Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

3.0

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 8/18/2018 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

The consistency is lovely, not heavy or watery. I have combination skin and it worked well, skin didn't look shiny until a few hours later and it also didn't settle in the wrinkles around my eyes. I think I could buy one 3 shades lighter and it would work as an undereye concealer. It's described as semi -matte, which I would agree.

The coverage is medium but very heavily pigmented - initially I thought the colour match was good, but I think my complexion falls between shades - I'm used to using Mac foundation which is comprehensive in the colours it provides. As such, because of the strength of the pigment, I do blend it out a little more than I would normally.

I like the bottle, its simple but effective - no top but the lock on the pump clicks easily into place. I would buy it again but try a shade down. And at the price, it doesn't feel like I have made an expensive error.

on 7/21/2018 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am so very surprised by how much I loved this foundation. I am 48 with combo skin that leans towards oily. I am also cursed with large pores.
First let me say that I used UD optical illusion primer. I love this so much. It helps minimize the pores for me.
I got the 1.2N shade. It's a good match. I have been using LM Minerals in Tender Rose or KA sensual skin in sx5 or Bare Minerals fairly light. I used my beauty blender.
The coverage is better than I thought it would be. It feels lightweight yet covered everything great. But didn't look or feel caked. It lasted very well too a full 10 hours of hot summer with the heat index around 115 today. Still looking great when I washed off.
The price of this is so much less than my others that I can see myself using and switching to it.
Overall I really loved this. Well worth a try for the price. Great coverage.

Incredible product. Many many shades to cover ALL skintones. I am a hard match - golden beige. I am thrilled. I'm stocking up!

on 6/22/2018 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I guess that the problem with this product is the misleading name. You think it is something like EL Double Wear, something longlasting, mattifying and with lots of coverage. Instead I would compare it more to a nourishing, natural looking foundation with medium coverage and decently long lasting.

I have been experimenting with foundations lately because I'm getting older and I have the impression that not matter how good, every foundation will highlight my skin texture with pores and lines. I have always preferred the matte finish to the dewy because I have an oily T-zone but now it is starting to make me look caked up. This is when I started testing all the "nude" and "naked" textures, starting with EL Double Wear Nude in Ecru, to Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in 12 and Les Beiges in 10, to UD Naked in 2.0, 2.5 and 1.5. The Chanel were the worse - Velvet was like applying sandpaper on my skin and the Beiges was just too watered down, no coverage whatsoever and gone by midday. Also, the shade range is very poor because it only caters for yellow toned skin and both contain alcohol. The ED and UD were much better in terms of shades, consistency and natural, luminos look, but coverage and lasting power were not really satisfying, or at least not so much to stray from my current favourites, MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Foundation in NW20 - the one in the tube, Clarins Extra Comfort in 105 (for days when my skin is dry) and EL Double Wear in Ecru, for days when my skin is particularly oily and using only a bit and with lots of buffing.

I have bought this foundation online because I needed to spend a bit more in order to get free shipment, and I was prepared to be very disappointed because some vloggers had scathing reviews for this foundation. So imagine the pleasure when I opened the package, saw the little pump bottle, tried a drop on the back of my hand, decided that it felt quite good and the colour seemed to be perfect. On my face it went like a dream. It is quite liquid and viscous so I didn't apply much because it didn't dry fast and it seemed highly pigmented, I started instead with some little dots and worked through my face, using my fingers only and adding some layers where I thought I needed. I finished with some powder only on my T-zone because I liked the skin like texture (yay!!!) and because the first time I try a foundation I don't want to use any helpers to see how it performs on its own.

So, this is my verdict:
This is a beautiful foundation if you find the right shade, have a normal to combination or slightly dry skin, don't need too much coverage but prefer the natural look. In this case this is as good, or even better, than some high-end foundations I have been trying lately.
Although the consistency is quite liquid, it feels very creamy, almost emollient like a BB cream and it is very easy to apply with fingers first and to buff into my skin with a brush, also because it doesn't dry very fast, it actually takes some time. On the more oily areas it behaves like my other long-lasting foundations: it starts melting after 4 hours but nothing some blotting or few touch ups couldn't fix.
What I really like is that my face looks radiant and this is something that I have missed from the other high-end foundations. It just has that luminosity that at my age is an important factor.

The most important advice I can give are: don't plaster your face with it at once but start with just a little and build up where you think you need, using only your fingers, like if you were applying a BB cream or moisturizer, and buff with a brush at the end. And give it the time to settle and dry. Also, don't apply it on a skin that is already overloaded with mousturizer, sunscreen and primer. It is just too much for any skin and this will only exacerbate the problems that you are trying to cover up.

One problem could be finding the right shade as in the medium and deep section they seem to be very very yellow toned. I have 1.0N and it looks perfect for my winter NW18/20 complexion. I guess I could also wear 1.0P and everything in the 1 to 1.1 range but anything above could turn too yellow/orange on my neutral skin.
Although I have many different expensive foundations I have been enjoying using this a lot more lately. Probably in summer it won't work because it is too emollient and I probably won't be able to find the right shade, but for my winter skin this is great.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this because of all of the wonderful reviews I've seen on You Tube. Great coverage and low cost, they said.

