Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

Filtered by hair type : Other
Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%
The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

3.0

Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Citrate, Arginine, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Having dry skin, I am an AHA freak. I need a good peeling solution in my life in order to battle dullness and texture.

That being said, I had incredibly high hopes for the Ordinary lactic acid solution. Now, I wish I bought 10% version instead, but since I was new to the brand at the time, I figured it would be best to start with a mild version first.

Typically lactic acids to tingle a bit, but since I am used to them, I didn't really feel anything with this product. It was hydrating enough to be used on its own, so that is an instant bonus. The first time I used it actually made my skin too dry and even a touch painful. But after that it was totally fine. I must say that it does keep texture at bay, but nothing more than that. It is very basic.

If you want to hear more thoughts on this and other The Ordinary products, you might enjoy my in-depth review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/04/10/Extra-Ordinary-Review). Other than that, nice little exfoliator, but nothing to write home about.

This was one of the first acids I've ever used. I've been using this every night for the past few months now, in the beginning I didn't notice a difference, to be fair I didn't know what to look for then. Now however, every night I use it, I wake up with the glowiest, plumpest skin.

I don't really care for the smell of it, smells a touch like burning rubber, but that smell goes away pretty quickly, so its not a big deal. I haven't noticed any skin irritation from using this, it's pretty gentle. I don't care much for the dropper style of the bottle, I would prefer a pump with a more consistent amount of product being dispensed, I feel with the dropper I sometimes get too much product, and that bothers me.

This is a great price though, I'll likely repurchase this, but I might also purchase the 10% Lactic Acid + HA next time to see if that has a better effect.

on 7/6/2017 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

broke me out unfortunately. at first i thought maybe my skin was just purging, but the next few uses the same thing happened. i do have really reactive skin though, giving it to a friend.