Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 56 & Over
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

3.5

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 9/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm a hard sell when it comes to foundations. I have light-medium, acne prone skin, with neutral undertones, and finding a workable color, texture and finish is a major pain (I'm sure they hate me at Sephora). In my opinion, this matches the quality of the expensive brands. I purchased 2.0 N, and the color is perfect. It applied easily, with medium coverage and a natural-looking finish. My skin looks a bit candle-lit. If you find that this foundation makes your skin look dull, the color is probably a shade too dark for you. If I find that it doesn't last the day, or creates any other problem, I will update this post, but for now, I'm really happy with this.
UPDATE: I have used this multiple times now, and I still give it 5 stars. For those who complain that it's watery, you have to shake the bottle before dispensing. This imparts a wonderful finish to my skin and doesn't make me oily by the end of the day (I use oil at least once a day, so my skin doesn't need to produce more oil on its own). I find that it applies better and lasts longer on my skin if I stipple it on with a thick brush (ELF has a great one with white bristles) rather than a beauty blender, which just waters it down and makes it disappear before the end of the day.

on 6/5/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Purchased this in the shade 1.2N. My normal shade is between MAC NW18-20. As a 59 year old, my skin is normal to dry but with very large pores due to aging and old acne scars and some discolorations. I first tried applying it with my fingers and was surprised by how pigmented it was. A little goes a very long way. Unfortunately, I found the shade slightly too yellow, and the overall effect was too high coverage and flat. I next tried sheering it out with a damp sponge. The effect was slightly better, but still not very flattering, as it seemed to emphasize my pores and lines. On my third attempt I decided to try it with an illuminating primer (Becca Backlight Priming Filter) and the sponge. Slightly better but still not flattering. I think the problem is the foundation's texture and how it works on my skin. It provides high coverage for discolorations but does nothing to smooth or blur textural imperfections. I may have been better off trying the Serum Foundation in this line. For now, I'll go back to my current faves -- MUFE Ultra HD in R250 which for me is perfect match colour-wise and looks very natural while providing medium coverage, and the Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-free foundation in N25, which provides higher coverage without looking cakey and is soothing on my skin when it is feeling irritated in the winter.

Video Reviews & Tutorials