot of foundations have caused me to breakout constantly.

The Ordinary Foundations have become my go to foundations. As, I switch back and forth between the Full Coverage version and the Serum version, based upon my personal preference for the day or night. I think that any skintype can wear this foundation. Of course with any foundation, you have to set it well (with my powder of choice being the Ben Nye Banana Powder), for it to wear for a very long-time on the face, and for it to stay completely out and not transfer. If you happen to have oily or very oily skin, you will need to touch up with powder, or use an oil blotting sheet or sheets throughout the day, in order to keep your face as matte as possible for a very long time, until you take this foundation off. Because of my dry skintype, I set this foundation very well, and I don't find myself having to do any re-touches with powder throughout the day at all.

Personally, I plan to continue buying the Ordinary's foundations, because they happen to work well for me, I can adjust the shades to my personal liking on a daily basis, and due to their being very expensive, i can order several at one time, and still end up paying a very reasonable price overall. Personally, I would certainly recommend anyone giving this foundation a try, whether you are a teenager that's new to makeup, or a female that is of adult age as well. And, if you end up not liking it, you can always return it.

I did buy this foundation from off of the Deciem website. The foundation currently retails for $6.90 U.S. dollars. So, even though this foundation may be inexpensive, I do consider it to be of great quality!

on 8/21/2017 4:29:00 AM

Overall this is the best foudation i found in 2017. I tried Two faced Born This Way and Estee Lauder Double Wear. All are full coverage foundation leave my skin so heavy and cakey. Deciem the ordinary is so lightweight full coverage and natural. Best price too. Highly recommend.

on 8/11/2017 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the ordinary foundations. I have both The coverage and serum. I don't put primer i just moisturize my face well.it last all day for me and it gives me a healthy look. I have dry sensitive skin.with some redness and it covers well. I do set my face with very little powder and then spray it with my Mario Budescu facial mist. FYI the coverage Foundation does oxide so get a lighter color.

on 7/31/2017 10:49:00 PM

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It fit my fair skin 1000% and I got many compliments.
Usually foundation creases in my laugh lines pretty quick but this never did. The people who are giving it poor reviews must be confusing this with something else because it's perfect. Maybe it's only good for super super fair people?

on 6/5/2017 9:35:00 PM

I've been trying out this and the serum foundation for about two weeks now and I love them both! The coverage foundation is great for when I need a bit more than a light-medium coverage. Its definitely not full coverage but covers just enough to make my skin look nearly flawless. I've tried this with probably 5 different primers(both from the Ordinary, YSL blur primer, Laura Mercier radiance, CoverFX illuminating, plus a couple others I know I am forgetting). They all worked well under this foundation but my favourite is actually The Ordinary High Adherence primer. Lasts for 12-14 hours without separating, fading or sinking into any lines! This one is definitely a keeper!

on 5/27/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I received this product after about two months (7 weeks and a few more days) of wait and I am very happy about it. I purchased 1.1N (I am NC15 in MAC mineralize moisture foundation) and it turned out to look like it's 2 shades too light on the back of my hand. It is alright after I blend it out on my face but STILL a tiny bit too light.
I might have tanned a little bit over the last few days because according to Wayne Goss 1.1N is similar to NC15, so anyone out there who's about to order, you might want to order just a shade darker.

First off I have normal-combination skin, occasionally dry cheeks when I put too much powder on my face, so I tend to only apply a thin layer. I applied this foundation at 11am and it still looked fresh after 9 hours of wear. I tried blending it with fingers, blush, sponge, and I couldn't see big differences in the finish or coverage. It is not as spreadable as I imagined it would be, but the consistency is still very easy to work with. It sets in quickly and has semi-matte finish.

In terms of coverage, it was able to cover my dark circles pretty well with just one layer; I did not need extra concealer for my scar marks as it already made it way less noticeable. But I never liked concealing everything on my face (including scars) anyway, so I understand that some people may think that the coverage is not enough. My scars were still visible when I looked closely but the redness did not show anymore and I consider this medium coverage. Building up is also an option thus full coverage can be achieved.
It looked natural on my skin but still a bit makeup-ish and I personally love this finish. This finish reminds me of Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.

It did not have a smell, at least I did not notice any. The pump has a smart design; you can swist it to the right and lock it to prevent leakage, and only swirl to the left when you need to use. I saw some people complain that it is not an airtight design but I think it is...?
It has not yet break me out so far, so I'd say it is a very good foundation, and with this price I would definitely repurchase.

I would update if it ever breaks me out or if I notice anything worth knowing.

Edit: after a few more wearing (longer than 9 hours) I notice that it indeed does not have oil control property. It is now summer in the UK and I tend to have oilier skin during summer so this may be why I did not have a problem with oil before but only now. After 6 hours I notice that the satin finish is gone and my face is more shiny, however when I compare this to "oily" to my boyfriend, he said my skin looked healthy and radiant rather than oily that he actually liked it better. He commented that my skin looked a bit dry after 1 or 2 hours of wear (to me it was just satin finish) so there seems to be a drastic difference in terms of the lasting power of this foundation depending on skin type. I did not use powder to set my makeup that day just to see how good it lasts on it's own. I noticed that it settled into my smile lines a bit after 2 hours of wear which I did not notice before. I used Benefit that gal primer(brightening) and moisturized my face with cream but not a moisturizing serum and the satin finish was lovely and lasted for two or three hours, so the short lasting power probably was not because of the layers underneath but the choice of primer could make a difference. I will also try setting it with powder and see how it goes. Will update if I find anything useful because this foundation really is lovely.

Edit 2: setting with powder help a bit, mixing it with powder helped loads but also made it very sticky and way less spreadable but still won't be enough to hold the oil... I have so far found no way to work around with it without taking away the beautiful finish and texture. In conclusion this is not a long lasting foundation, it never claimed to have oil control ability so if you're only wearing makeup for a few hours or wouldn't mind blotting throughout the day, this is absolutely perfect for you. Probably not for me because i do not like having to touch up all the time

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was surprised how similar this foundation is to Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation. I have extremely dry skin, so both do initially feel quite drying as they settle. This foundation did feel fine though, getting a little dry toward the end of the day (happens with every foundation for me) I'd say it felt better than double wear. It's still not perfect for my skin type but none are so this was a pleasant surprise that it is only £5 and fared better than Estee Lauders which is way more expensive! I find the packaging really cute, I like the simplicity and although plastic can feel a little cheap, it makes it easier for traveling. And I love a pump! I apply all foundations with a damp real techniques sponge as it's best with my skin, the coverage with this is probably light-medium, but buildable. Overall, I'm impressed, especially for the price.