Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
Deciem The Ordinary Coverage Foundation
The Ordinary Coverage FoundationThe Ordinary Coverage Foundation

2.4

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain [ /-]: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

on 9/19/2017 10:30:00 AM

I started wearing foundation at the age of 27. I could get away with concealer and powder for the longest, but my skin is aging and I've always had a quite a bit of redness. I haven't tried a lot of foundations. I took a chance on The Ordinary Coverage foundation and am really pleased with it. I've repurchased it once. I had the lightest color (1.0N) which was too light for me but still worked out. I repurchased and picked 1.2N and it's perfect.

On hot days, it does separate a bit when I sweat. I can't actually see the separation on my face. I just notice it when I touch the oily parts of my face. One lippie off for that. I am so pleased with the flawless base that it gives me that I can't really find any other issues to gripe about with this product. It also doesn't look like a mask, which is important to me.

on 9/16/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Damn. I wanted to love it so much because of the perfect color match and the price... unfortunately, the formula was just too thin and instantly wiped off no matter how long you let it set with powder. It settled throughout the day, clung to dry patches and aged your skin. Super disappointing.

EDIT 5/10/17 :
Personally, I realized that the best way to make this foundation work was to mix it with another high coverage foundation. I mixed it with the taste's sea foundation and it lasted much longer without caking and running off and mild oiliness throughout the day. So if you do have other foundations at your disposable, I suggest trying to experiment with it If you really want it to last.

on 9/6/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The price is good and the packaging is great. This foundation is just so-so. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's great for a light makeup day or quick application. It has great coverage but makes my skin look meh and flat. I don't notice any youthfulness or plumpness after applying, which I get with my other foundations. It doesn't stay on my face as long either. I don't have to use a setting powder with this foundation because it seems to dry down a bit. I appreciate that aspect because powders tend to bring out my skin texture. The colors are slightly off. There isn't a good shade for neutral tones. I found they are very yellow or pink. My perfect match is Nars Gobi (NC15) so I purchased 1.1N. It is a bit too light so I think 1.2N is better. I like how thin the formula is while still giving coverage. It doesn't accentuate my skin texture or pores. I will continue to use it, but not sure I will purchase more.

on 9/6/2017 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Horrible horrible horrible for Oily skin! It made me look extremely oily all the time and it rubbed off on everything, I really tried to make this foundation work. I tried primers and setting powders, I tried it with a totally clean face void of any creams but it always turned into a horrible mess; like I smeared baby oil all over my face and then threw baby powder onto it; caking by my nose and around my eyes but a greasy oily mess everywhere else eeeeeeeeeww!!

I ordered this foundation because I was really intrigued by the inexpensive pricing and the decent reviews that I had found on it. I found this foundation to be pretty disappointing. When I first applied the foundation it went on really well, felt super lightweight, had decent coverage, and a natural finish. The first couple of hours it stayed looking really good but then after about 4-5 hours my t-zone was very oily (naturally a little oily in the t-zone) and the foundation started to bunch up around the sides of my nose and on my chin. I blotted with a blotting paper and it seemed to help for the rest of the day but it was still bunched up leaving a not so good look. I have other foundations that last much longer than this one, wouldn't recommend.

on 7/31/2017 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Key points:-
The yellow shades pull VERY yellow. I had a very hard time matching myself to this foundation (I had to buy 3 shades.) I mix a "yellow" and "red" to get my correct undertone (olive-golden).
It oxidizes a bit. So go down if you're in between shades.
It's got solid medium-full coverage but can easily be blended out to a sheer coverage.
It has a demi-matte finish. I find you need to set it with powder.
More coverage and more of a matte finish compared to the serum foundation.
It applies well with brushed, sponges, and fingers.
Has a gorgeous, natural finish.
The packaging isn't great. The pump has that matte texture that gets filthy very quickly.

I really like this foundation. My biggest problem with it are the shades. While they have a good range, the yellow shades are far too yellow and won't suite most people. So if you're buying this (and I would recommend it!), you need to buy on Y and one R. If you have cool toned skin, I imagine the red shades will work just fine. They just really need to tone down the yellow, because it makes me look like I'm headed to the set of the Simpsons.
Aside from the undertone issues, it really is gorgeous. It has a beautiful finish. If you're a fan of a natural, undetectable base, this will work for you, while providing you with flexible coverage. I only use it around the center of my face and blend outwards. I also use it for concealing on most days since it builds up well enough to serve that dual purpose.
I have oily/combination skin and I use a matte primer, set with a loose powder, and use a setting spray (I do this with all foundations though). It lasts well for me. I just blot occasionally throughout the day and I'm good. It doesn't stick to dry patches on me. One thing about Ordinary foundations though, I think your skincare is key. Since they're fairly simple formulas, they won't do the work of hydrating your skin or keeping you matte, that's going to have to come from your skincare/primer. These are mostly just pigment. If you want a formula that will do more, this isn't it.

I have this in 1.0P, my skin tone is NC10. I'd give it 3.5 stars.

PROS
- inexpensive. It's about $5 per bottle.
- really nice container
- decent range of light shades
- a little goes a long way
- finish is matte, but not too matte
- applies well over The Ordinary primer with a sponge
- lasts 10-12 hours

CONS
- the colour is a little yellow to begin with. In comparison, my cool-toned foundations (Guerlain, MUFE, NARS) actually look salmon-pink. If you need really pink undertones, this line if not for you.
- so easy to apply too much and then- like other reviewers noted- it never sets
- the finish can get a little powdery and stick to imperfections/baby hairs/wrinkles
- not great for building up; you go from too little to too much very fast

Is this amazing? Nah. Is it awful? Nope. It's a perfectly decent five-buck foundation, and I'm excited to try the serum one.

on 7/29/2017 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the YouTube hype. I think a lot of the bloggers who think this is the holy grail of cheap foundations were paid to do so. Like other reviewers on here, the damn stuff never sets, even with powder and setting spray. You can see it sitting on the skin, and as someone with combo skin, it looked awful on both the oily and dry parts of my face, making each area look worse than it is. I found it turned more yellow throughout the day, giving me a nice jaundice look for work. The packaging is nice, but the product is not great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this so bad! Because it's cheap, I figured I could get it for both evenings out (when I want more coverage) and to mix it with other stuff, for my daily tinted moisturizer (I use sunscreen, foundation, and a bit of shimmer cream to illuminate).

However, it keeps sliding off my face, like if I touch it, there is going to be a finger mark. It doesn't ever set, and feels tacky on the skin unless I use a lot of setting powder. It highlights my imperfections in a really weird way, like dryness I didn't even know was there. It doesn't even play well with others, cause it doesn't matter what I mix it with, it's just going to ruin the other products.

I used it yesterday with a drop of my face shimmer, and after Sunday Riley's tinted primer, and when I came across a mirror I realized with sheer horror that it just looked like a greasy layer on top of my skin. If anything had touched my face, like my sleeve or a tissue, it would just have been wiped off. It seems to me very unlikely that the people who tested this foundation before it was released never had this problem.

I'd like to add that I exfoliate my skin really well once a week, and use acids at night, so it generally have a healthy, smooth and non-clogged skin, which constitutes a good canvas; I never came across a foundation that never sets, it's completely new to me, and I don't use that much product- I'm careful and build it up progressively.

I can't possibly recommend it to anyone. It's cheap, but it's also really, really bad. Don't bother buying.

Edit: Case in point > I dropped the tiniest bit of product on the lid of another product and didn't notice. Days after I used it, it never dried out. When I touched it to wipe it off, it was still as liquid as the first day. I think this is just not meant to set at all.