Deciem The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2%

3.3

Aqua (Water), Hamamelis virginiana leaf water, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Salicylic Acid, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

on 12/5/2018 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to like this but it really pissed off my skin. I couldn't figure out if I was using it correctly. When I spot treated it didn't seem to make much of an improvement (aside from making my CCs open up more, which was good) and when I used it all over I had to mix a few drops with TO niacinamide serum or moisturizer because it irritated my skin. The woman at the DECIEM store told me it would be good for my hormonal acne but I later read that salicylic acid to spot treat isn't always best for darker skin. I think that I might have been sensitive to the witch hazel because at some point the area below my eyebrow swelled up even though I didn't put it the serum there. I'm not allergic to aspirin so really I have no clue. YMMV, maybe I didn't introduce it slowly enough. If anything I had a hard time waiting out the purge because of how much my skin seemed to hate this product. Honestly, it looked like total garbage and didn't seem like a regular purge, kinda hard to describe. Now that I haven't used it for a week my skin seems a lot happier.

Works well to reduce my without, especially when paired with a gentle AHA (I use Pixi's Glow Tonic). Keeps my CCs at bay for sure, and all without drying my skin out. Not the most cosmetically elegant formula, but nothing I can't tolerate. One of those products you should pat in for sure, because swiping/rubbing leaves you with the foamy consistency people complain about. Kind of tacky as well, but again, nothing intolerable. After all, I put other skincare over it eventually and the feeling is gone.

It didn’t do anything. Very disappointed.

I bought this to use all over my face, but the texture of it is just ridiculous. This is a common issue with this brand; they pass up cosmetic elegance and ease of application in order to keep the ingredients list short and the products cheap. This product is sticky, filmy, and has a bizarre lathering effect when applying it over a large surface. It’s seriously unpleasant to use.

However, it is the best spot treatment I’ve ever tried by far. I would highly recommend it for that purpose, especially since it’s so cheap. It drastically cuts the lifespan and severity of breakouts without causing dryness or irritation. I still wish the packaging was more practical, as it’s hard to dispense a precise amount of this with the dropper.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use it for my hormonal cystic acne and it is GREAT. I spot treat. Deep, painful cysts that would normally take weeks and weeks to clear up, dried up in a few days. I have combination/oily skin and nothing was working until I tried this. I just spot treat any area I feel is going to flare up and this takes care of it! Smaller, less painful pimples dry up in a day.

I used this as a spot treatment in the evenings only. First few times I used it was fine, but eventually my skin started flaring up pretty badly and I wasn’t quite sure what was causing it. So I tried either leaving it to dry before applying moisturiser/oils, or applying moisturiser/oils and then apply this as a spot treatment afterwards.

Regardless of how I applied it, I ended up with what looked like chemical burns the next morning both around the area of application and also on completely random parts of my face. If I applied it on my chin, I would also get burns on my cheeks. If I applied it on my forehead, I would get burns around my eyes.

Once I stopped using it the burns went away and I haven’t had any flare ups since.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

This was quite a surprise. It doesn’t dry my face out at all. I use it in the strong lines between my brows and around my mouth and on my nose, chin and cheeks, and on pimples.

It’s amazing. It smooths out my skin and makes very soft. I swear the lines are fading, I SWEAR.

But pimples disappear in hours. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Got to be careful in the sun after using it. Wear sunscreen

on 5/26/2018 8:45:00 PM

Contains 2% salicylic acid, which is the maximum permitted in OTC products, in a witch hazel water solution.
Very cheap for a 30mls bottle and I am a fan of the pipette-style bottle.
I have oily/combination skin with visible pores on my t-zone and issues with closed comedones and pimples the week before my period. Salicylic acid is the only BHA suitable for use on human skin, and are lipid-soluble as opposed to AHAs. This means it's more effective at softening and breaking down sebum plugs in pores, and helping to prevent new ones.
I use this on my t-zone in the evening, and it works well without being overly irritating. I use a good UVA+UVB sunscreen daily anyway but it's extra important when using acid-based or retinoid skincare products at night.

I like this for its affordability and pared-down ingredients list. Sometimes, drugstore products have so many irritants in them that they outweigh the benefits that good ingredients might bring.

Gave me what looks like a chemical burns on the spots on my facevthat took nearly 2 weeks to heal where i
Test patches looked fine but my face didn't respond the same as my neck and inner arm
SA is way too strong

on 5/3/2018 12:42:00 PM

Love love love this so much! i use it before bed every night and the difference is palpable the next morning when i forget. A+ in dealing with breakouts quickly and clearing out the blackheads on my nose almost completely. my skincare routine is super gentle otherwise and i've pretty oily skin so that's a pretty big deal imo.
i apply one drop on top of each of my cheekbones and another on my forehead and gently rub it all over. 3 drops may sound like one too many but i do have a pretty big face lol. it foams a little to a lot when i work it into my face and i've found it spreads easier when my face is not totally dry. i also tried using it under pure shea butter for a while cause i was told it's supposed to boost the effects of salicylic acid, but it broke me out so that's that.
just make sure to moisturize really well afterwards cause it can be drying and you'll be set!