Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.8

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 5/2/2018 11:11:00 PM

I love the ordinary line....and i have purchased many items over and over again from it...however, this foundation isn't one of them. Granted, I have about 4 different shade in this foundation when i first wanted to try it out but i wouldn't be buying it again.

I like the fact that this foundation has a very broad shade line and is extremely inexpensive. It's a very thin foundation. Spreads easily on the skin and gives decent coverage. However, this foundation cakes up very badly around the nose area or anywhere that has creasing. Keep in mind i have dry / combo skin.

My gripe with this foundation (well 2) is 1) this foundation doesn't set. it stays wet the entire time and even with powder, it still transfers extremely easily.

2) This also broke me out like crazy... in cystic acne as well as under the skin bumps which never come to a head. They are painful and take weeks to go away.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Good coverage and right color for my skin tone. No complaints at all.

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. Oily combination skin with acne scar but no active or cystic acne at the moment.

I have been really enjoying this foundation. For the shade to work for me I ordered both 2.0YG and 2.1Y and mix 1.5 pumps of 2.0YG with 0.5 pump of 2.1Y. The coverage is not as full as they intend to but I would say it has a good medium to full coverage. I'm not sure if it's that buildable because this does require more time to set comparing to my others. It blends nicely and stays all day. Granted I have yet tried this in the summer when I'm perpetually drenched in sweat but I do have high hopes for it. It doesn't do much for oil control but nor it claims to be. With some minimal blotting my face looks fresh again. I also really love the price (who doesn't) and the simple and no frills packaging. It comes with a pump with a lock and that's even better for traveling.

The shade range for this is actual,y quite good. The only gripe I have about this is there is quite a big jump between the two seemingly very close shades I purchased. 2.0YG was pretty true to the description with a strong yellow golden tone but 2.1Y all so a sudden seems at least 3 shades darker and very orange. Hopefully they will improve on that.

Overall very amazed and glad I ordered it and already ordered backups for this. Will recommend.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Truly awful foundation which never quite sets (despite generous application of translucent powder)... and left my normal/slightly combo skin looking greasy within an hour of application. (I caught a glance of my reflection in the office elevator and almost gasped audibly).

I tried this with a number of mattifying primers ....but nothing stopped it from sliding down my face. Trust me...this is one foundation you do not want to wear to a soirée...for fear of leaving traces on the cheeks and couture of your fellow revellers. Air Kissing from a safe distance is the way to go if you do!

For shade ref 2.1y = NC42

on 11/21/2017 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in a very fair color, and use it mostly in winter when my skintone has changed into a whiter version where my Clarins skin illusion in Honey gets a bit too dark. It’s easy to mix and goes with almost every other foundation brand. But it’s too watery for my liking when applying it alone. For this price, you kan buy different colors and mix depending on your skin tone at the moment.

I love The Ordinary foundations! I think for day-to-day, running around when you don't want to wear your Armani or Koh Gen Do $70 foundations, this fits the bill perfectly. Would I wear it on my wedding day? No. But for everyday it's amazing.

I apply mine right after moisturizer and then a light diffusing primer. Currently loving the Becca Backlight. This is a fairly flat finish foundation, so the glow primer helps give it more of a satin finish, which I prefer in my 30's. The combination of the light diffusing and applying it right after moisturizer helps it become more of a medium coverage vs. a full coverage look.

I set with powder and a setting spray and get all day wear. I have dry, sensitive skin and this doesn't cling or get patchy. The Fair shades didn't oxidize on me much, but the Light shades did, as I got into the level 2 shades. I have been using a combination of 1.1N and 1.2N. I think if you are trying to decide between shades, go with the lighter one, because these do oxidize somewhat and dry a bit darker than when first applied.

It should be noted that I typically hate drugstore foundations. Not because I'm a beauty snob (quite the opposite, I think there is a thrill in finding affordable products that deliver). The finish is always too dewy or too matte. As a makeup artist, I need the base to be flawless, or else the rest of the look will be a hot mess - I typically use Armani, Koh Gen Do, and RCMA. Again, not trying to be a snob, just illustrating that I'm really picky about my foundations. Also, there must be an ingredient in most drugstore foundations that makes my skin burn and breaks me out the next day so badly. I usually avoid drugstore foundations altogether.

So I approached The Ordinary foundations with some skepticism that they'd actually work. The serum foundation was ok for me, but the Full Coverage has really become a go-to for me. No burning, no breakouts, and a nice, natural skin-like finish. It also doesn't feel heavy at all, which I love. I think The Ordinary really did a nice job with this foundation.

I did a swatch video of all the shades I purchased, because I did have some trouble deciding from their site:

on 9/8/2017 3:39:00 PM

The yellow is slightly too yellow for my skin but the consistency and finish is as good as a premium brand...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I own this foundation in 3 shades-1.2Y, 1.2YG, 2.0YG, 2.1P and 2.1Y. All 5 have yellow undertones to them, with the1.2 YG and 2.0YG shades having the most yellow to them, due to them having added gold accents to them And, out of the 4 colors mentioned, the only ones that stay true to color are 1.2Y, 1.2YG, and 2.0YG, and 2.0YG, while 2.1P and 2.1Y definitely oxidize for sure. I initially started with 2.1P, and even went on to order 2.1Y, however, due to neither of them being perfect matches for my medium skintone, due to how much they ended up oxidizing on me, I had to find much lighter shades to mix them with, which is how I ended up buying 1.2Y, 1.2YG and 2.0YG. Unfortunately, if you have a true medium toned complexion like I do, neither the 2.1P or 2.1Y, are truly suitable for anyone who is not super tan in complexion (which I am not). Because both 2.1P and 2.1Y both happen to come off much more yellow and quite darker in tone than what is shown on the Internet of both of these shades.

