Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Citrate, Arginine, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 5/22/2017 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for just over a week with a couple of other products from the range. My skin was reflecting a few weeks of stress and became uncomfortably dry (even my trusted La Roche Posay products couldn't deal with it) and some bumpy congestion on my forehead had come back with a vengeance, so I thought I'd give this range a try.

This is my first experience of using clinical formulations. I was nervous of using a high-strength acid product so
I selected the Lactic Acid 5%, (they also do a 10% version) said to benefit uneven tone and textural irregularities, followed by their Hyaluronic Acid to improve hydration and then their Magnesium Phosphate 10%, a vitamin C cream, for dullness and even skin tone.

The first couple of nights my skin felt very dry after applying these products and I had to use another cream on top. No irritation, but a tiny bit of soreness the following morning. After that my skin has tolerated these products very well and I've seen some real results.

After a week, my skin is looking noticeably brighter and the bumpy congestion on my forehead is much reduced, which I assume is down to the Lactic Acid. The directions do state that the product can be diluted with other treatments until skin develops tolerance, so I think that layering the Hyaluronic Acid on top has helped with that. The HA has also made a difference to the comfort and hydration of my skin. Overall my skin is looking brighter, hydrated and rested, and feeling much more supple and comfortable.

This product smells vile when you first apply it but the odour disappears after a few seconds. The texture is quite light and thin, and easily smooths over the skin. There isn't the elegance of a pleasant scent or the luxurious texture of a cosmetic serum but then that's what we pay at least ten times more for in department stores. I've used sparkly pink serums and frankly I don't find those gimmicks appealing any more - I just want products that work. Overall the textures and quality of the three Ordinary products I've used have exceeded my expectations.

I am really pleased with the results I've had. I'm going to continue using these products and am looking forward to trying other products from the range. The Ordinary's ethos of integrity appeals to me, as does the fact that their products are vegetarian/vegan, not tested on animals, and not sold in China, which unlike most of the world requires that all products sold there are tested on animals.