Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

2.8

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I found a review claiming this to be an excellent foundation . I wasted $6 A complete let down. It has some coverage to it but wears off fast .I used a primer I applied this foundation with a brush.It is very greasy/oily and made my chin bumpy looking . After 2 hours it had settled into my light crows feet making them look worse than ever .If you have mature skin and any fine line warning it makes them worse. Also I noticed that it turned my face orange after it set I got a color with yellow undertones because I thought it would prevent the orange but no such luck

I have combination skin very pale Irish pinky toned some redness and acne scarring usually use and live estee lauder doublewear in shell
Purchased this in very fair p pink toned shade s an excellent match
Consistency is quite watery but if you work quickly it's not a problem
I really like how it feels quite silky and I found it lasted well for 6 hours or more
It is light coverage so don't expect it to cover any real skin issues but I just used my doublewear on problem areas
I like it and will buy again for summer it's light and very reasonably priced

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Light and sheer coverage for those who don’t want cakey face. Also gives my faces a glow. It won’t cover your obvious flaws like rosacea or scars but good for those who want a light wear on some days.

I love my other Deciem products, so I had pretty high hopes for this foundation despite its price. I was sorely disappointed.

I don't know if I got a dud bottle, because there are positive reviews for this foundation, and with the way it performs on my skin I don't understand how anyone can like it even a little bit. It's strangely watery yet dry-feeling at the same time. It applies almost gritty, like the pigment particles are so large they're actually visible to the naked eye. This magnifies any texture on my skin and makes me look like my face is carved from sandstone. Not a look I strive for.

It also refuses to blend, just gliding across the skin like I'm coated in teflon. I've tried numerous primers and applications tools and it does the same thing with all of them. This makes it a struggle to get an even application. It doesn't set AT ALL, even with generous amounts of setting powder. I can't touch my face while wearing this or it will come right off. In fact, I have to pin my HAIR back because it takes off the foundation if it gets in my face. Forget sweating even just a little bit - it actually runs down my face leaving very visible streaks.

Since it refuses to set, I can't use any products on top of it. No contouring, nu blush, no highlights, no bronzer. Not even concealer if I don't avoid the eye area altogether with the foundation.

This is the most horrible foundation I've ever tried. I can't find a single thing that I like about it, and you couldn't pay me to wear it in public. My bottle is going straight in the trash, and I'm going back to my Wet n Wild and Korean BB creams.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For the money, I think it's a very good foundation. I still prefer Armani Luminous Silk on my combination skin (neither excessively oily nor dry). I wear The Ordinary Serum Foundation over Bare Minerals Prep Step or Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and it lasts well on my skin without feeling heavy or thick. I set with Charlotte Tilbury's pressed powder. Coverage is medium. It gives me a satin finish, similar to that of Bobbi Brown's original Skin Foundation.

I usually apply with a Beautyblender sponge, but when I travel sometimes I substitute a dry wedge sponge or a brush such as the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I like the foundation because I have a good color match and it evens out my skin tone without looking cakey or mask-like.

I've used more than half the bottle. I appreciate that The Ordinary includes a pump, however; I have learned to squirt this into the palm of my hand first. The pump has been known to squirt the foundation past my sponge and randomly onto nearby fabrics, the mirror, or the wall. I don't have this problem with all my foundation pumps, just this one. A minor quibble. I've also found that I need to shake the bottle before dispensing it. I've had the bottle for a few months.

I'll mention my shade in case this helps someone with a similar skin tone: In Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations I wear the shade 52 Vanille. In MAC's foundations I usually wear NC20 and Sand in Bobbi Brown's original Skin Foundation (not the new Long-Wear formula). In this foundation I am 1.2N Light Neutral, which has a yellow undertone. The Bourjois shade I wear is a bit less yellow than this one.

It's not my all-time favorite foundation but it's reasonably priced at $6.70, and I'm sure I'll finish the bottle. I like it enough to repurchase.

