Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

3.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this in 1.0N, very fair neutral. I worried that it was too light, but I dot it on my (moisturized) face and blend with a foundation brush. I have been using a BB cream for several years, but have found that my early-mid 40s require a touch more coverage, This gives me a little more coverage but it's still my skin you notice, not the foundation. I will say that because I have extremely dry skin, I use a lot of moisturizer (with SPF) before I apply this, because one day I didn't and I felt like it settled into my lines. I was really stunned at the quality of this foundation given its giveaway price.

I have oily/combo aging skin. I bought this on a whim when I placed a Deciem order based on raves on Cafe. I had to guess at a shade, which was a mistake because I ended up with a way-too-light color, but I love its texture, its application and its finish. Since the shade is too light for me, I have been mixing it with other foundations I have that are too dark, and it definitely improves the appearance and wear of the foundation it’s mixed with. I wish I had a counter near me where I could actually get my shade because i have been really impressed with this product. And you can’t beat the price — and it comes in a pump bottle!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I admit it, I bought it for its price. Did not expect too much and I was almost sure I ordered the wrong shade (2.1P). Huge surprise, this foundation was beyond my expectations.

+Lightweight
+It covers as much as it should.
+Evens out my tone.
+Not cakey
+Can apply it easily
+Vast range of shades

-residues of the product stay inside the pump and next time you use it, it can get quickly throwned in various dimensions (eg. on your clothes). Better use your palm closed to protect from spilling.

I don't expect my make up to last for hours, my most important concern is that it feels comfortable. And this one does.

So, when I first got this foundation, I really loved it. I tried it on right away, the shade was perfect, finish was suuuper natural, it evened out my redness really well, it just looked like my skin but a lot better. I even worked out in it and it wore off really naturally.
Now, it looks good right after i put it on but then when I get home after say, 3 hrs or more, it always looks cakey and separated. Sometimes even quicker.

I havent changed my skincare routine or anything else really, so I'm thinking maybe its the weather? It's gotten a lot hotter since I first got it, so maybe it doesnt react well to sweat or drinnes? I'm not sure, but I dont really like how it is rn. If I find out the reason or a solution I'll update. For now, 3 stars :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

An initially very pretty, light coverage foundation that unfortunately could not handle my skin's oily or dry days. On either side of the spectrum, about 2 hours in, the foundation separated on my face, making me look like I had scales. It would either cling to every single semi-dry patch or the oil made it break up all over my face (even when set with powder). Its initial finish is really quite lovely, and I wish it worked better on me. Doesn't cover much, but offers a general evening out of the skintone. Won't do anything for serious discoloration. It also seemed to make my concealer cake more.

Bottle is fine. It doesn't look bad, but feels cheap (which, given the price of the foundation, shouldn't be surprising and is understandable). A luxe foundation this is not but, again, it's dirt cheap. I was pretty impressed with the shade range, but struggled to find an undertone that fit my mixed race skin. The pink tone was too pink and the yellow tone was too yellow.

Given its super light formula, the obvious OG comparison here is MAC Face & Body. F&B is...a lot better, with longer staying power and a really stunning finish. BUT I will say that if you have very normal skin, this does offer a more matte alternative than F&B's super glow and doesn't have as tacky a finish. It also has a slightly higher level of coverage.

If you have normal skin, this might work for you, but those with dry or (especially) oily skin, might not be a good option.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This foundation is perfect for those with yellow undertone, and want sheer to medium coverage. It's a thin liquid that is easy to blend. However this foundation was a bit too yellow for me, but the price is so good that you can mix two colors to get the right blend. The formula does separate so definitely give a shake before using. Because of these reasons I gave a 4 stars.
I am a loreal true match in N6-N6.5. And I used the Ordinary 3.0Y in medium dark, and I mix it with almay clear complexion makeup (which is too pink on its own). I like the overall look of this. It gives a nice lit from within finish, but still feels pretty matte. When I use this combo on its own, without powder or primer staying power is about 6 hours. I am sure with primer and setting powder it would be more. All in all its a great everyday foundation, that can be built up.

Honestly, from most of the reviews that i’ve seen or read, i didn’t expect anything at all. I literally bought it coz it was cheap and i was bored lol.

Now this foundation is literally all i use on a daily basis.

Pros :
-super duper light weight
-low medium coverage (right up my alley)
-goes on seamlessly with a brush
-doesnt accentuate any dryness or pores
-not cakey whatsoever
-do i need to mention the price again?
-on my skin the finish is not matte not dewy, it’s right at that middle sweet spot, “natural”

Cons :
Honestly i can’t think of anything.

For CAD 6.70 i have no complaints whatsoever.

10/10 would recommend.

Oh just in case this could be any help, the shade i got, 2.0YG is almost spot on like MUFE ultra HD Y245.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Well, living overseas has prevented me from trying any of the Ordinary products sooner. However, when I heard family from Canada was coming to visit, I decided to make a plan. I have dry, fine skin and don't like high coverage. I purchased shades 2.0yg and 2.1y (olive Skin, usually nc30/35). It is autumn where I am, so I mixed a little of both and used my fingers to apply. I did not use a primer, as I rarely do. I think this foundation is great. I know many people have issues with the finish or consistency, but this just works terrific for my skin type. Add in the low price, and it's a winner for me. I don't like the pump, so for 90 cents, I bought the droppers.

I’ve been using this for about 2 weeks and I’ve been really loving it. I’m over full coverage as that can look cakey and my skin has been pretty decent lately. I have combo skin. This goes on light, yet has moderate coverage. It looks like skin. Lasts pretty well on my skin when set with powder and setting spray. I use a pump and a half to cover my full face. Price is great. Only con is the pump can get messy f the foundation but I just wipe after each use. Overall, I love it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I found a review claiming this to be an excellent foundation . I wasted $6 A complete let down. It has some coverage to it but wears off fast .I used a primer I applied this foundation with a brush.It is very greasy/oily and made my chin bumpy looking . After 2 hours it had settled into my light crows feet making them look worse than ever .If you have mature skin and any fine line warning it makes them worse. Also I noticed that it turned my face orange after it set I got a color with yellow undertones because I thought it would prevent the orange but no such luck