Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 30-35
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.4

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 6/6/2018 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Right after application it looks surprisingly good, but it doesn't last.

It enhances any dry skin by being absorbed of the dry patches. The top of the bottle gets stained after the first pump and it's impossible to clean, hence it visually looks awful even early on (which most makeup do after usage, but not as early on as this one). It transfers to clothing like no other foundation and have ruined several jumpers/t-shirts/jackets of mine.

Oh and the cooler tones aren't cool/pink after it oxidised but orange, and gets ALOT darker than the color in the bottle.

I really wanted to like this, but it just sat on the skin, ended up cakey, breaking apart, & didn't last. Im really disappointed. The color match was good though.

on 12/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

It looks good when first applied, quite glowy and natural. It starts to disappear after a couple of hours and also looks quite shiny, which I am not a fan of since my skin is already combination oily.

This product just came out around the time I was ordering a few other products from the site and I thought, 'why not?' and got both the Serum and the Coverage products. Because why not. I think I liked the Coverage product a tiny bit more than the Serum one, but not enough to give even 2 lippies. The shade I got was 1.0N and it matches my skin, almost. It claims all sorts of things, long-lasting, no settling in lines, natural look and full cover, and then some more (sunscreen, spreadability…). Well, it applies easily (with both brush and fingers), it goes on with an almost matte finish, but it's not exactly uniform and I needed a lot of work to make it even. The final finish is definitely on the more dewy side, but it starts out almost matte and then quickly turns oily, similar to the Serum. It needs a powder to set it, it's quite sticky on it's own and doesn't set/blend into skin, so it does look like make-up, and on top of that the pigmentation is quite high (but hardly full, nope) and it does blur facial contours. Comparing against something that truly is full-cover like Dermablend 16h Fluid Ordinary gives more of a pancake face, but it's not as pigmented, doesn't cover birthmarks (which Dermablend and other full cover liquid products can actually do), for example. I can't see how the claim on superior suspended pigments is true by any stretch of imagination. Lasting power is average, about 5-6 h and by then it's shiny, despite powder (silica-based), and it does migrate into lines and pores. Long-lasting is something else. It's not that I had expected it to be this abysmal, but Ordinary make-up manages to not live up to any of their claims (which are pretty high for any make-up to live up to, honestly). Though, even if the description said simply 'lightweight, medium coverage foundation in 21 shades' then it would still be a forgettably bad foundation with no redeeming qualities.

on 5/30/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I finally received this yesterday after weeks on the waiting list and am moved to review.

I've become a bit of an Ordinary advocate for the price and the quality. With few exceptions I've been really pleased and this is no different (the Argireline and the Vit C suspension I'm on the fence over).

I was uncertain about ordering a foundation without any concept of how the shades may appear in reality. I'm fair, probably with pinkish undertones but not so pink I wanted to choose the P shades. I went with 1.1N as I thought that would be safest bet. For reference, I usually wear Giorgio Armani LSF in 2 or 3.

I'm so impressed. The coverage is good - heavier than GA LSF but still natural and not so heavy I feel caked. I'm happy with the colour. I thought the tone was wrong initially but it's nicely warmed up throughout the day and I don't think it's worn off in any areas.

On the few rare occasions I deviate from GA LSF, I'm never 100% happy with the result but I'm thrilled with this. I can see myself wearing this for daytime/work and saving the GA for more special occasions. Although I like the coverage and finish on this so much I can see it taking over.

Regardless of the price, it's a serious contender and factoring it in, it's a total winner.

Looking forward to trying the Serum formulation at some point and I'll probably also purchase a darker tint for when I fake tan.

As I'm only a day in with this product, I will update should my view change for better or worse. This is also why I haven't given this product 5 stars, I want to wait and see if I stand by this review in a few days or weeks.