INGREDIENTS:

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, AQUA (WATER), CAPRYLYL METHICONE, COCONUT ALKANES, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, COCO CAPRYLATE/CAPRATE, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIGLYCERYL TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 POLYRICINOLEATE, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HECTORITE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HEXYL LAURATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, STEARIC ACID, ALUMINA, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN. MAY CONTAIN [+/-]: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TIN OXIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), MICA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my, the good thing is the price, if you have dry skin, it feels nice on the skin..now, my skin doesn't look great when I use it...I bought it, used it a few times, and went back to other foundations that make my skin look better ..it is a serum foundation. So coverage is light., like you have nothing on, which isn't my goal when wearing foundation ..I am beginning to fear the Ordinary line does. have many products that are quite basic..if you are young with good skin, go for it...now as I get older, I look for more complex formulations..so, it is ok, but I didn't love it at all.. choice of colors is tricky, very yellow tones .

I have never worn foundation, only a BB cream. I recently went to the Deciem store to pick up some skincare items and this serum foundation caught my eye and upon testing it, I fell in love. The bottle is adorable and comes with a pump. I got shade 1.0N and it’s a perfect match. I do not use a primer before applying this, only sunscreen. I blend it in with my fingers or the Ecotools kabuki brush. The Ordinary Serum Foundation doesn’t streak and is very easy to blend. There is no smell and it doesn’t cake. It is not too matte or too dewy, and it feels like you are wearing nothing at all. To top it off, there is no oxidization. For reference, I have combination skin with no blemishes. The price is unbelievable low! This will replace my $47 BB cream. Thank you Deciem, I love you!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a pretty early review, but sometimes you just know when a product isn't going to work for you, and it's pointless to press on. I've used it twice, both times with terrible results. I got it in the lightest shade with pink undertones (shade 1.0P). It definitely is very pale (a bit too pale for me, which is pretty rare), but I would say it's more neutral than pink in undertones. When a line has both yellow, neutral and pink undertones I expect the yellow and pink ones to be distinctly warm and cold respectively. I could get away with it, though, since my undertones are somewhere between neutral and cool.

The foundation is so thin, it basically absorbed right into my damp beautyblender. With a brush, it goes on very streaky. It's so thin in consistency, and it just sort of slides around the face when you try to blend and even it out. The coverage is minimal, and it does not cover redness whatsoever. I don't have much redness apart from acne/scarring, but it did little to nothing to neutralize even that. Overall, the dry patches and healing breakouts were very noticable. The first time I used it I set it with translucent setting powder (Laura Mercier's Loose powder), and the second time I set it with a powder foundation (PUR 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup). With the powder foundation I naturally got some additional coverage and it evened everything out a bit, too, but after a few hours it didn't really look much different from using a translucent powder. It very quickly broke down and wore off, not only on my t-zone but also on my cheeks. I also got terribly oily. I looked a mess, is the bottom line, and I just wanted to wash my face ASAP. I honestly like my bare skin more than this foundation, and that's coming from someone who hates being bare faced. Having only used it twice, I can't say whether or not it broke me out, though..

If you already have flawless skin with no redness and no texture, that is neither dry nor oily, then maybe it could work. Otherwise, I'm sceptical.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ Very, very cheap (I saw someone saying it's not that cheap due to its size, but that's untrue as it's the standard 30ml/1fl oz bottle)
+ The lightweight claim is true
+ The palest shade is truly pale (though not all that pink in undertones)

- Essentially no coverage. And I don't mean light coverage, I really do mean No Coverage.
- Breaks down/separates very quickly
- Made my t-zone and cheeks look much oilier than usual
- Too thin to work with. The little coverage it has disappears with a beautyblender, and it looks streaky applied with a brush
- 21 shades in total is pretty good, but the vast majority are still lighter shades

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely dewy finish, but my skin HATED it. My skin is now red, angry and flaky - having to use just E45 and bio oil on it at the moment. From reading up, it could be the coconut alkanes in it. Really surprised as I don’t have particularly sensitive skin. Perricone MD is the only other foundation that made me break out.

If you can choose the right colour online and your skin can tolerate it, it’s a great buy - but not for me!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to say I do not understand the rave reviews. Firstly - while it’s cheap, you don’t get a lot of product for your money, putting it at about the same price as high street foundations. It markets itself as very lightweight and this may be true if you have very young skin but I do not find it to be so on my skin. I am in my 30s and while I have no proper lines or wrinkles I have very fine lines across my forehead. This sits in them terribly and really makes me look old. Not good! Compared to (yes a v high end) but still lightweight foundation like a ysl cushion foundation, I’d rather pay the money instead of looking older than I am