Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.0

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh YES...... This is amazing. I wasn't sure what to expect and it blew my mind... It's all I have been wearing for the last month and I'm totally in love with it. I have normal/dry skin. I apply this after serums and moisturizer AND sunscreen. The finish it leaves is beautiful. The packaging is travel friendly, stays on my skin all day. I brush a light powder over it in the t-zone... It's lovely... Great job DECIEM and so very affordable.... I'm a huge fan!! Can't wait to see more makeup products from this brand! <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was really lucky to find the right shade straight away, but ..did not ike it much. It did stick to every single dry patch on my face. Then got better after an hour or so simply because everything did start to get oily. And then it did start to separate. Badly. The sides of my nose were the worst. Medium coverage (I am used to full) .Basically an ok foundation if you are planning to stay out three hours max. Only good point is that it did not break me out , as most foundations do. Will not repurchase and actually gave my two bottles to a friend already. FYI , I am a NC25 in Mac and Sand in Estee Lauder Double Wear and shade 1.2Y was PERFECT.

The packaging and price are nice on this, but that's about it. I absolutely hated this. I bought this when it first came out and waited forever for it to come- but that was fine, as I knew it would take a long time, so I don't hold that against it! I was so excited when it came. I also bought the High Adherence Silicone Primer because Wayne Goss used this in his YouTube video trying it (and it's cheap too).

I got 1.1 N and 1.2 N- the 1.2N was really yellow, but both still worked okay color wise on my skin.

It was awful. Truly awful. I tried it with the high adherence primer, by the end of the day it had worn off in patches, looked like it hardly covered. It was even kind of greasy. Totally awful. It looked good for about 3 minutes after I applied it with my brush (I use an Artis copy brush from Crown that I got in a Boxycharm)

So the next day I tried it with my favorite primer, the UD Optical Illusion primer- that normally makes me look airbrushed- and it was the same thing. Truly awful. I tried it with my RT sponge, awful. I tried it with my Elf prep and hydrate primer. Awful.

After looking awful at work for so many days, I decided never again. So now I'm trying to figure out if I will give this to someone with dryer skin (I have combo/dry) or just throw it out.

I have to say, I've tried the high adherence primer with my regular foundation (Revlon Colorstay) and I really like the primer. So there's that.

I love a lot of things from The Ordinary- this is absolutely not one of them.

on 6/11/2017 11:41:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product after Wayne Goss recommended it. I have both pink and yellow undertones and can usually either wear NW20 or NC20 in MAC. I hopped on eBay and found 1.2N for a reasonable price (more than you would usually pay, but not outrageous). I received it quickly and tried it on the next day with The Ordinary primer. My daughter also tried it with the Pores No More primer. I am 46 and have dry skin and my daughter is 23 and has oily skin. For both of us, it went on beautifully. We used the MAC 196 foundation brush. It gave full coverage and left a soft finish. We each topped it with a light dusting of powder, I used MAC prep and prime transparent loose powder and she used MAC Studio Fix Powder. For me throughout the day, it became more yellow. By the end of the day, it was really yellow and I looked like I used the color banana on my face. In addition, it didn't hold up. Even with my dry skin, it faded on my chin, nose, and cheeks enough that it was obvious. For my daughter, within an hour, it oxidized the other way and became really orange, which was crazy because it has yellow undertones, and separated on her nose, chin, and cheeks so that it looked like she was two completely different colors and the makeup was floating on top. She immediately took it off and went back to her MAC. I was so disappointed in this product.

on 5/30/2017 8:57:00 AM

Well it's about as good as a foundation as one would expect from something so cheap.
I got the lightest neutral shade for my NW15 complexion. and while it look really white upon application, it did oxidize to a shade that matched me well.
I applied over my moisturizer with a damp BB, and I liked it initially. It covered well I think (but I don't really have much to cover, just redness), and it had a satin finish that looked pretty. The problem came later on, about 4-5 hours in, when I realized it somehow had vanished from my cheeks so that some of the redness showed through. I hadn't touched my face or anything, so it just kind of vanished on its own. It also started looking a bit grainy, like it had sank into pores (but didn't look TOO disgusting, like some other foundations tend to do).
It didn't irritate my face or anything, and I can't say if it breaks me out because I only wore it once.

I think I will keep using it when I run errands but I don't need it to last for a long time, it's not a bad product at all, but it doesn't compare to my go-to foundations (Smashbox and ELDWL).

The price is really good, cheaper than d/s foundations, but I wouldn't rebuy.

I thought that I was so lucky to purchase Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation before they were sold out.

I purchased three shades, 1.0P, 1.1P and 2.1 P. All are suppose to be for fair skin with pink undertones. They took ages to get here to Australia but they finally arrived and I have been playing with them for about two weeks now. Comes in a pump bottle and one pump is enough to cover your whole face and neck.

1.0P and 1.1P are very light but 2.1P came out mustard yellow. If you mix in the lighter shades, it does make it wearable but on its own it is not for fair skin.

All I can say is BIG disappointment. This is suppose to be their full coverage foundation as opposed to their serum which provides light coverage. This foundation didn't even cover my redness after two applications. I tried, blending with my fingers, brush and blender and all ended up with the same result, very poor coverage.

Within an hour the foundation was wearing away on the high points of my face, forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. My face looked like I had patches of foundation showing through my real skin, my skin felt dry, red and splotchy but looked oily and shiny. It is very cold here in Australia, heading into winter so I can't even blame it on hot weather, making my foundation slide.

I used The Ordinary Primer and my usual Kat Von D primer and neither helped this foundation to stay put. My skin looked red and my nose shiny, which considering I have very dry skin and haven't suffered from oiliness in over 30 years is a feat in its self. This foundation just doesn't last, even with a good dusting of finishing powder and setting spray.

I applied the darker 2.1P foundation which was very yellow and then applied the lighter 1.0P over the top for a fuller, lighter shade coverage that matched my skintone but nothing I did could save this foundation from a negative review.

It showed every flaw, pore and wrinkle to spectacular effect and is not worth the money spent. It may be a cheap foundation ($13 in Australia) but I have had cheaper foundations work much better.

After being very impressed with their skincare range their foundation is a huge letdown.

As for the YouTube Gurus who give this product a thumbs up review, they are all #influencersforprofit and I would take everything they say with a grain of salt, it's all part of their pay check. I only ever use YouTube to try and colour match skin tones, I will use my own brain to make up my mind if a product is good or not. The best places for honest reviews is right here at MakeupAlley and go by what the majority say as it is always suspicious when one or two positives out of a whole bunch of negatives say it's great, that's usually the company trying to even the score. Instead of letting the people speak they should be spending their time improving their shabby product.