Pros: The price point is wonderful. Under $7 for a 1 oz bottle is great (plus shipping, of course). The packaging is great. It's a plastic bottle, but it has a good pump on it. It's not fancy, but it's practical. The color range is fabulous. I love how they have warm, cool, and neutral. (I ended up settling on a 1.1N. I am fair (although more so in winter) and pull neither yellow nor pink.)

Cons: I usually use two products in the morning: A moisturizer and my foundation. I use Kat Von D's Tattoo Foundation, and get great coverage with not a lot of product. With The Ordinary, I end up using FOUR products: Moisturizer, primer, a second primer for pores on my oily sections, and the foundation. The foundation doesn't seem to set, either. I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply. It takes forever to apply because it just sits on the skin. I tried using a brush, but because it doesn't set it just streaked everywhere. I also use a lot of product for the same amount of coverage. It leaves me wondering if I would really save money in the long run, because I'd be ripping through bottles of this stuff, where a bottle of KVD lasts me months. It settles in pores, therefore I have to use the primer and a little of The Porefessional in my oily spots. The finish is very matte, which doesn't bode well for my fairly dry skin. KVD is matte, but not THIS matte! (Although I agree with other reviewers, this might be good for oily skin. But beware of the pores!)

IF you need light coverage and have oily skin, this might work for you. Maybe it would set quicker?

THEREFORE, I will not be repurchasing. The application time is the biggest drawback for me, as it doesn't set. It's annoying, frankly. And I just don't think I'd save money in the long run. With shipping I'm paying over $10 a bottle for this, and with KVD I pay $35. I really do think that I go through about three times as much of this.

Bummer. I really wanted to like this.

on 10/23/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I joined the queue waiting (impatiently) for its delivery on launch - let me tell you it felt like forever! In the meantime mixed reviews began filtering out leaving me somewhat skeptical. So, I didn't try this for a while - what a mistake. This, for me, is a lovely foundation - as it's pigment, you don't get that horrid cakey look and because of that it's totally buildable. It's a different concept of foundation but it just works. A word of caution - this is VERY matte, and us more mature ladies will need to add some life (ie. light) back into our skin; hourglass works a treat. For the incredibly low price point it is worth a try. It's a brilliant, cheap everyday foundation, but I have to admit for nights out and special occasions I prefer the EL Nude foundation as it gives a lovely glow ( not greasy look). For reference I'm NW20 and bought shade 2.0 which works a treat.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was really lucky to find the right shade straight away, but ..did not ike it much. It did stick to every single dry patch on my face. Then got better after an hour or so simply because everything did start to get oily. And then it did start to separate. Badly. The sides of my nose were the worst. Medium coverage (I am used to full) .Basically an ok foundation if you are planning to stay out three hours max. Only good point is that it did not break me out , as most foundations do. Will not repurchase and actually gave my two bottles to a friend already. FYI , I am a NC25 in Mac and Sand in Estee Lauder Double Wear and shade 1.2Y was PERFECT.

The packaging and price are nice on this, but that's about it. I absolutely hated this. I bought this when it first came out and waited forever for it to come- but that was fine, as I knew it would take a long time, so I don't hold that against it! I was so excited when it came. I also bought the High Adherence Silicone Primer because Wayne Goss used this in his YouTube video trying it (and it's cheap too).

I got 1.1 N and 1.2 N- the 1.2N was really yellow, but both still worked okay color wise on my skin.

It was awful. Truly awful. I tried it with the high adherence primer, by the end of the day it had worn off in patches, looked like it hardly covered. It was even kind of greasy. Totally awful. It looked good for about 3 minutes after I applied it with my brush (I use an Artis copy brush from Crown that I got in a Boxycharm)

So the next day I tried it with my favorite primer, the UD Optical Illusion primer- that normally makes me look airbrushed- and it was the same thing. Truly awful. I tried it with my RT sponge, awful. I tried it with my Elf prep and hydrate primer. Awful.

After looking awful at work for so many days, I decided never again. So now I'm trying to figure out if I will give this to someone with dryer skin (I have combo/dry) or just throw it out.

I have to say, I've tried the high adherence primer with my regular foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and I really like the primer. So there's that.

I love a lot of things from The Ordinary- this is absolutely not one of them.

on 6/11/2017 11:41:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product after Wayne Goss recommended it. I have both pink and yellow undertones and can usually either wear NW20 or NC20 in MAC. I hopped on eBay and found 1.2N for a reasonable price (more than you would usually pay, but not outrageous). I received it quickly and tried it on the next day with The Ordinary primer. My daughter also tried it with the Pores No More primer. I am 46 and have dry skin and my daughter is 23 and has oily skin. For both of us, it went on beautifully. We used the MAC 196 foundation brush. It gave full coverage and left a soft finish. We each topped it with a light dusting of powder, I used MAC prep and prime transparent loose powder and she used MAC Studio Fix Powder. For me throughout the day, it became more yellow. By the end of the day, it was really yellow and I looked like I used the color banana on my face. In addition, it didn't hold up. Even with my dry skin, it faded on my chin, nose, and cheeks enough that it was obvious. For my daughter, within an hour, it oxidized the other way and became really orange, which was crazy because it has yellow undertones, and separated on her nose, chin, and cheeks so that it looked like she was two completely different colors and the makeup was floating on top. She immediately took it off and went back to her MAC. I was so disappointed in this product.