Deciem The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2%

3.4

Aqua (Water), Hamamelis virginiana leaf water, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Salicylic Acid, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 11/22/2017 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I initially thought this did nothing at all on my skin and had left it aside for months. The texture was like any other the Ordinary serums, fluid and colorless, a bit tacky after it’s absorbed, somehow it turned into some kind of gel after some time but there was no issue getting it out of the tube. When applying it sometimes leathers. I’ve worn it under makeup and it was fine. Did not experience dryness or anything in particular but I do layer it with moisturizer and other moisturizing serum. I failed to notice any improvements in whiteheads or blackheads, they are exactly the same as before, not easier to squeeze out nor less in amount, so I thought it did nothing. Until recently I had some small red bumps (not painful like actual acne) at the side of my face in a large scale that wouldn’t go away no matter what I do (which would normally clear my acne in two days). I started using this again and those bumps disappeared!! I still don’t know what are those red bumps but I will continue using this. I notice the scars from those bumps aren’t staying as long as my usual acne, too. Not sure if this was the reason behind the scar healing as well but those weird red bumps were not a hormonal thing and nothing else helped except when I added this to my skincare routine. Over all it’s a good product. It’s cheap and good package quality, nothing fancy but very practical. Will repurchase

on 11/19/2017 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As someone with hormonal oily acne-prone skin, this stuff is awesome. It can be a tad drying so do follow up with a good moisturizer and only use small amounts of it. I use it as a spot treatment and my BHA Active peel at night and in the morning, I actually see results of my acne diminishing in size and the texture of my pores feel smoother and less visible.

Definitely, something you should try out because it's one of the cheapest in the market at the moment!

on 11/15/2017 4:51:00 AM

2% salicylic acid, without the stickiness and at the correct pH level. If your skin responds well to salicylic acid, go for it. Do it. Some people will find this irritating, that's fine. If you do, don't blame the product, you just have to take it easy. Use less, or don't use it at all.

Don't mix this into lotions, it needs to be at the pH level it's at.

Everyone knows Paula's Choice and their 2% salicylic acid "toners". I find them expensive and sticky. So sticky. This is smaller, yes, but you don't apply it on a cotton pad and throw most of it in the bin. A little bit straight on the skin. It dries very quickly, non-sticky.

I find that applying twice a day on the chest and face, a 30ml bottle lasts me 2 months. I've already repurchased, this one's a keeper.

on 10/11/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been having postnatal breakouts and this helps clear up any blemishes very quickly. After spot treating I mix a few drops in with their sqalane or my regular cerave moisturizer to keep my skin from getting dried out and irritated. This has a thin consistency that's slightly tacky until it absorbs but it absorbs or dries down fast. This also works well for my daughter. I have had some irritation with sun exposure but it clearly states that on the bottle. Great product for me at a great price.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference, I have very dry, acne-prone and eczema-prone skin. I use this product on my really bad pimples, the ones that are painful and large and lurk beneath the skin for ages before they finally decide to come to a head. This product doesn't make under-the-skin pimples disappear immediately: rather it brings them up into a head, and then makes the raised pimples go away much faster than they would on their own. Already-raised pimples are nixed very quickly.

I do not use this on small-scale acne because it dries my skin out to the point of making the skin surrounding the pimple very dry and flaky. When I have a particularly bad breakout, I do not use foundation (1) because I am trying to treat the acne, but more importantly (2) because the flaky patches look dreadful with base product over them. This product is the most effective one I've tried, so I'm happy to put up with flakiness if it means that my pimples go away faster.

The product is clear with no smell, and I do not experience any stinging when I apply it. I only need a tiny bit on each pimple, so it will last a long time.

Overall I'm very happy with this product. Its side effects aren't the best, but it works.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i'll never buy this product ever again!!! this thing has caused my skin to inflame like crazy and have some weird breakouts. it tightened and dried out my skin and it lathered when i rubbed the serum in (???). the ordinary's products usually work for me but this product just made my skin so much worse.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have changed my initial review, because after more continued use this is is just too strong and drying for my skin, even just as a spot treatment. It causes raw patches and extreme dryness, that takes longer to go than the original pimple. With Paula's Choice 2% gel, I can happily layer it onto a zit without much thought, but theres something about this that even with a thin, carefully applied layer will cause problems. At least it is inexpensive.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using BHA for many years. Seems like all of the new formulations, especially those with further additives, break me out. I had hopes for this one but it caused raised, red itchy spots. Trying other The Ordinary products but this was unusable for me.

on 8/16/2017 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using the salicylic acid for about a month now. This is the second BHA product I've tried so I don't have much to compare to. I'm really liking this product so far. It helps reduce my breakouts and the clogged pores in my forehead. I've noticed the texture from my clogged pores/ closed comedones be reduces. I use it as all over serum a few times a week and sometimes just as a spot treatment. I would definitely repurchase this.
UPDATE- I've noticed my closed comedones disappearing as I've been using it, but I find it so drying that lately I've only been using it to spot treat. definitely makes my whiteheads go away when I spot treat with it. would still repurchase but I reeeeaaally hate the dropper packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this to spot treat any breakouts, I dab it on overnight and by the next morning I notice a large reduction in the size of the breakout. Excellent price and effective.