Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%
The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

3.8

Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Citrate, Arginine, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this based on the price. I’ve been using lactic acid forever. By far my favorite is from DHC. I thought I’d give this line a try. Don’t even bother. Smells bad and second did not do a single thing. Usually lactic acid makes your skin glow especially the next morning. 5% or 10% this is a no go for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Deep cystic acne from this. 100 percent the cause.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Another ordinary strike. Did nothing. Was looking to replace Sunday Riley good genes.

on 7/6/2017 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

broke me out unfortunately. at first i thought maybe my skin was just purging, but the next few uses the same thing happened. i do have really reactive skin though, giving it to a friend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This product was my first experience with The Ordinary brand and I’m not disappointed. It was gifted to me but it’s sold cheaply and readily available so availability for repurchase won’t be a problem. I’ve been using this product twice a week for roughly 3 months now and the hyperpigmentation and acne marks on my skin have greatly improved. I can’t fully credit the improvement to this product alone as I’ve been using other things in conjunction, however, on nights I use it my skin is brighter the next morning. I enjoy using this as a part of my routine. It comes in the standard Deciem packaging with a dropper applicator. The product is very watery/runny and smells like tears but absorbs quickly and layers fine with other products. It does tingle a bit but after consistent use I haven’t experienced this. The 30ml bottle lasts a long time too. Overall, I’d repurchase but at a higher strength.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I liked this product the potency is good for my skin, I'd rate it extra mild because I didn't see no change the next morning but rather after 2 weeks of use. No irritation occurred,It stung on the first application and the hyper pigmentation around mouth has improved in visibility. This product has been good to me and i will repurchase again. I recently added the 7% glycolic acid solution into the mix I hope all goes well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Having dry skin, I am an AHA freak. I need a good peeling solution in my life in order to battle dullness and texture.

That being said, I had incredibly high hopes for the Ordinary lactic acid solution. Now, I wish I bought 10% version instead, but since I was new to the brand at the time, I figured it would be best to start with a mild version first.

Typically lactic acids to tingle a bit, but since I am used to them, I didn't really feel anything with this product. It was hydrating enough to be used on its own, so that is an instant bonus. The first time I used it actually made my skin too dry and even a touch painful. But after that it was totally fine. I must say that it does keep texture at bay, but nothing more than that. It is very basic.

If you want to hear more thoughts on this and other The Ordinary products, you might enjoy my in-depth review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/04/10/Extra-Ordinary-Review). Other than that, nice little exfoliator, but nothing to write home about.

on 3/26/2018 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been wanting to try gentler acids for a while now. This one is gentle, all right! In fact, it is so gentle that at times I question whether it does anything at all, even when I use it on a daily basis. To be fair, my daily routine already incorporates hyaluronic acid so that ingredient was redundant for me. I'm hoping I'll have better luck with the azelaic or alpha lipoic serum. I do really like the packaging, the fact that the formula is so basic, and the straightforward name and marketing.

on 4/6/2019 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Extremely gentle but surprisingly effective. This is a great acid serum for beginners. no irritation but tangible results. It has a medium consistency that rubs in very easily. I use five drops on my face and another 5 on my neck and chest. I found it very effective on rough textured skin and helping fade hyperpigmentation.

on 9/5/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Good for a sensitive skin