Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Well shame on me. I fell for the hype. Bought a variety of colors as they were cheap and there was no place I could see in person. Mixing 1.0N and 1.0P was a good color match. I tried with different primers (including the Ordinary) and without primers. Tried different moisturizers. It never really set. Slipped off and settled in dry areas. I have dry skin and it looked awful. I’m so very disappointed.

on 9/10/2017 10:08:00 AM

Frankly one of the worst foundations I've ever worn. I bought shade 2.1Y from the Deciem Covent Garden store and thankfully its under £6 because its going straight in the bin!

The formula is very thin and watery for a high coverage foundation. Somewhat equivalent in texture to the NYX total control drops or Loreal Magic nude liquid. Pigment wise, in comparison to other drugstore price, full coverage foundations like Milani 2 in 1 or Loreal total cover, this falls severely short. When swatched on the back of the hand this appears pigmented, but once applied (with brush or sponge) the coverage is poor and very patchy.

The worst part of this foundation is that once applied, it instantly sinks into all the fine lines and drier areas on your face you never even knew you had (not neccesarily "dry skin" - just an area a little drier than normal). It amplifies any existing skin issues and even adds more! Even if I used a blurring primer (eg. Benefit Porefessional or Garnier 5 sec Blur), all I had to do was smile once about 30 mins after application and suddenly the foundation had moved and created smile lines where there were none before. If you want to use this foundation, be sure to be expressionless! Also it exaggerates pores by sinking into them and then oxidising at a different rate to the rest of your face. Oxidation is also another problem I had, it changed colour from a light medium yellow tone to a warm orange within 20 mins of application with the addition of an ashy white cast.

When I attempted to mix this with other foundations (just to see if I could salvage SOME USE from it, it overpowered their formulas and clung to skin in its usual horrid way. I did a half face of milani and half of this for comparison and the result was shocking! Im only 24 and this made me look older, giving my combination skin texture, patchy coverage, chalkiness and crepey finish where the milani formula gave a smooth and youthful look. I repeated the experiment with Loreal total cover and event the Bourjois healthy mix foundation and the result was the same.

The formula never really sets or dries down and transfers even 1 hour after application. Now, when this transfers it doesn't just smudge a little, it completely comes off! It starts getting patchy and oily around 2 hours after wearing on a cloudy, windy day, i cant imagine this would wear well in warm weather or even at all on oily skinned people.

I don't recommend application with a sponge as the thin formula means your sponge will simply soak it up. Even with a kabuki brush, a completely even coverage could not be achieved.

I tried every which way to love this foundation, with different moisturisers, different primers, mixing it with other foundations, different setting powders and different application techniques but theres just no getting away from the fact that this is poorly formulated. Its really awful. Like I said, Im glad its only £5.90 because its going straight in the bin. The only reason I can see for this being sold out and popular is because Deciem dont have as many bad reviews on their page as here, which is suspicious....

UPDATE: DECIEM refused to publish my honest review because they "cannot verify that i purchased the product from" them.

I love some of Deciem's skincare formulations but this has to be one of the worst makeup products I have ever tried.

on 9/6/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Horrible horrible horrible for Oily skin! It made me look extremely oily all the time and it rubbed off on everything, I really tried to make this foundation work. I tried primers and setting powders, I tried it with a totally clean face void of any creams but it always turned into a horrible mess; like I smeared baby oil all over my face and then threw baby powder onto it; caking by my nose and around my eyes but a greasy oily mess everywhere else eeeeeeeeeww!!

on 8/20/2017 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

i bought this foundation because i've seen all the good reviews about it and it only costs me IDR 170 so i decided to give it a shot. i bought mine in 2.1Y (i'm NC35) and the first time i tried it on my skin i was like "ooo shizz" because the color is sooo yellow-ish and it oxidizes real fast, everytime i use it my face looks waaay darker and i have to set this foundation with a colored pressed powder instead of my RCMA to match my actual skin tone. despite the nice coverage and natural finish, it gets oily within 3-4 hours on my dry skin and that's sooo confusing, even a dewy-finish foundation doesn't make my skin oily, but this one?!?! and the last problem i encountered while i was using this foundation is... it breaks my skin out. my skin is not sensitive, not acne-prone, never reacted badly to any skincare/makeup product before, and i never had a single acne for months before i used this foundation. i tried to love this foundation, had a thought to buy another one in lighter shade, and within a week i totally changed my mind because there's no way i would want to use a foundation that gave me two giant pimples and clogged pores all over my face, not anymore. i guess it's because of the coconut alkanes and a bunch of silicone derivatives in it, though i don't exactly know, i use silicone primer sometimes and some of my foundations also contain silicone but they don't break me out, so maybe this foundation is simply not for me.

I was looking forward to find a new favourite foundation but unfortunately I was extremely disappointed :(
For reference: I'm around an NC20 and I got the shade 1.2N which is a pretty good match. I was a bit surprised though how yellow their N=natural shades ran. Initially, the shade matches but the oxidation is crazy! Right when I apply it my face looks like a light NC20 and 10min later I look like a very orange NW30.
The foundation applies easily and offers medium coverage - most definitely not full. The finish is meant to be a semi-matte I think, but the reality is that this foundation looks extremely greasy/oily and never seems to set properly. Even with a good amount of my HG mattifying powder it still struggels to set properly and looks kind of dewy?! Unfortunately, it also sits in my pores and fine lines from the very beginning. It forms those little "dots" of foundation in my pores, which that makes me feel very uncomfortable. I don't usually have problems with my pores..
The last thing is the longevity: The fact that it has that greasy finish and doesn't properly set makes it not last on my combo/oily skin at all. After around 2 hours it slides around my face and comes off immediately even if I barely touch it.
I gave it to both of my sisters to try and they both gave it back to me - It must be quite a bad foundation, because they usually take everything haha ;) Eventually, I ended up throwing this foundation in the bin.

