Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%
The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

3.8

Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Citrate, Arginine, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 4/15/2019 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have sensitive skin prone to hyperpigmentation and breakouts. I wanted something to use in-between my retin-A applications to exfoliate my skin. Since retin-A thins out the skin it needed to be gentle though.

I probably apply this in a way people would find strange... First some Matrixyl+HA from The Ordinary, then some marula oil all over, from the same company. Then 3-4 drops of this. I repeat this treatment every 3-4 days. Right after application, this stings mildly, but that's OK *IF* it lasts for maybe only 30 seconds. If it stings for longer, I know my skin is too thin and this will irritate it. As long as I follow my own rules for how to use this, I don't get any irrotation though - just super smooth (texture and feel-wise) skin! :)

This also helps with hyperpigmentation - My brown spots from acne disappear in half the time it usually takes. Overall, I really like it and it lasts me for a really long time

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was perfect for my sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I was just beginning to use tretinoin. After a month or so, I started using this in the morning whenever I had some flakey skin. I found it worked well for removing flakey skin even though it is only 5%. I use it at least once per week and probably going to increase soon. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm not much of an acid user so for me, this actually worked really well. The texture of my skin got a lot smoother after using this every other day. I like that it's mild because I live in Australia where the sun is very strong. Some of the pitted scars I have already look so much better after a couple of weeks of use. My skin is less congested too. I like it a lot and will keep using it.

on 3/29/2018 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This dude doesn't smell like pretty flowers. It straight up smells like a school chemistry classroom. But if we get past that, this stuff is great. I put it on with a cotton pad at night before my moisturiser. Yes it burns a little, especially if it gets rubbed over a spot or two. But by morning, my skin looks brighter and my spots look more healed and / or lighter. Helps to limit those little bumps under the skin too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This works so well for my skin, which is fair, sensitive with both breakouts, pigmentation and fine lines and wrinkles (early 40's).

I have used it nearly every night for at least 6 months now. My sensitive skin tolerates it very well and it is so efficient in shutting down developing pimples or blackheads. Whenever I have used BHA instead for a few days, my chin starts breaking out. I then use the lactid acid morning AND night on my chin until the breakouts are gone, with no added sensitivity.

on 9/12/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I totally love this. Judging from other reviews it can be quite a gamble depending on your skin type and sensitivities. I have fair, early 40s sensitive skin and this has done me nothing but good. I really do like an overnight peel and you can really feel the difference the next day. There's a stronger version but this is enough for me. I use twice a week. Worth a try considering price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for a month now, 2x a week at night.

This has been kind of amazing. I have quite dry skin that flakes in patches and appeared uneven.

My skin is now pretty happy! Skin is soft, hydrated and no longer dull. I did experience some additional flaking in my first 2 weeks, however nothing a cleanser/light exfoliation couldn't get rid of. I switched up my routine to followed by The Original's Buffet and now couldn't be happier with the results.

I'm no longer getting pimples, freckles are starting to fade/tone down and my skin texture is super smooth which makes applying makeup a dream.

I highly recommend this product. You may not see results overnight (other than soft skin, which who doesn't love?!) but keep with it for at least a month to see the results.

Bottle is hygienic and a lot goes a long way. I prefer to use the dropper directly on my face and smooth over rather than on fingers (worked out that used less product, less getting absorbed on fingers).

Note:
It may sting ever so slightly the first week if your skin isn't used to acids
Follow with Buffet or another essence/moisturizer for optimal results

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I use this at night + the ordinary HA 2% + B5 and then rosehip seed oil. My skin before I started using their range was dehydrated, flaking and dull. Now it's supple, smooth, evened out of redness, has cleared any acne that I had and is so hydrated! I would definitely recommend this!

on 5/22/2017 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for just over a week with a couple of other products from the range. My skin was reflecting a few weeks of stress and became uncomfortably dry (even my trusted La Roche Posay products couldn't deal with it) and some bumpy congestion on my forehead had come back with a vengeance, so I thought I'd give this range a try.

This is my first experience of using clinical formulations. I was nervous of using a high-strength acid product so
I selected the Lactic Acid 5%, (they also do a 10% version) said to benefit uneven tone and textural irregularities, followed by their Hyaluronic Acid to improve hydration and then their Magnesium Phosphate 10%, a vitamin C cream, for dullness and even skin tone.

The first couple of nights my skin felt very dry after applying these products and I had to use another cream on top. No irritation, but a tiny bit of soreness the following morning. After that my skin has tolerated these products very well and I've seen some real results.

After a week, my skin is looking noticeably brighter and the bumpy congestion on my forehead is much reduced, which I assume is down to the Lactic Acid. The directions do state that the product can be diluted with other treatments until skin develops tolerance, so I think that layering the Hyaluronic Acid on top has helped with that. The HA has also made a difference to the comfort and hydration of my skin. Overall my skin is looking brighter, hydrated and rested, and feeling much more supple and comfortable.

This product smells vile when you first apply it but the odour disappears after a few seconds. The texture is quite light and thin, and easily smooths over the skin. There isn't the elegance of a pleasant scent or the luxurious texture of a cosmetic serum but then that's what we pay at least ten times more for in department stores. I've used sparkly pink serums and frankly I don't find those gimmicks appealing any more - I just want products that work. Overall the textures and quality of the three Ordinary products I've used have exceeded my expectations.

I am really pleased with the results I've had. I'm going to continue using these products and am looking forward to trying other products from the range. The Ordinary's ethos of integrity appeals to me, as does the fact that their products are vegetarian/vegan, not tested on animals, and not sold in China, which unlike most of the world requires that all products sold there are tested on animals.

on 4/6/2019 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Extremely gentle but surprisingly effective. This is a great acid serum for beginners. no irritation but tangible results. It has a medium consistency that rubs in very easily. I use five drops on my face and another 5 on my neck and chest. I found it very effective on rough textured skin and helping fade hyperpigmentation.