Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.5

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I am a fan of this line, and have found several products to be staples, (retiniods, vit C, HA.) I like the singular ingredients for mixing and matching purposes, the clinical packaging and of course, the extremely reasonable price point.

I ordered this foundation the second it came out, in 2.1 y. (MAC C3/C4/NC 40)The shade was truly peachy, and borderline unwearable. I ordered a 2.0 neutral as a mixer, and was caught in the multi week wait.

I have had both shades and tried mixing then for several weeks now. I just can't get it to work perfectly. The 2.0 is very light, and I'm still coming up with a shade that's too peach.

The coverage is light to medium, Demi-matte and pretty. It does cling to dry patches, but that's what foundations do. It's a water-like consistency with a potentially dangerous messily squirting pump. It takes a bit of work to get the makeup to settle in and stop moving around the surface of the face. I've tired the RT face brush, the BB sponge, and the Clariosnic foundation head. The most effective tool, in my mind, is the BB. This is a good, not great foundation at a great price.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Shade: 1.1 N

If I were to liken this to any high end foundation, it definitely reminds me a lot of NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation, or MAC Waterweight. It has a watery consistency which makes it very easy to work with and spreadable, but takes a minute longer to dry than I usually like waiting.
This foundation is the perfect sheer foundation, I love using it for work. It's not a buildable foundation, although I have seen a lot of reviews mention that one pump is enough, which I don't quite agree with. I use three small pumps, one to spread over my chin and jaw line, one for my nose and cheeks and then a last very small pump for my forehead.
I've used the product with a real techniques beauty blender once, and my fingers twice. I find using it with fingers works much better and does create a thicker layer to cover more redness.

I bought a neutral shade as I've seen a lot of people say that this product can oxidise in the Yellow toned versions. I don't find any oxidiseation in the neutral tone, and it looks well blended for about 5-6 hours, after that it does start to break up and become patchy. With some light translucent powder, I think this problem could be fixed. (Wore without powder this week for a true representation of the foundation.)

This product would work amazingly for dry skin, I have combination skin that is mostly oily, this is most likely what makes it break up as I've been wearing it under air-conditioning & in hot weather.

Pros:
Dewy & Light
Easy to apply
Good for my sensitive skin
Amazing colour range
Price is absolutely amazing for the product

Cons:
Does start to break up after a few hours of wear
Can become very oily in heat
Covers redness, but not blemishes (but that's what concealer was invented for!)

All in all, I definitely cannot complain for less than £6! It works amazingly to wear to my job.
P.s. I've been using this product with their Silicone Primer.