Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Citrate, Arginine, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 4/15/2019 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have sensitive skin prone to hyperpigmentation and breakouts. I wanted something to use in-between my retin-A applications to exfoliate my skin. Since retin-A thins out the skin it needed to be gentle though.

I probably apply this in a way people would find strange... First some Matrixyl+HA from The Ordinary, then some marula oil all over, from the same company. Then 3-4 drops of this. I repeat this treatment every 3-4 days. Right after application, this stings mildly, but that's OK *IF* it lasts for maybe only 30 seconds. If it stings for longer, I know my skin is too thin and this will irritate it. As long as I follow my own rules for how to use this, I don't get any irrotation though - just super smooth (texture and feel-wise) skin! :)

This also helps with hyperpigmentation - My brown spots from acne disappear in half the time it usually takes. Overall, I really like it and it lasts me for a really long time

on 4/6/2019 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Extremely gentle but surprisingly effective. This is a great acid serum for beginners. no irritation but tangible results. It has a medium consistency that rubs in very easily. I use five drops on my face and another 5 on my neck and chest. I found it very effective on rough textured skin and helping fade hyperpigmentation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm not much of an acid user so for me, this actually worked really well. The texture of my skin got a lot smoother after using this every other day. I like that it's mild because I live in Australia where the sun is very strong. Some of the pitted scars I have already look so much better after a couple of weeks of use. My skin is less congested too. I like it a lot and will keep using it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This product was my first experience with The Ordinary brand and I’m not disappointed. It was gifted to me but it’s sold cheaply and readily available so availability for repurchase won’t be a problem. I’ve been using this product twice a week for roughly 3 months now and the hyperpigmentation and acne marks on my skin have greatly improved. I can’t fully credit the improvement to this product alone as I’ve been using other things in conjunction, however, on nights I use it my skin is brighter the next morning. I enjoy using this as a part of my routine. It comes in the standard Deciem packaging with a dropper applicator. The product is very watery/runny and smells like tears but absorbs quickly and layers fine with other products. It does tingle a bit but after consistent use I haven’t experienced this. The 30ml bottle lasts a long time too. Overall, I’d repurchase but at a higher strength.

on 9/5/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Good for a sensitive skin

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I liked this product the potency is good for my skin, I'd rate it extra mild because I didn't see no change the next morning but rather after 2 weeks of use. No irritation occurred,It stung on the first application and the hyper pigmentation around mouth has improved in visibility. This product has been good to me and i will repurchase again. I recently added the 7% glycolic acid solution into the mix I hope all goes well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Having dry skin, I am an AHA freak. I need a good peeling solution in my life in order to battle dullness and texture.

That being said, I had incredibly high hopes for the Ordinary lactic acid solution. Now, I wish I bought 10% version instead, but since I was new to the brand at the time, I figured it would be best to start with a mild version first.

Typically lactic acids to tingle a bit, but since I am used to them, I didn't really feel anything with this product. It was hydrating enough to be used on its own, so that is an instant bonus. The first time I used it actually made my skin too dry and even a touch painful. But after that it was totally fine. I must say that it does keep texture at bay, but nothing more than that. It is very basic.

If you want to hear more thoughts on this and other The Ordinary products, you might enjoy my in-depth review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/04/10/Extra-Ordinary-Review). Other than that, nice little exfoliator, but nothing to write home about.

on 3/26/2018 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been wanting to try gentler acids for a while now. This one is gentle, all right! In fact, it is so gentle that at times I question whether it does anything at all, even when I use it on a daily basis. To be fair, my daily routine already incorporates hyaluronic acid so that ingredient was redundant for me. I'm hoping I'll have better luck with the azelaic or alpha lipoic serum. I do really like the packaging, the fact that the formula is so basic, and the straightforward name and marketing.

This was one of the first acids I've ever used. I've been using this every night for the past few months now, in the beginning I didn't notice a difference, to be fair I didn't know what to look for then. Now however, every night I use it, I wake up with the glowiest, plumpest skin.

I don't really care for the smell of it, smells a touch like burning rubber, but that smell goes away pretty quickly, so its not a big deal. I haven't noticed any skin irritation from using this, it's pretty gentle. I don't care much for the dropper style of the bottle, I would prefer a pump with a more consistent amount of product being dispensed, I feel with the dropper I sometimes get too much product, and that bothers me.

This is a great price though, I'll likely repurchase this, but I might also purchase the 10% Lactic Acid + HA next time to see if that has a better effect.

on 11/22/2017 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this once a week, and now 2x/week at nighttime. I really like it, and have noticed an improvement with my fine lines and slowly, the texture in my forehead. I don't even notice my laugh lines the next day after using this. I would repurchase this but I might try the 10% Lactic Acid. The only thing I hate is the dropper packaging. Plus, the price is so good! I leave this on by itself for maybe 5-10 min, and then follow with my hydrating and moisturizing products.