Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

Filtered by age: 19-24
Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%
The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

4.7

Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Citrate, Arginine, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/leaf Extract, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for a month now, 2x a week at night.

This has been kind of amazing. I have quite dry skin that flakes in patches and appeared uneven.

My skin is now pretty happy! Skin is soft, hydrated and no longer dull. I did experience some additional flaking in my first 2 weeks, however nothing a cleanser/light exfoliation couldn't get rid of. I switched up my routine to followed by The Original's Buffet and now couldn't be happier with the results.

I'm no longer getting pimples, freckles are starting to fade/tone down and my skin texture is super smooth which makes applying makeup a dream.

I highly recommend this product. You may not see results overnight (other than soft skin, which who doesn't love?!) but keep with it for at least a month to see the results.

Bottle is hygienic and a lot goes a long way. I prefer to use the dropper directly on my face and smooth over rather than on fingers (worked out that used less product, less getting absorbed on fingers).

Note:
It may sting ever so slightly the first week if your skin isn't used to acids
Follow with Buffet or another essence/moisturizer for optimal results

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I use this at night + the ordinary HA 2% + B5 and then rosehip seed oil. My skin before I started using their range was dehydrated, flaking and dull. Now it's supple, smooth, evened out of redness, has cleared any acne that I had and is so hydrated! I would definitely recommend this!

on 5/31/2017 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wasn't 100% sure what rating to give this product, as I'm still on the fence about what, exactly, my expectations were. Disclaimer: skincare noob talking here, unless you count LRP Effaclar Duo as a serum, this would count as my first one. So apologies if my ignorance shines through in some places. I only bought this because I didn't want to jump into the 10% lactic acid serum straight away (also from the Ordinary) just in case I might react badly or find it too harsh. Wanted to be all smart and build things up slowly. I've been using this daily for a little over a month now.

I have hyperpigmentation from acne on my cheeks and chin (cyclical with periods). I have blackheads on my nose. I'm not poreless but I wouldn't say my pores are particularly large. I was looking for an AHA to get rid of my marks and at the time there was no glycolic acid serum on ASOS so I went with this. My skin type is normal to dry, and I'd say my skin texture is actually pretty good.

My expectations were for it to reduce the appearance of my marks slightly and perhaps even out my skin tone, maybe solve refine my skin texture. I didn't really know how capable 5% lactic acid would be at doing that though but again, it was just so my skin wouldn't get overwhelmed with a stronger product.

The colour of this serum is a pale orange/pink. It has a sweet medicinal smell, it's not overly runny or thick and sinks into the skin pretty well but it can be slightly sticky. I apply approximately 5 drops, concentrating on the lower half of my face.

So, the results?
- I did not notice any reduction in the appearance of my marks.
- I noticed a slight improvement in my skin texture.
- Skin seemed more even toned and less red.
- It seems to have reduced breakouts?

The 3rd and 4th points were particularly striking. Usually during my time of the month I experience redness around my nose and mouth, and may look a little 'flushed'. A couple of days before I was due I got too lazy to apply this and noticed how red my skin was! Just a few hours after applying the serum all the redness was gone and my skin had returned to its' original state! It was doing more than I thought.

I also noticed that I did not break out on my cheeks all throughout using this product, though I did get a couple of zits on my chin nearing the time I was due. This is odd for me as I am always getting a new occasional zit here and there. The only time I got a spot on my cheek was in the couple of days that I wasn't bothered to use this. Go figure!

My overall impression of this product, based solely on user experience is that it would be perfect for someone with flawless or near flawless skin who doesn't really have acne issues, but just wants a mild exfoliant to even out skintone and refine any texture. I don't think the percentage of lactic acid is enough as a 'treatment' for any hyperpigmentation/scarring issues.

With regards to preventing the breakouts, it could be this product, but I am a little skeptical that it may just be a fluke as this is not normally cited as something AHAs do. Again, I'm not that informed on this subject and the only way to really know is through further testing, which I will update on in the future.

A great first impression from the Ordinary - I have already upgraded to the 10% Lactic Acid Serum and have been using it for around 2 days now. I have not broken out from either product and am hoping the 10% formulation will reduce my marks.

Oh, and one last thing - I'd like to thank this product for finally allowing me to pull off the 'concealer with no foundation' look!