Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%
The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Citrate, Arginine, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Having dry skin, I am an AHA freak. I need a good peeling solution in my life in order to battle dullness and texture.

That being said, I had incredibly high hopes for the Ordinary lactic acid solution. Now, I wish I bought 10% version instead, but since I was new to the brand at the time, I figured it would be best to start with a mild version first.

Typically lactic acids to tingle a bit, but since I am used to them, I didn't really feel anything with this product. It was hydrating enough to be used on its own, so that is an instant bonus. The first time I used it actually made my skin too dry and even a touch painful. But after that it was totally fine. I must say that it does keep texture at bay, but nothing more than that. It is very basic.

If you want to hear more thoughts on this and other The Ordinary products, you might enjoy my in-depth review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/04/10/Extra-Ordinary-Review). Other than that, nice little exfoliator, but nothing to write home about.

on 3/26/2018 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been wanting to try gentler acids for a while now. This one is gentle, all right! In fact, it is so gentle that at times I question whether it does anything at all, even when I use it on a daily basis. To be fair, my daily routine already incorporates hyaluronic acid so that ingredient was redundant for me. I'm hoping I'll have better luck with the azelaic or alpha lipoic serum. I do really like the packaging, the fact that the formula is so basic, and the straightforward name and marketing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for a month now, 2x a week at night.

This has been kind of amazing. I have quite dry skin that flakes in patches and appeared uneven.

My skin is now pretty happy! Skin is soft, hydrated and no longer dull. I did experience some additional flaking in my first 2 weeks, however nothing a cleanser/light exfoliation couldn't get rid of. I switched up my routine to followed by The Original's Buffet and now couldn't be happier with the results.

I'm no longer getting pimples, freckles are starting to fade/tone down and my skin texture is super smooth which makes applying makeup a dream.

I highly recommend this product. You may not see results overnight (other than soft skin, which who doesn't love?!) but keep with it for at least a month to see the results.

Bottle is hygienic and a lot goes a long way. I prefer to use the dropper directly on my face and smooth over rather than on fingers (worked out that used less product, less getting absorbed on fingers).

Note:
It may sting ever so slightly the first week if your skin isn't used to acids
Follow with Buffet or another essence/moisturizer for optimal results

on 5/22/2017 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for just over a week with a couple of other products from the range. My skin was reflecting a few weeks of stress and became uncomfortably dry (even my trusted La Roche Posay products couldn't deal with it) and some bumpy congestion on my forehead had come back with a vengeance, so I thought I'd give this range a try.

This is my first experience of using clinical formulations. I was nervous of using a high-strength acid product so
I selected the Lactic Acid 5%, (they also do a 10% version) said to benefit uneven tone and textural irregularities, followed by their Hyaluronic Acid to improve hydration and then their Magnesium Phosphate 10%, a vitamin C cream, for dullness and even skin tone.

The first couple of nights my skin felt very dry after applying these products and I had to use another cream on top. No irritation, but a tiny bit of soreness the following morning. After that my skin has tolerated these products very well and I've seen some real results.

After a week, my skin is looking noticeably brighter and the bumpy congestion on my forehead is much reduced, which I assume is down to the Lactic Acid. The directions do state that the product can be diluted with other treatments until skin develops tolerance, so I think that layering the Hyaluronic Acid on top has helped with that. The HA has also made a difference to the comfort and hydration of my skin. Overall my skin is looking brighter, hydrated and rested, and feeling much more supple and comfortable.

This product smells vile when you first apply it but the odour disappears after a few seconds. The texture is quite light and thin, and easily smooths over the skin. There isn't the elegance of a pleasant scent or the luxurious texture of a cosmetic serum but then that's what we pay at least ten times more for in department stores. I've used sparkly pink serums and frankly I don't find those gimmicks appealing any more - I just want products that work. Overall the textures and quality of the three Ordinary products I've used have exceeded my expectations.

I am really pleased with the results I've had. I'm going to continue using these products and am looking forward to trying other products from the range. The Ordinary's ethos of integrity appeals to me, as does the fact that their products are vegetarian/vegan, not tested on animals, and not sold in China, which unlike most of the world requires that all products sold there are tested on animals.