Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%
The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

3.0

Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Citrate, Arginine, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 4/15/2019 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have sensitive skin prone to hyperpigmentation and breakouts. I wanted something to use in-between my retin-A applications to exfoliate my skin. Since retin-A thins out the skin it needed to be gentle though.

I probably apply this in a way people would find strange... First some Matrixyl+HA from The Ordinary, then some marula oil all over, from the same company. Then 3-4 drops of this. I repeat this treatment every 3-4 days. Right after application, this stings mildly, but that's OK *IF* it lasts for maybe only 30 seconds. If it stings for longer, I know my skin is too thin and this will irritate it. As long as I follow my own rules for how to use this, I don't get any irrotation though - just super smooth (texture and feel-wise) skin! :)

This also helps with hyperpigmentation - My brown spots from acne disappear in half the time it usually takes. Overall, I really like it and it lasts me for a really long time

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was perfect for my sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I was just beginning to use tretinoin. After a month or so, I started using this in the morning whenever I had some flakey skin. I found it worked well for removing flakey skin even though it is only 5%. I use it at least once per week and probably going to increase soon. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Having dry skin, I am an AHA freak. I need a good peeling solution in my life in order to battle dullness and texture.

That being said, I had incredibly high hopes for the Ordinary lactic acid solution. Now, I wish I bought 10% version instead, but since I was new to the brand at the time, I figured it would be best to start with a mild version first.

Typically lactic acids to tingle a bit, but since I am used to them, I didn't really feel anything with this product. It was hydrating enough to be used on its own, so that is an instant bonus. The first time I used it actually made my skin too dry and even a touch painful. But after that it was totally fine. I must say that it does keep texture at bay, but nothing more than that. It is very basic.

If you want to hear more thoughts on this and other The Ordinary products, you might enjoy my in-depth review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/04/10/Extra-Ordinary-Review). Other than that, nice little exfoliator, but nothing to write home about.

on 3/26/2018 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been wanting to try gentler acids for a while now. This one is gentle, all right! In fact, it is so gentle that at times I question whether it does anything at all, even when I use it on a daily basis. To be fair, my daily routine already incorporates hyaluronic acid so that ingredient was redundant for me. I'm hoping I'll have better luck with the azelaic or alpha lipoic serum. I do really like the packaging, the fact that the formula is so basic, and the straightforward name and marketing.

This was one of the first acids I've ever used. I've been using this every night for the past few months now, in the beginning I didn't notice a difference, to be fair I didn't know what to look for then. Now however, every night I use it, I wake up with the glowiest, plumpest skin.

I don't really care for the smell of it, smells a touch like burning rubber, but that smell goes away pretty quickly, so its not a big deal. I haven't noticed any skin irritation from using this, it's pretty gentle. I don't care much for the dropper style of the bottle, I would prefer a pump with a more consistent amount of product being dispensed, I feel with the dropper I sometimes get too much product, and that bothers me.

This is a great price though, I'll likely repurchase this, but I might also purchase the 10% Lactic Acid + HA next time to see if that has a better effect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this based on the price. I’ve been using lactic acid forever. By far my favorite is from DHC. I thought I’d give this line a try. Don’t even bother. Smells bad and second did not do a single thing. Usually lactic acid makes your skin glow especially the next morning. 5% or 10% this is a no go for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Deep cystic acne from this. 100 percent the cause.

on 7/6/2017 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

broke me out unfortunately. at first i thought maybe my skin was just purging, but the next few uses the same thing happened. i do have really reactive skin though, giving it to a friend.