It was only around 6 Euros, so I'm not crying over it, but I really can't recommend this foundation. Maybe it works okay if you have very dry to dry skin...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this so bad! Because it's cheap, I figured I could get it for both evenings out (when I want more coverage) and to mix it with other stuff, for my daily tinted moisturizer (I use sunscreen, foundation, and a bit of shimmer cream to illuminate).

However, it keeps sliding off my face, like if I touch it, there is going to be a finger mark. It doesn't ever set, and feels tacky on the skin unless I use a lot of setting powder. It highlights my imperfections in a really weird way, like dryness I didn't even know was there. It doesn't even play well with others, cause it doesn't matter what I mix it with, it's just going to ruin the other products.

I used it yesterday with a drop of my face shimmer, and after Sunday Riley's tinted primer, and when I came across a mirror I realized with sheer horror that it just looked like a greasy layer on top of my skin. If anything had touched my face, like my sleeve or a tissue, it would just have been wiped off. It seems to me very unlikely that the people who tested this foundation before it was released never had this problem.

I'd like to add that I exfoliate my skin really well once a week, and use acids at night, so it generally have a healthy, smooth and non-clogged skin, which constitutes a good canvas; I never came across a foundation that never sets, it's completely new to me, and I don't use that much product- I'm careful and build it up progressively.

I can't possibly recommend it to anyone. It's cheap, but it's also really, really bad. Don't bother buying.

Edit: Case in point > I dropped the tiniest bit of product on the lid of another product and didn't notice. Days after I used it, it never dried out. When I touched it to wipe it off, it was still as liquid as the first day. I think this is just not meant to set at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really wanted to like this, because it's so affordable and has natural ingredients. Was also hoping for a light foundation for Summer months, but something that would stop me getting oily in my pesky t-zone. I matched well to the 1.1n (I'm MAC NC15) and I like the way it applies, a little does go a long way and it still feels light on the skin. It also has a semi-matte finish, which is nicer than a flat matte look.However, as soon as I've applied the problems start... it never sets, just feels like it's sitting there on top of my skin. I've tried with and without primer (ordinary's own), with and without powder, and the results are the same. I only have to touch my face and it comes off onto my finger, leaving a nice streak. In a few hours I'm a mess of grease and separated, oxidized foundation. Thankfully I didn't pay more for this, otherwise I'd feel completely swindled by the promises. Maybe it would work for those with drier skin, but definitely not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was really lucky to find the right shade straight away, but ..did not ike it much. It did stick to every single dry patch on my face. Then got better after an hour or so simply because everything did start to get oily. And then it did start to separate. Badly. The sides of my nose were the worst. Medium coverage (I am used to full) .Basically an ok foundation if you are planning to stay out three hours max. Only good point is that it did not break me out , as most foundations do. Will not repurchase and actually gave my two bottles to a friend already. FYI , I am a NC25 in Mac and Sand in Estee Lauder Double Wear and shade 1.2Y was PERFECT.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, I waited soooooo long! Soooooo long, almost 3 months for this foundation. I have used this for 3 days now and I just can't deal with this foundation any longer. I was so heart broken on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time I tried it. I was expecting so much because Wayne Goss said so along with their skincare line that totally broke me out (that's another review). Now back to this foundation. I am an NC30-NC35. I got 3 shades because I thought, foundation (2.1Y), concealer/highlight shade (1.2Y) and a contour shade (3.2N). Let's just say I am glad I got two different shade of yellow undertone.

1.2Y beautiful shade really yellow but it's light. BUT this oxidises into a banana shade!

2.1Y this is actually an orange more so than a yellow! You will look like an ompaloompa (not sure if that's how it's spelt)

3.2N beautiful shade for contouring and bronzing until it goes muddy!

Primer used for 3 days: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, MUF Step 1 smoothing, Jouer Antiblemish Primer

Setting Powder used for 3 days: RCMA no colour powder, MAC SF and MAC MSF

Setting Spray used for 3 days: Gerard Cosmetics Slay All day and Australis Matte spray

I used my fingers at first, then I feel so gross and finish it off with my Beauty Blender. I used a brush, yeah don't bother!

All combo failed! FAILED spectacularly!!!

Cons;
- settles to fine lines, does nothing for pores even with great primer, highlights texture! So unflattering to my skin. Reminded me of my experience with the KVD lock it foundation.
- it oxidise like no one's business!!!
- it last for 2hrs at most. I can't even blot and fix it because it just disappear and seperate in areas
- it is patchy with a non silicone primer
- what coverage??? You can't even layer this foundation more than twice to build coverage. Terrible mess!

Pro's;
- It didn't break me out
- good controlled pump
- Price is Ok. It's almost $13AUD and I got 3 of them so almost $40 wasted.
- Shade range is good, but like I said above, it oxidises and the 2.1Y is orange!!!!

This reminds me of a BB cream. But you probably get a better result with a BB cream. Not mature skin friendly. I am mad at this foundation as you can probably tell. I suffered 3 days of humiliating bad foundation day at work. Mind you, it's winter in Australia right now so I am combo and not that oily at the moment. If you have a younger skin with not many problematic facial issues then this foundation can possibly work well for you. But it's a big FAIL for me.

on 6/13/2017 9:39:00 AM

Waited so long for this but it was awful patchy hardly any coverage yuck