Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These went in the trash. Very little coverage if at all and the wrong colors for my skin even though I followed their recommendations for my skin color based on my MAC equivalent. They were both too light. I chose the ones that were supposed to be closest to MAC NC 20 per Wayne Goss' comments but they were way too light even after oxidation. Glad I tried them out but no great loss.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up out of curiosity and I am not all that impressed. It's very yellow and in my case, 1.2YG was too light (NC25-30; 220 in Fenty and W4 in L'Oreal True Match) - then it dried down darker and ended up being a really good match. The formula itself is super thin and runny. I applied using my RT sponge and it took some work to blend. The coverage is medium but not buildable, at least not in my case. It didn't blend at all around my nose area an ended up being very patchy and even pilled up along the side creases of my nose. I didn't see any difference in the texture of my skin either. I'm not terribly disappointed since the price point is so low. I do like the simple packaging and the locking pump. That said, I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this was one of the most awaited products in the history of makeup, took me several months to be able to get it, unfortunately, it didn't live up to the hype for me. For reference, I have normal/combination skin, no major problems or concerns, just looking to even out the tone and cancel out a little bit of redness I get here and there occasionally. Usually get fair-light shades, and 1.2P/1.2N are a good match for me (NW20 or a bit lighter)
PROs:
- it is very affordable
- impressive color and tone range for very fair/light skin tones
- nice hygienic packaging- pump with a lock
- unscented and doesn't have any funky smells in general
- good ingredients
- decent coverage
- doesn't cause breakouts or irritation of any sorts
CONs:
- weird finish- ashy and shiny at the same time, not sure how that is even possible
- looks awful without primer
- accentuates every minor dry patch and imperfection
- very short wear time even with primer- starts to separate and look cakey
- it is very obvious on the skin if you look close-up- I am a huge fan of light, invisible perfecting foundations since I have good skin, and this foundation is not doing it for me. Actually, makes my skin look worse than before makeup.
- In my opinion looks awful if set with even the lightest powder

I'm not going to say this is awful, and I own and LOVE most of The Ordinary skincare products, but when it comes to foundations, cheaper ones just don't seem to work too well. This is a pass for me. I'd much rather pay a load of money, and get Perricone MD no foundation serum, which makes skin look absolutely stunning and smooth all day with literally one drop and undetectable coverage, it won't even be that much more expensive at the end of the day, because don't need a primer, don't need powder, and don't need to reapply after two hours.

I'm posting a review after using once and will update, thought I'd get it up since here is a lot of curiosity. It's very liquidy and half a pump would have done my face (I used a full pump the first time). I used a flat top brush to blend and it blended very well and easily. It covered discolourations and my under eye circles. It settled into my large nose pores so I might apply more lightly or use a primer to remedy. Overall this is an awesome product with even better price.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been using shade 1.1n which is a great match for my MAC nc15 colouring,

It is a very liquidy formulae which comes in a very neat bottle with pump which I love. I find that two pumps provides enough foundation for my entire face. It blends really easily and provides light to medium coverage with a a very lovely natural finish. It makes my skin look healthy and brighter - which is great for days when I look a little tired. It lasts very well on my skin when set with a bit of powder.

I love this foundation and will definitely repurchase its as I prefer it to more expensive foundations

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I ordered the serum foundation 2.0YG because it has a yellow undertone and I have light medium yellow skin tone. I think it took 3 weeks before it arrived, because they had a waiting list. I didn't mind because I already had enough foundation (the Giorgio Armani one, but I bought the wrong color, which is a different story).

It is very difficult for me to find a yellow foundation which is for light medium skin tone. Most NARS and Bobbi Brown foundations that I tested were way too dark for me, but this color matches my skin tone by 90%. If it had been slightly more yellow it would have been perfect. It is a beautiful light yellow color, but I don't know why it is called golden, because imo it also has a bit of a pink undertone.

The foundation is runny, but one pump will do for me. It does not completely cover my small acne scars, but I don't want to use more, because I have pretty good skin and I like medium coverage for daily use. I have combination skin but it tends to be more dry. You have to moisturize your face pretty well before applying because it tends to be a bit dry in the beginning. However, during the day my face becomes very dewy, almost oily, so I have to powder it anyways. I think that's the only downside I have. So, I think this will serum foundation is best for people with very dry to dry skin.

I would order this again, because I haven't had a foundation that matched my skin tone so well and the quality is just great for the price. However, I like to try out other foundations as well.

I was able to get my hands on this sought after foundation yesterday. I ordered it May 2nd and it was shipped on May 16th, since demand is very high. I'm glad I did! I chose the serum foundation since I'm in my 40s and my skin tends to be dry. You would think with a watery serum foundation you wouldn't get much coverage. I used one pump and it was enough to cover my whole face. I didn't even need concealer since it covers my dark circles and spots very well. And the coverage is very natural looking with no powder needed (I used the fluid primer from this brand under it as well). The company's website is very helpful with the color selection, using a guide based on foundation shades by MAC (I am NW20 and it matched me to 1.2P, which is a perfect match). So far I'm in love with this foundation! It was worth the wait.