Shades 2.1P gives off a very yellowish, very brown look to my face that does pull orange in undertone quickly after application. and 2.1Y, gives off a very yellow, very tanned look, to my face, that pulls even more orange in tone quickly after application than 2.1P does! I have an undertone that sometimes pulls more pink, while sometimes my skin's undertone appears more peachy. Which is why, when it comes to buying foundations online, it is always such a really hard task. Within The Ordinary's Medium category of shades, it's unfortunate that there's only 2 shades offered. Because for a lot of people that have medium complexions, these two shades definitely will not be a perfect match for you at all!

The opening to the pumps on The Ordinary foundations stay with foundation on them. It's hard to avoid this due, to the way that the foundation comes out. So, that is definitely something to be aware of, which is why, I keep all of The Ordinary foundations that I have within the individual boxes that they came in.

Now, I have never had to have to wait a long time to get any of The Ordinary foundations that I have ordered at all, which was a great thing. There are currently 21 shades offered, however, please be aware, that finding a complete shade match may be impossible for quite a number of people, so having to mix more than one foundation shade to get ones perfect match is something that I can see many people having to do, just like me. Also, please be aware of the oxidation situation that is common to quite a lot of The Ordinary's Foundations.

Right off the bat, The Ordinary's Coverage foundation doesn't provide full coverage upon initial application. However, it can be built up to ones desired level of coverage, even full coverage. I have only tried this foundation with a foundation brush and not a beauty blender (or one of its dupes), a cosmetic wedge, or my fingers. With a brush, you can get fuller coverage, than if one were to use their fingers or a beauty blender instead. Oh and even though the Coverage version is supposed to give more coverage than the Serum version, I don't notice a huge difference between the two coverage wise at all.

When it comes to my skin, I have sensitive, dry-to-very dry, acne prone skin. Plus, I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face as well. I can say that that the use of a setting powder over this foundation is necessary. As, this foundation does not dry down to a matte finish, but instead has a finish that borders somewhat on being dewy, yet still looks natural. However, unfortunately, this foundation will transfer if not set well with powder, no matter your skintype.

The Ordinary Foundations have absolutely no scent to them at all. Also, I do not experience any really noticeable issues with them creasing or caking on me, however this may largely be due to my setting the foundation very well. And, I have not experienced any issues with this foundation causing lots of acne breakouts to erupt on my face at all, even though I have tried a lot of foundations have caused me to breakout constantly.

The Ordinary Foundations have become my go to foundations. As, I switch back and forth between the Full Coverage version and the Serum version, based upon my personal preference for the day or night. I think that any skintype can wear this foundation. Of course with any foundation, you have to set it well (with my powder of choice being the Ben Nye Banana Powder), for it to wear for a very long-time on the face, and for it to stay completely out and not transfer. If you happen to have oily or very oily skin, you will need to touch up with powder, or use an oil blotting sheet or sheets throughout the day, in order to keep your face as matte as possible for a very long time, until you take this foundation off. Because of my dry skintype, I set this foundation very well, and I don't find myself having to do any re-touches with powder throughout the day at all.

My biggest con in regards to the Deciem foundations is that there is no single shade within the line that is a perfect match for me. And, after a while, always having to mix two shades together in order to get a close enough match, become quite tedious to do. However, at this point, I have found a foundation line that I don't have to mix and match shades with, and that is all around a much better foundation, and that is the L.A. Colors Truly Matte foundation, which is definitely the best foundation that I can say, that I've ever tried!

I did buy thie Serum foundation from off of the Deciem website. The foundation currently retails for $6.90 U.S. dollars (for all of those that are interested). I don't have anymore plans to be ordering anymore Deciem foundations, as neither their Serum or Coverage foundations give me everything that I am looking for in a foundation. While, LA. Colors Truly Matte foundation does.

on 8/25/2017 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the 1.0 NS with the silver highlights. It didn't work as a foundation itself for me as I have a lot of redness to cover but it is AMAZING to mix with my UD Naked Skin foundation. It adds this perfect subtle highlight and lightens my foundation to the prefect shade. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this as a foundation additive, just a couple drops and boom gorgeous finish.

on 7/6/2017 11:50:00 AM

I used a foundation matcher to determine my shade (I wear C1 in MAC face & body, or NC 20). I was recommended shade 1.2 and i bought both the neutral and yellow tone.

These foundations are VERY full coverage. Granted, the shades were wayyyy to light for me, but when I applied with a beauty blender, they had a very "mask-like" finish. I'm oily and these made my skin look dry and old. :(

I am willing to try again if I can get the right shade. Will update this review then.