Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Tan

3.5

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I was so excited to try this foundation given all the hype and the price point. I ordered the 3.0R first and eventually ordered the 2.1P. I have normal skin with not much acne or any considerable problems except some surface redness. I usually like thinner foundations. This is one is super thin and runny, but also very comfortable. It spread easily with a Sigma F80 and 3DHD kabuki. It lasted all day comparable to any other foundations when I used a setting powder followed by a setting spray. I liked that the coverage wasn't so heavy that it let my freckles show through. It did cover my redness adequately.

However, why so yellow?! I don't exactly know my mac shade but my guess is NW35 to NW40, so I'm right on the line between 2.1P and 3.0R. After checking out a few swatches, I went with the 3.0R. Super orange on my skin tone, but probably the right depth of tone. I ordered the 2.1P and that was so many shades lighter (too light for me) but also has yellow undertones. Just for fun I mixed the 2.1P and the 3.0R and it looked like I put mustard on my face. If you are around medium/medium-tan and have cool undertones, the Ordinary will not have a good match for you. Hopefully they'll expand their shade range in the future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in 1.2Y and 2.0N expecting to mix them since you have to buy them online without a swatch. I'm asian and have light skin because I avoid the sun lol, I found that the 1.2Y is quite yellow but this foundation is so sheer it blends out anyways, same thing with the neutral. It pulled pretty yellow but blends out nice. I like the sheer coverage and it lasts pretty well throughout the day. Works really well with the high spreadibility and the finish is pretty dewy. The pump is really nice too.